'Good To Have You Back': On Location

Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,701MI6 Agent

SPOILERS

Here's me, earlier this evening, at the location of the scene in NTTD where Bond and M meet for a tete-a-tete by the Thames, as we hear bars from the OHMSS theme on the soundtrack ('Good To Have You Back'). In the background is Hammersmith Bridge. I'm hoping that the pool on the ground is seepage from the river rather than some random drinker's urine!

In the second shot I re-tread the steps taken by Tanner approaching Bond and M from the direction of 'The Rutland Arms'.

Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 50 years.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 33,443Chief of Staff

Thanks, Shady!

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 19,983MI6 Agent

Great photos, Shady Tree. Thanks.

I was about to post about locations too, but I sadly haven't visited one of the NTTD locations lately. But I just watched the opening scene of "Børning 3" the latest movie in a series of Norwegian movies about street racing. How is this relevant, you ask? When NTTD and Black Widdow were being shot in this county when we found reports that a racing sequence was being shot in the Trollstigen road for a major movie. We all know it wasn't for NTTD or BW, but not everyone know it was for Børning 3. I can now tell you all this was a major oportunity for Bond, and they didn't use it. Even in overcast weather the scene is epic!

The trailer: Børning 3 Film - Bing video

A music video: Synne Vo - Gonna Be Alright (From the Original Motion Picture "Børning 3") - Bing video

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,701MI6 Agent
    edited January 3

@Number24 Fantastic shots there! Would be great to see those spectacular views in a Bond film!

By contast the most impressive sight I've had by the Thames location near Hammersmith Bridge - which is walking distance from my home - was a large seal splashing around at high tide this New Year's Day! (Btw I'm sorry I look more like a masked Safin in my photos than a Bond or a Tanner!)

edited January 3

I enjoyed your photos! It was forward of me to "hijack" your thread, but I was watching Børning 3 for the first time and I was in desperate need of a fitting thread. I'm afraid I'm going to be even more forward. Maybe this thread could be dedicated to visits, news etc. (My post was an "etc." 😂) concerning the NTTD locations?

• Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,701MI6 Agent

That's a great suggestion, and I have no sense whatsoever of a hi-jacking 🙂

So you agree then?

(hastely puts away the balaclavas and toy AK-47s).

That's great!