Licence to Kill alternate scene

I already read a couple of times that there‘s a cut of the scene in which Bond kills the frogman with the speargun („compliments of sharkey“)……..that shows Bond laughing when he shoots the guy.

Does anybody have a link to that scene or at least a picture of it?

many thanks!

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)

Comments

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,930MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

dont know the answer August, but we havent seen you round for a while.

did you ever see the new film? what did you think?

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

Yes it's nice to see you August.

Here's the scene you mean I think, although I think there's some doubt as to its veracity:

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

I‘m always reading along, just don’t get involved too much as - under my impression - the general fandom circles way too much around what Daniel Craig is wearing. Probably a mid-life crises for some people going on there, but I‘m not judging… ;)

Now that the dust has settled on NTTD, I‘ve come to the same conclusion as with the last 3 Craig-Bonds….

Overall, the movie is somewhat entertaining and has some good scenes in it, but it‘s all too clear that MY Bond ended in 2002.

SPECTRE tried bringing back the majority of the classical Bond-elements (tried) only to have Bond have a daughter and die? Not my thing.

We followed this rookie agent since 2006 and see all of his struggles and then he doesn’t even have a happy ending.

After CR, the Bond-movies lacked their glamour, style & uniqueness.

That‘s why I so hope that Henry Cavill get‘s the part, be a nice mix of Dalton/Brosnan and bring the franchise back to form.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,930MI6 Agent

thanks @AugustWalker

I'm certainly not one of the clothing collector type fans, I'm a slob! but one way to balance out all the clothing threads (pun unintended) is to encourage more discussion actually about the films. Which is exactly what you've done, so good lad!

somebody recently bumped an earlier bond25 thread from before the title was even revealed, and there was a lot of speculation and wild guesses what the upcoming film would be about, There was a rumour it would be about human cloning, and you were one of the folks dreading that plot possibility. anyway, as I read that thread and recognised names from the past, I had wondered specifically what yourself and a couple others thought about the film when it finally came out, so I'm very glad to see you back in action.

• IcePakIcePak Perth, Western AustraliaPosts: 170MI6 Agent

Those are interesting scenes.

The music, although obviously a place holder, is completely inappropriate, especially during the scene between Bond and Lupe.

I think the scenes work well except for two things: Bond, although obviously angry, wouldn't call Lupe a slut. And he wouldn't laugh when he killed someone either. So, it's obvious why these scenes were cut.

1. CR 2. OHMSS 3. GE 4. OP 5. FYEO 6. TLD 7. FRwL
    8. TSWLM 9. TMwtGG 10. AVtaK 11. SF 12. TND 13. LtK 14. NTtD
    15. MR 16. LaLD 17. YOLT 18. GF 19. DN 20. SP 21. TWiNE
    22. TB 23. DAD 24. QoS 25. DaF
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent

There's a chance it's not real. There's something suspect about the shot with the laugh happening to be the one which is missing.