Is this the QOS PTS tie?

Hey everybody,

Is this the correct pattern for the QOS PTS tie? It’s black and blue.

Thanks!

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent

Comparing it to the QOS tie project it appears to be the correct pattern but I imagine there are more experienced people on here who can give you a more definitive answer!

I know where you keep your gun!
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent

Thank you for responding! I appreciate it. It looks like it is, but I haven’t handled it in person before.

• BondCrazyBondCrazy Posts: 54MI6 Agent

Can you post more details? Are you looking to purchase this tie? Source?

One of my biggest regrets was selling all 5 I had. What I recall is that the pattern has a 3d feel to it, and looks absolutely gorgeous. The problem is that, because it has that 3D pattern, it is extremely easy to pull on the silk threads and it develops a nap or sorts. It is very easy to develop pulls.

I ruined one green party tie because of this, and that was after a dozen wears or so. It is definitely one that should be put in a display case and not used. Its too beautiful to wear.

I think the colors were the electric blue but a dark navy blue that looks black. I'll see if I can dig up pictures of mine.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

I have loads of images on home pc.

2 blue shades and a dark charcoal from memory of my TF discussions ... But would pass as black to the naked eye

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

I guess this was the one on eBay that finished the other day. These QoS ties are a bugger as quite a few variations. It does look quite poss the one

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BondCrazyBondCrazy Posts: 54MI6 Agent

Yeah I remember having two versions of the PTS and the Greene party one.

edited December 2021

They pop up pretty randomly these days. From what I've observed, this appears to be the following order of rarity for QOS ties:

1. Kazan tie (rarest)
    2. London tie
    3. PTS Tie
    4. Green & Bolivia (a tie - forgive the pun).

In terms of aesthetic value, the PTS tie, hands down, is the best of the lot.

Although I have noticed that Tom Ford is still using the London tie pattern, just in a different colour than what's in the movie.

On a related note, TF Milan confirmed that they cannot MTM a Regency cut - even with an upcharge.

Did they explain why they wouldn't do a Regency cut again even with an upcharge?

That just seems so silly especially when it's just a pattern they've previously used and they've recreated other items before but oh well 🤷🏽‍♂️

Hey guys,

The QOS PTS tie is back on ebay (not my listing). But note that I originally purchased it but returned it. It's damaged, and has a large coffee stain on the front. Just an fyi.

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

The listing doesn't mention that at all and the coffee stain is not evident from the photos - how bad was it?

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent

Well, that sold for much less this time. If anyone here bought it please update us on any coffee stains.

I asked the seller for more information about possible stains or frays, but never received an answer.