Bonds NTTD Tactical Sling Bag - identified

Comments

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent

Appreciate the advice guys. Will steer clear for now.

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

Gents, I might have a it of bad news.. when I was trying to get the bag identified I was in contact with FLYYE and although they didn’t confirm anything, I made a bit of a ‘pen pal’ with my contact there, who was one of the guys who set the company up about 13 years ago. In talking with him tonight he has said that FLYYE haven’t made that bag in ages, and the available stock worldwide was all there was, and now that’s dried up. He said that the last conversations he had about the bag suggested they have no plans to do another production run. Now, the use of past tense is because he has recently left FLYYE in January, which means he may not have been there when Remmert’s article was posted, which would have undoubtedly driven enquires, so that position may have changed… if they see demand increase, im sure they will make more, but no idea of how long that would be.. I will keep you posted..

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

Different seller but I sourced the bag from Hong Kong and it was a) legit and b) they were very helpful.

None in their current eBay sales but they do a lot of Flyye gear, so given @Tennyson's update maybe worth reaching out to them on a long shot.

These guys: https://www.ebay.com/usr/specwarfare2017

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent

I think I found a retailer with the bag in stock for a decent price:

the SKU is the same, I'm not 100% sure its the correct bag.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

I’m not finding much about tacticalgeartrade.com in terms of reviews, etc. Or who they are as a business. I’ll be curious how the sale goes. Fingers crossed 🤞

It would be ironic if Flyye has been capitalizing on Transformers all these years and has now missed out on all the sales that might have come with NTTD,

I have no idea how China’s Covid protocols are impacting manufacturers who rely on exports.

• might want to hold off...lol

this is the only review I could find...

• SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent

Thanks for the reply.

However, it didn’t answer my question.

The strap does fit well through the receiving part of the clip. But how can it be pulled through the other, on which the opening is much narrower? Compare photos attached. Thanks.

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

Read my post again. You have to unstitch the ELASTIC BIT, thread that through then restitch it. It doesn’t matter that it’s wider as it’s thin and well, elastic, so you can thread that through the smaller slits. Unless the Epoch clips have changed design since 2019.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

While we stand - again (talking white spoons instead of blue ones) - in awe towards the lengths art direction goes even regarding the exchange of a clip on a perfectly working holster (WHY would it be necessary?), and recognizing that the ELASTIC BIT does fit less than optimal through the giving end of the Epoch clip:

Done.

So thank you again for photos and strong advice!

Nice one.

• sotechtacticalsotechtactical Posts: 1MI6 Agent

It's indeed our S.O.Tech Go Bag, the bags were supplied by 2 of our European dealers. It's the original version before the A1 update.

edited February 2022

Thanks for that, and Interesting to know, I couldn’t find any images of any version of your SOT bag with the same features that are evident in the movie and on the Flyye bag, could you share some please.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to be corrected if I got it wrong, in fact clarity from the source is something we would love, but the types of people on here are a tad pedantic when it comes to detail! If it is your original version, that would be spot on for Bond films, using items/stock that is no longer available, and very difficult to get hold of!!!

• k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent

I bought your Go Bag bag in 2009 (from SKD) and have used it overseas since. I made the possible link here a few pages ago. Your bag is tough as old nails and served well as a crew bag, range bag and carrier of almost everything tactical. When I saw the film I was like "That's a Go Bag". I am currently trying to wrestle it back off a friend who borrowed it and refuses to hand it back !

My purchase went alright.

Looks good.

Would be interested if it‘s FLYYE or S.O.Tech.

Now I would only need 2 additional loops for the straps around the leg. I‘m attaching a photo.

Any idea where to purchase from? Retailer nor VEGA could help so far. Thank you!

The second sliders on the leg straps aren’t Vega. They’re slightly smaller.

• Because I received an e-mail from the business that had massive purchases from them made by the film crew.

Intrigued.. can you confirm the bag or other items at all?

although I am open minded to the fact it may be an old version of the SOT bag, I could find any definitive images, and some things about the post didn’t ring true. I see SOT have a large page on their film tie ins, and with NTTD being a huge film internationally, they haven’t listed it on their website, nor made any mention of it on any of their social media.. accepted Flyye haven’t either, but they are not confirming it’s their bag so makes sense. Interesting, both SOT and Flyye claim their bag was used in Transformers too, so even they can’t tell! Im also mindful of first posters setting up a profile, proclaiming something without evidence in the first instance, not sharing any Credentials etc., then disappearing.

Unless something definitive comes to light, I think the only confirmation will be if and when the bag appears in an exhibition or auction and we can see the details for themselves. The key differential between the 2 bags is the zip pulls, regardless of the SOT model, they have always used a proprietary rubber tab zip pull, where Flyye use a small paracord loop attached to a standard YKK pull.

I don’t understand:

Are you saying in #80 that post #74 by one „sotechtactical“ is wrong, is a fake, is a lie?

Or are you now - with post #82 - supporting their claim, that the bag is actually from S.O.Tech?

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent

Great thanks - Flyye have definitely copied this, and this earlier version has the same strap details as the Screen Used/Accurate one.

That does complicate matters, leading me to think the only way to confirm is to see the SU one in the flesh, and check the zip pullers, but I do note the SOt has that Velcro patch which doesn’t seem evident in the film, but that could have been easily removed.

Thinking logically, which isn’t scientific at all, I still think it’s more than a coincidence that both the Flyye bag and the tactical gloves were readily available in the UK in the same store… from memory, when looking, I couldn’t find either the gloves or the bag in any other if the many tactical supply shops I checked. (In the UK market). My gut tells me it’s the Flyye… just need better/more images!

I have no reason not to believe SOT's claim, and now someone on Reddit is saying his buddy at SOT supplied the two packs used in the movie. Plausible for sure.

But agreed, the idea that the gloves and packs could've easily been sourced from the same place makes sense as well.

I edit, therefore I am.
    edited February 2022

It seems more likely to me that Eon sourced the bag from the same company they sourced the gloves from, especially being UK based.

Did SO Tech ever make a molle pouch like the one attached to Bond’s bag?

When @sotechtactical says two bags what does he mean? Is Nomi’s different? Because the prop department would have bought multiple bags especially if they weren’t sure how they’d modify them. I’m honestly confused about the word two here.

From a marketing perspective only, SO Tech would be in a strange place to cash in since they modified the design. It now has an arguably better design but can’t capitalize on NTTD.

I have no horse in the race here. Just trying to figure things out.

I should’ve been more clear. I’m the one who said two, as in the two we ultimately see on screen. I don’t recall anyone else specifying a number. See the below Reddit thread I mentioned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/backpacks/comments/qha22v/what_bag_is_bond_wearing_here_from_no_time_to_die/

I edit, therefore I am.

Both bond and Nomi have the same bag, hence 2

Got it. How many bags total would the prop people have purchased, factoring in modifications, needing bags for stunt people, etc.? I’m curious how this process usually goes.