Carhartt Cap

Are there any kind souls in the US who wouldn't mind ordering a couple of the caps from Amazon and sending them to me in Australia?

Unfortunately they won't ship them here and I have found them in AU but $80 AUD posted each, unless someone in AU has found them cheaper? @JTM @007Downunder?

I'm after 2 x Navy and 1 x Asphalt

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0842PRXT6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Comments

• gargoil13gargoil13 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

I got my Odessa from Ebay. ( waiting for it to arrive) As I posted on another thread best I can figure out is that at time of film caps were Odessa . The current canvas cap is described on their website as being previously known as Odessa . I don’t know if any difference but decided to go for the cap they’d use for film I did note that on US Amazon you could get the cap from AUS.I bought another Caharrt navy cap from Catch to use to cover the logo rather than a Sharpie .So I think eBay cap about $80 with postage the other cap about $25 then whatever seamstress charges still cheaper than Burberry

Anthony
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

How about ordering them from NZ? I’ve not ordered one yet, but there is a Carhartt dealer here on the North Island, im sure they will post over the ditch - if not I’m sure I can help out

32NzD is about 30AUD

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Bought the one from Catch as well. Just waiting for my Odessa to arrive to compare the two...if they're close, would prefer to just use the Catch one that doesn't have the front logo that needs removing and has the "Carhatt" on the back in a non-contrast colour.

Mate I’m not an expert but the Catch brim looks flatter than photos of the Odessa.

Off topic I think best peak caps are the Oakley SI and I’ve got a 12 year old adidas Collingwood cap that great fit and look ( and worn to 3 GFs , wore the premiership cap to 2011.)

Anthony
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

Thanks, will check out Catch and the NZ store 👌🏻

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Picked up the Odessa today. Colour is maybe a fraction darker than the Catch one (the lighting in the area I took the photo below is all over the place, so photo isn't completely accurate), the depth of the Odessa peak is only around 2mm shorter—but who knows, that may just be a manufacturing inconsistency—and they both have the rusty brown/orange branding on the back adjusting flap. Overall, the difference between the two is almost negligible. I've got yet another version coming to me sometime soon that doesn't have the front tag (like the Catch version) but also has a dark navy brand on the back flap instead of brown/orange. Keen to see how that one compares to the two.

Thanks @JTM that's great to see! I don't think much in it at all. Wouldn't know any difference if they weren't side by side either.

My Odessa just arrived (I bought it from UK on eBay) . I way prefer it to the cap I bought from Catch.The peak is curved whereas Catch one quite flat. Better fit and look like an Oakley SI.

When seamstress reopens will take both in to remove leather patch and perhaps use a strip from the Catch cap to cover the logo on the back.

Anthony

I’ve got my cap SA. I’d bought a 2nd navy Caharrt cap ( not SA) and proposed to take a strip out of it to cover the logo on the sweatband. However , the seamstress just reversed the sweatbands so the logo was on the inside. It looks great . No Sharpies or unpicking the logo. I can see why they chose the cap the colour is perfect it’s very classic and good fit. I just bought the Vuarnet 06 and already had the Covert and Sperry docksiders so should look good together.

Anthony

Does the seller on eBay have any more? what was the total cost you paid shipped here if you don't mind me asking?

Also would love to see some pics. Sounds like you found a great work around to removing the patch/logos, I wonder why they didn't do that in the Film.

Will post pics tonight . I expect I overpaid the cap with postage cost about Aus$90. I paid $27 for the Catch non SA cap. The seamstress cost $28 it was her idea to reverse sweatband so I need not have bought the other cap ( she did the same to that cap too).

Last year when I was looking there didn’t seem to be any in Aus bout now seems to be.

Anthony
    edited January 2022

I suggested this method back when people first discovered the cap in November (other chaotic cap thread!) but people seemed to keen to use the sharpie.. will be interesting to see how it turns out in the pictures.

Good thinking I’d forgotten about it hence the spare cap. Here are the photos front, inside out , and back.

Anthony
    edited January 2022

that Looks bloody awesome… def the best way to go. Well done mate

• B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

Just checking is this the one Bond wears in NTTD when sailing into Santiago de Cuba? If so, does if come with the Carhartt label which then has to be removed?

Thanks

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

edited January 2022

Where have you been!! Yep, there are 2 cap threads, this one and one on the Lifestyle area, both go into detail about what to do, and also DZ at The Bond Experience has done a full Vlog on how to remove the logo and make it Screen Accurate.

This one seems to have evolved in to a discussion but it was originally posted as a request to buy :)

Probably better to move the knowledge over to the other one to save the confusion.

Here is a link back to the main one for anyone visiting my thread: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/discussion/54475/no-time-to-die-navy-cap-identification/p1

just bought a Barbour essential wax canvas backpack in navy that goes great with cap and Covert jacket

Anthony
  • AussiebondguyAussiebondguy Posts: 18MI6 Agent

Mine arrived this week, took an extra week to arrive, i ordered through ebay, i can send details if you need.