Started the “Be More Bond” Program today

Let myself go a bit during COVID and while I’ve been eating fairly healthy I haven’t been focusing on the fitness aspect nearly enough.

really nice to be able to do these workouts from home and requiring little equipment. Anybody else done it? What did you like/dislike? I know I’m pretty late to the party since NTTD is already out on Blu Ray but I’m motivated and hope I can push myself further than I thought possible!

Comments

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

I’ve debated on getting this too but I haven’t just yet. I wish you luck!

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,127MI6 Agent

Good luck with it @NoTimeForPie Just go for it @JTullock23 (the thinking about it, feels worse than doing it)

I started mine a few weeks ago. Just doing my own thing at home, but enjoying it so far.

One thing I've changed recently. I always used to work out to music, a selected playlist of my favourite adrenalin pumping songs, Bond soundtracks. But I now mix this up with Podcasts and YouTube videos, particularly Bond related. It really takes your mind off the grind of it and you've done 45 mins before you know it.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • That’s a great idea! I think I will do that once I memorize a few of the exercises a bit better since I like to make sure I am focusing on form and pop the clip on really quick after a set sometimes

• SadanoyamaSadanoyama Posts: 35MI6 Agent

Good luck mate! I started it at the end of October. I'm 52 and after five weeks of good exercise and eating was feeling the benefit. It works. Then I returned to the UK for Christmas (I live in Japan) and a mix of getting Covid, consistently damp weather and patchy diet has taken the edge off it a tad. Now I'm back in Japan (on day five of a six day hotel quarantine) and raring to really get back into it.

Because Japanese house construction is different/ delicate compared to Western homes some of the exercises were tricky, especially anything that involves doorframes or walls, neither of which exist in the same way in Japan. But overall I was impressed, and I'd be interested to hear how it goes for you. See you in the Double O section!

• Yeah I’ve had to adjust to some of the exercises too but I am confident I can make it work! What kind of regimen did you use that showed results?

I used his exercise schedule 5 on page 43, exercising 6 days a week substituting a long run for the swim on day four. I'm competent at cardio so for me the main thing is developing upper body strength, which was pretty much non existent before. As I said previously, doorframe exercises are out in Japan so I bought a couple of 5kg dumb bells to use for curls etc. I could definitely feel some muscle tone after four weeks at which point people in the office started commenting that I was looking sharp etc. which was a nice extra motivation / bonus.

I followed Sean's nutrition advice and ate very clean. I rarely drink booze nowadays but I drink about 8 litres of tap water a day and as Sean says this does help. I think the best thing about his program is his advice to always push it a little bit further every week. This has a great impact on one's morale to keep going and get stuck in. And this really helps strengthen your mental fortitude and resilience which of course has a positive effect on other areas of your life.

My physical gains have been gradual and modest compared to many. I work with some ultra fit guys who could definitely pass muster as Spectre assassins. But I have made steady progress and got stronger, faster and my fine mental edge is better than ever. So I think it was twenty quid well spent. Of course, it would be nice to have a DB5 or an exploding attache case but those things are just peripheral to what Bond is really about. Instead, I'm looking forward to the day when I can stealthily crawl down the inside of a volcano cone using only my wits, raw strength and a selection of sink plungers.

• Haha wow! Thanks for the detailed response. I need to use the dumbbells for curls instead of the towel method which I find doesn’t work too well for me. Yeah I’m expecting to see some results after about a month combined with eating clean and drinking a ton of water too! No booze or overly sugary drinks/foods for as long as I can do it and as you said, it helps strengthen your discipline when you really attack the program and throw yourself into it. I’m starting out with 4 days a week. Grateful today is a “rest” day bc as expected the first few days got me pretty sore but tomorrow is back to it again so let’s keep it going!

i take your volcano cone lair aspiration and I raise you simply the chase in Madagascar in CR. The amount of climbing, running, fighting he does tired me out just watching it 😂

Totally agree mate. The Madagascar chase is the ultimate combo plate of testosterone mayhem. May take a while to reach that level. But hey, all progress is relative. And, without wishing to sound big-headed, I feel that with a few more weeks training I'll definitely be up to the physical demands of Roger Moore's gondola ride in Moonraker.

• Well that is quite the progression then! Maybe eventually I’ll be able to have a duel hanging onto a cargo net dangling out of a plane like Living Daylights