Molton sizing help

I was wondering how the Moltons fit. Some say they run large...

half size? whole size? your thoughts?

How do they fit compared to Church's Ryder 3?

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent

I purchased a pair of Moltons in a UK9 which was comparebale to my Ryder 3's. I would give your local Crockett & Jones store a call and they can advise you on the best size for you based on other boots you wear.

I know where you keep your gun!
  • jaffajaffa Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

I took my regular size. Normally I take a wide fitting, but despite being an E width they fit me perfectly. I'd strongly recommend trying them on in person though, if at all possible.

(Also, you can get 20% off at the moment from the sale of a great retailer in Norfolk who will ship them to you — details here.)

• danlovescarsdanlovescars Posts: 19MI6 Agent

I am usually a US 13 UK 12. In the Molton C&J recommend a 11.5 UK. That’s my fit with practically all C&J. Half size down for me.

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

I’m UK 11 in Moltons and in 4 other pairs of C&J ( I think last different in Moltons) great fit also 11 in Church’s Ryder.For comparison also 11 in RMW.

Anthony
  • BRIXMISBRIXMIS Great BritainPosts: 171MI6 Agent

If you've got Ryders, I'd definitely size down half a size in moltens. They are one of C&J s biggest lasts, apparently an old one too, from their back catalogue. I'm 9 in Ryders and C_J Chilterns but 8.5 in moltens

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent

I wear a 10.5 in most of my shoes/boots. I take 10F UK in the Ryder 3s and I took a 9.5 UK in the moltons and they fit perfect.