Six Degrees Of Sean Connery

124»

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,134MI6 Agent

Al Jolson was in Rose Of Washington Square with Tyrone Power, who was in Seven Waves Away with Laurence Naismith, who was in DAF with SC.

John Challis

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,235MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

Assuming TV shows are not a rule breaker John Challis was in Dr Who The Seeds of Doom with Tom Baker, who was in Dr Who Logopolis with Janet Fielding, who was in Dr Who Four to Doomsday with Philip Locke, who was in TB with Sean Connery.

Without using Wiki I'm not sure I can do this using only Challis' movie roles - I don't know of any!

So maybe John Challis - movies only...

I think TV series are fine @chrisno1 and you’re supposed to give the next person to solve…

I was hoping someone might try John Challis just using movies. I just checked it on Wiki - which feels like a cheat to me - and it is do able.

Challis was in Defence of the Realm with Denholm Eliot who was in Raiders... with Harrison Ford who was in IJ & the Last Crusade with Sean Connery.

Ah, so, maybe Sidney Toler

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,929MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

what happened to this swell game?

I had to look up Sidney Toler. Turns out he played Charlie Chan in 22 movies.

the 5th of which Charlie Chan's Murder Cruise (1940) featured Leo G. Carroll (Mr Waverly), from here it's easy! a least three ways I could count

Carroll made 3 films with Hitchcock and we've agreed Hitchcock counts via Marnie so thats one solution in three steps

one of those Hitchcock films is Spellbound, with Ingrid Bergman who was in Murder on the Orient Express, another solution also in three steps

yet another way is via the first Man from UNCLE movie To Trap a Spy, which featured Lucianna Paluzzi (Fiona Volpe), again in three steps

lets try Judy Garland

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,193Chief of Staff

Judy Garland was in "A Star Is Born" with James Mason, who was in "North Sea Hijack" with Roger Moore who was in several films with Lois Maxwell who was in several films (the names escape me) with Sean Connery.

Lee Marvin

Lee Marvin was in The Dirty Dozen with Telly Savalas who was in OHMSS with Bernard/Lois/Desmond who were in TB with Sean Connery.

Daniel Stern

@caractacus potts I thought that Sidney Toler one was going take some doing - all his movies were for the tiny 'quickie pictures' outfit Monogram, not mainstream by any stretch. Could you have managed it without Wiki though ?

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,929MI6 Agent

chrisno1 sez:

Could you have managed [Sidney Toler] without Wiki though ?

nope, even with the "ah, so" clue I had to look him up. with 22 films in the series I then assumed at least one of them had to have a familiar name, so I had to wiki all those too, and once I recognised Mr Waverly it was simple. Still, a series of 22 films about a detective is related to our Bond films, at least in format, youd think some Bond veteran wouldve been in one of those in his youth.

barbel sez:

Judy Garland was in "A Star Is Born" with James Mason, who was in "North Sea Hijack" with Roger Moore who was in several films with Lois Maxwell who was in several films (the names escape me) with Sean Connery.

very good! here's the path I was thinking: Garland made Easter Parade with Fred Astaire, who made Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn, who made Robin and Marian with our Sean. three handshakes either way. Course via Mason you could also jump straight to North by Northwest, and since we're accepting Hitchcock that'd've been two handshakes.