Bonds NTTD Tactical Sling Bag - identified

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

At least four each. Possibly six. With mods involved and depending on how extensive they were. Maybe between six to eight each.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent

Possibly 12 bags.. wow, that confirms Flyye then ‘cos they took all the availible stock, and explains why no bugger can get them!!! 🤣.

• It's Flyye.

This is the best way I can put it...SOTECH=OliverPeople Airmans FLYYE Industries=Tom Ford TF108s. People can debate it all they want, but the film team used Flyye.

• CajunCajun Posts: 482MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

I'm not sure that's a good comparison, but point made.

I have no doubt Flyye gets the job done. I know for a fact SOTech is US-made, combat proven top-tier gear specified by LE and military units around the globe.

I edit, therefore I am.

Sorry MrE, your track record for confirming stuff isn't up there in my book - no offence intended, but the whole Carhartt Cap fiasco speaks for itself.

As I've mentioned before, and for all the reasons I've listed before, my gut says Flyye but I am realistic in the thought that this may not be the case, especially as there is no official tie in with any brand, so anyone can claim its there's (As both Flyye and SOT have 'officially' done with this bag and its use in the Transformers movie... so, we will never be 100% sure until someone can get their hands on a screen used one.

If indeed you have had your hands on the screen used one, like you said about the cap, probably better to verify with pictures as confirmation.

• Lee JohnLee John Beautiful British Columbia Posts: 90MI6 Agent

I have an original SO Tech Go bag in black from 2007. I can take pictures if that would help clarify some details. Just let me know what you’re looking for.

Thanks @Lee John - essentially it’s this image (taken from someone else’s post) - the latest SOT bag has the 25mm quick release clip at the other end of the strap (I.e. closer to the bag proper), and the 50mm quick release buckle is now on the shoulder sling, not the pack. For reference it would be good to see the zipper pulls also. It does seem the old model is the same as the Flyye, but you images would confirm it, making it a 2 horse race, even though my money is on Flyye!

• @Cajun an TF108s are copies of OP Airmans, Flyye go bag is a copy of S.O.Tech, took awhile for people to figure which was used in QoS, turned out to be the copy TF108s, seems like a good comparison to me.

@Tennyson I was actually right about the carhartt cap. It's not my fault a lot of guys got their panties in a twist.

I actually know the exact business where the film team made their massive amount of purchases.

The bag is Flyye. But you believe whatever you want to.

That was issued to me in either 2007 or 2008, I can’t remember. I had one of the Molle slots rip which I wasn’t impressed with but it was getting tossed around a lot. Overall a pretty innovative design at the time, meant for a “grab and go” situation when ditching a vehicle. Used primarily for camera equipment and a small IFAK set up.

I did see that, but can't see where they have 'officially' claimed it - their movie page doesn't list it, neither does their social media, only one person on this forum with the name SOTECH, made the claim and never posted or replied again. Personally I don't see that as a credible source, but maybe I'm missing something!

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,449MI6 Agent

Perhaps @Remmert007 can weigh in on what convinced him to list the bag as a SO Tech.

Thanks Man, appreciate it - certainly the buckles are in the SA position, BUT, the buckles are the wrong type, not Mil-spec like the SA one. Sure, the company could have made these a batch to a contract order, which is highly likely as you identify yours as an issued bit of kit, not personal purchase, and they have used more basic zip pulls than those that have always been available on their commercial products, which would explain these variations.

However, even with these shortcuts taken into account to keep a contract price down, there is a difference still between yours and the Flyye, which isn't SA on your SOT, but is on the Flyye, which is that that on one of the zip flaps, SOT have sewn a strip of binding along the edge, where Flyye use the same fabric folded over (Self face), and the SOT method is actually more expensive/better quality, and consistent in their range... this is not on the SA or FLYYE one (although I cannot find my reference SA image).

@Tennyson I suppose it’s possible they modified the bags a bit as well. Very interesting.

edited March 2022

They modified everything else. Even Bonds belt. I’d take any information with a ‘suppliers confirmation’ with a hand of salt. They don’t know. Not the main suppliers or one of the four retailers the production used for the tactical/mil kit. They just have no idea. They bought more Vega holsters than any other single piece of kit, as well as a load of other holsters from one supplier, I know who they were, but that company have no idea they supplied a Bond film. Bulk and repeat orders are a regular thing from groups, film and TV production as well as clubs and reenactors. So selling six of one item to a single source is far from unusual and wouldn’t make them think it was automatically a major film. The same people supplied Batmans thigh holster for the new film. They don’t know that either.

I see what you’re saying now. I interpreted your post as a quality comparison vs your SA comparison. Got it.

So are the details of the bag purchases also privileged information? I imagine any secrecy has been relaxed now that the movie has been out for months. Do tell.

I edit, therefore I am.
    edited March 2022

It’s not privileged info. I’ve given the names of the suppliers used for the mil/tac kit a few times in the various ID threads. But it’s no use contacting them. As I said, they have no idea who they deal with. It’s not like EON ring them up and make an appointment. The whole process is far less interesting than that and may involve a few visits or repurchasing both in person and online once an item has been green stamped.

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    edited March 2022

@Remmert007 said on insta he based it on direct confirmation from them and S.O. Tech reiterated that from their verified account...so a bit more weight than a one post wonder which was the case here. They say they plan to do a special run of the bag.

Unclear if that means a reissue of the old version. A SA version including production mods - be interesting to know if they had one or were acquiring one from the production to match mods.

As ever in these situations I do hope it doesn't mean slapping the 007 logo on it, making additional non-sa mods for no reason and, of course, adding the Bond premium.

I’ve been trying hard to get to the bottom of this. And it’s going nowhere fast.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,449MI6 Agent
    edited March 2022

S.O. Tech has their "new" old bag up on their website. You snooze, you lose, Flyye.

https://sotechtactical.com/collections/featured/products/s-o-tech-go-bag

OK. We may be getting somewhere. Not sure where though. I know one of the fellas he says has one of the screen used ones, so I’ve reached out to him. But it’s been a while since I talked so my contact details may be out of date. I’ve asked if he can contact them too, but not sure how that will go.

Well played, SOTech, well played.

I'll still likely go for the updated version as it'll be for duty use as well.

I edit, therefore I am.

I think that’s quite conclusive, not SOT releasing the bag in a ‘00’ version, (that’s just marketing!) but the fact @Asp9mm ’s contact talks about the pain that is removing the side label… Flyye didn’t/didn’t have one sand never did from what I can see!

I edit, therefore I am.

The important thing to remember here is that regardless of who made the bloody thing, SOT have made a punt here claiming there's (and thats likely to be the case based on the latest information)

The 'User' SOTECH claimed they specifically supplied them to the production, but the text from ASP's man on the ground who was involved in the procurement of these items, it is far less definitive, confirming that they just went out and bought them from a regular store without any 'special arrangement' - We all know those special arrangements are made beforehand with major sponsors (Omega/Heineken) then major brands (Nepal etc), then some might realise the sales potential and get into bed with EON 'after the fact' (Conolly).

Even if SOT Marketing have gone to EON for confirmation only now due to demand, I can't see how EON could possibly confirm, because even if they still have the prop bag, there will be no labels and logos, and they would then have to clarify with someone who knew, and that would be ASP's contact, who clearly states he cannot remember!

Vega holsters have been used in what? All but one of Craig’s films (QoS). Never have they bought any holsters direct from Vega. All from odd sources, and all retail. For 60 years they never bought a gun from Walther directly. Those two companies have never been partners with Production. So it shows you that even major repetitive brands have no connection with Production directly, they just source or hire locally as and when needed.

It makes sense. Off-the shelf acquisition streamlines the purchasing process, especially when price isn't an issue. Not to mention it probably aids in preserving confidentiality.

I edit, therefore I am.
    edited March 2022

There seems to have been several sock puppet accounts made by a person that doesn’t want SOTech to be identified as the bag used in the film. I have no idea what their agenda is. It’s just bizarre behaviour whether benign or not. Said person seems to be pushing Flyye as the one used. All these sock puppet accounts have one thing in common. They say they have evidence from the supplier or have the product code. Some of these accounts have now been deleted. So anyone pushing for Flyye as the bag used in the film that also claims to have evidence needs to show it or do one. You’ve been rumbled.

Incidentally, looking at the Carhartt cap thread, the same thing seems to have gone on there too. The posts still exist under those threads, but some of the duplicate accounts have been deleted there too if you check. Makes interesting reading. No doubt these accounts will show up as ‘deleted user’ on other threads too. So if you are unaware, and have relied on information given by these users. Please check.

Weird people about folks. Beware.

As it stands right now. The bag HAS NOT been identified. But I’d go with Tennyson for any updates. He knows his onions and has no agenda except finding the bag used in NTTD.