I've found the location of Madeleine's cabin.

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,788MI6 Agent
edited November 2022 in No Time To Die (Bond 25)

After freeze-framing Bond's phone and consulting a couple of maps I have a fix on Madeleine's cabin. It may not matter to many exept me, but unfortunately I have the ability to post and make threads here. 😁

It's by Gådalsvatnet (Gådal lake) in Eide municipality in my favourte county Møre and Romsdal. It's roughly 470 km from where the actual scene was shot, but that's movie magic. There's actually a small road going there and I belive this is a photo of the lake:

Here is an image from a map to compare to the map in the movie. I'm having problems linking to the right section of an electronic map, but type "Gådalsvatnet" in the search field of a good map and zoom out until you match Bond's map and you should be able to match the two.

Here's an old fashioned map of the area.

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,788MI6 Agent
    edited February 2022

In related news the entrance to Ørlandet air force base where Bond and Nomi catches a plane is actually marked with signs in Norwegian and the guards actually look like military police in Norwegian uniforms, but I don't know where it's shot. The movie matches pretty well with the real base, including the light.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,290Chief of Staff

That's real detective work in finding the cabin's location. Number 22 Frozen Lake Lane, isn't it? 😁

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,557Chief of Staff

The actual filming was shot at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire.

YNWA 97
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,788MI6 Agent

Thanks, Barble. And thanks Sir Miles for your detective work. It looks like they managed to match Brize Norton with Ørlandet pretty well.