Liam Neeson's jacket from Blacklight

RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

Anyone know this jacket? Looks like it could be barbour but can't tell....

Comments

• Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    edited March 2022

I wouldn't be surprised if we never know, much like the Taken coat. I try to make myself feel better about this by telling myself that it's not the jacket that looks good- Neeson just makes any jacket look good. ;)

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent
    edited March 2022

He always looks cool and wears those jackets so well.

In the pictures it looks like the jacket in the second picture might be different, the dark (corduroy?) around the inside collar and trim seems to be missing, but might just be a trick of the light. Also, the waist pockets don't seem to be bellowed and are missing the button(s).

Looks like a Barbour of sorts, but after a quick search, I haven't been able to identify. That style of jacket is pretty popular now though and a number of companies make this type/style of jacket. I'm sure it's out there somewhere...

Anybody seen the film? I noticed it came out last month to 'indifferent' reviews. Seems to have passed me by and it wasn't showing at my local cinema in the UK.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

the movie was mediocre, weak plot but it was an okay watch....

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,743MI6 Agent
    edited March 2022

Neeson's made a very successful second career pretty much playing the same grizzled badass from Taken in every film.

But credit where credit is due, the guy is 70 and he's still a very convincing badass on screen.

It's too bad he doesn't get something a little better to do as he's a very good actor (Taken was great but most of his subsequent films were kind of meh) but no shame in the guy making a good living.

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent

Liam Neeson is awesome in everything he's in, although most of his characters or carbon copies of his Taken character, but prop to him for being 70 and still kicking ass