Early trailers- some points

BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
edited February 2022 in The James Bond Films

I've been watching Calvin Dyson's series reviewing the Bond trailers, which he's been covering in reverse order, and I thought some points were worth mentioning.

There are a few alternate takes- such as the Bond/Tatania hotel bedroom scene from FRWL.

We are given the opportunity to hear the original voice of the actor or actress before they are dubbed. Eunice Gayson (Sylvia Trench) and Gert Frobe (partially) are the most obvious.

There's an unusual version of the Theme in the FRWL trailer.

And no doubt more.

Edit: And it's also fun to see how trailers were back in the '60s. These are available on various editions of the films, but for convenience-

Dr. No Official Trailer #1 - Sean Connery Movie (1962) HD - YouTube

From Russia With Love (1963) Official Trailer - Sean Connery James Bond Movie HD - YouTube

Goldfinger Official Trailer #1 - Sean Connery Movie (1964) HD - YouTube

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

It’s great to see these again, Barbel, thank for posting the links. It was the TB trailer that I remember most - I was 9 and was so excited in anticipation of seeing the movie that couldn’t sleep the night before I saw it! I hope you post the link soon 🙂

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

Thank you, Barbel, it’s made me want to watch it again very soon!

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,906MI6 Agent

that Dr No trailer pretty much spoils every scene in the film in three and half minutes

if your teacher assigned you to watch the film and write a report, and you couldnt be bothered, you could always just watch this trailer and itd give you all the info needed to get a passing mark.

"Honey, from our very first meeting, was everything her name implied, she clung to me like a wet bathing suit!" Wow, don't think I've heard that line before!