Post your worn-in boots!

Fellas.

I've been scared to wear some of my leather/suede boots just because of the fear of getting them ruined, or creased. But I would like to see some other AJB members' worn-in boots. Especially the roughed-out Moltons and other suede ones. Please post!

Cheers

Comments

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent

I agree would be great to see how they wear as I’ve just purchased the Morton’s but may send them back as I can’t see them keeping a great shape and think they may end up looking like a regular chukka.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

Here's my C&J Moltons. They're easily my favorite, most worn pair of 007 boots. I probably wear them 3-4 days a week and have had these since they were first identified, so over a year. They've never seen a cleaning brush or a shoe tree (unlike my Islays, Tetburys, Radnors, which I keep polished with cedar shoe trees in them.) Creases are recent — they got wet—but I have no doubt I could get them out with some shoe trees and a blow dryer. I soaked my Loake Trappers and was able to get the creases out that way.

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent

@Cheverian thank you sir for posting they still look decent to me! Good to know you get lots of use from them as well, as I’ve been sitting on the fence a bit about keeping the pair I just ordered. Munch appreciated for taking the effort to post pictures

• JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 465MI6 Agent

Doesn't Bond in the Fleming books have an ethos that he buys the best clothes he can afford and wears them to death? It's a shame to own nice things but then not use them for fear of them getting damaged.

In response to your specific point about suede boots, I've got a pair of Loake Pimlico suede chukka boots which I wore regularly for a few months, and they picked up some scuffs and marks and looked a bit rough. I bought the products used in this article and followed the steps, and they came out looking as good as new:

The Saphir products aren't the cheapest but they do really good job, and I use their products on my leather shoes too. Kirby Allison also has a Youtube channel with lots of videos showing how to look after shoes, and I've found it a really good resource.

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    edited December 2021

All of Bond's casual footwear is beat to hell, including the Islays (though I can't bring myself to bang those up).

He's not flitting around Jamaica in pristine boat shoes.

• apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent

Here’s my Moltons, probably worn about 6 times, the soles are like new