Help - Barbour Graham vs Covert vs White Label

Hello!

Would love it if someone could breakdown the differences between the three Barbour Cuba jackets - Graham, Covert, and White Label. I’ve found the least amount of information on the latest Barbour White Label X Engineered Garments Waxed-Cotton Jacket. This one seems to be the closest to the screen accurate Graham. Any information would be helpful as I debate to either purchase the Covert or the White Label. The White Label seems to be the better route since it’s waxed. Please let me know!

Thanks!

Comments

• CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent

I don’t have firsthand experience with all three. I can tell you the only visual difference to me between the Graham and Covert is the collar snap.

I purchased the Covert from End Clothing (which still has them on sale for $229), and it is lightly waxed. Don’t forget to size down for a more tailored fit. I usually wear Medium and purchased a Small.

I edit, therefore I am.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    edited April 2022

Also…….

Covert is a different colour / shade of blue then the Graham

Covert also has a less chunkier Zipper pull and Zip

Covert also has a slimmer fit

My SA Graham is a white Label X Engineered. I dont think there is a another navy version apart from the washed (non SA) and Covert

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • DblOJoeDblOJoe Posts: 67MI6 Agent

Thanks for the initial feedback! No details on the White Label one though? This still seems to be the most accurate to the original. Here is the link on Mr Porter.

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/product/barbour-white-label/clothing/lightweight-waterproof-jackets/plus-engineered-garments-waxed-cotton-jacket/46128359902958760

edited April 2022

Think thats just the Covert

I have both Covert and Original SA Graham. Both have the same engineered label

Check my instagram (link below). I have a comparison about 6 posts back

Thanks! The covert isn't associated with the White Label though, no? JBlifestyle also called it out as different, but he didn't have anything written up about the differences.

All I know is that my Original Graham has the same Engineered Garments NYC label as my Covert. The one you linked to on Porter looks identical to my Covert

• RichardCard82RichardCard82 Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    edited April 2022

If anyone is interested I have a Covert in medium for sale, hit me up

brand new with tags

• paulmaxwpaulmaxw Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    edited April 2022

Hi! I´ve seen that both Flannels and Endclothing are selling the covert jacket. They´re both labelling it as "Barbour Covert Jacket" and to me they look very similar except for the neck label. Are these still the same? If not, what´s the difference?

Hi All - After some persistent sleuthing I can confirm that the White Label jacket being offered on Mr Porter (HERE) is falsely represented. I spoke with both Barbour International as well as Mr Porter customer service. Barbour had zero clue as to what jacket was being listed after Mr Porter mentioned that it was made exclusively for them. After additional inquiries, Mr Porter took pictures of the tags of the jacket in their warehouse and sent them to me. As to my suspicion, there is nothing unique about this jacket and being called White Label and it is just the COVERT jacket after all (see photos that were provided to me). I am trying to get Mr Porter to update the listing to ensure its accurate. The price is also represented at $500 USD, which is double that of the same jacket that is on sale everywhere else. I had a glimmer of a hope that Mr Porter was selling the original Graham jacket and just were not aware given the listing details. Alas, I was wrong and revealed a different scenario. Any who, thoughts I would do everyone a solid by debunking the mystery.

Yup. Thought that was the case. Crazy price

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

Just to clarify, for anyone reading through this thread - the Covert is not waxed. It has a special coating, but it's definitely not a waxed jacket. Not looking at mine right now, but I believe the label says you can wash it.. a waxed jacket cannot be washed without totally ruining the jacket.

Would not recommend washing it - ruined one already lol

• MyselfMyself Posts: 64MI6 Agent

For those of you which have the Covert jacket and sized down from L to S or M to XS have you any issue with the sleeve length?

Thanks for your advice.

I bought a M and normally wear a L in everything I own. No issues with sleeve length and I tend to run on the longer arm side. Also, for the comments above about the waxing. Barbour International confirmed for me over email that the MCA0749-NY71 model is waxed (same jacket on END Clothing). However, there is no label on the interior of my jacket. Just on the back of the neck line where it say ENGINEERED GARMENTS, etc. When you rub the jacket between your fingers I definitely get a waxy film on my digits so I want to believe this is in fact waxed. I would not reccomend washing it and there are no care details stating if it can or can not. Just my two cents.

• ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent

My one has an instruction label inside one of the front pockets.

Yes. Considerably!

Ah you are correct! Just checked the inside of the jacket pockets and saw it. The tag says OUTER - WASH SEPARATELY. No idea how that is possible than maybe implying to spot clean the exterior of the jacket since its all one piece and cannot be separated.

• Max123Max123 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    edited May 2022

Does anyone know if the covert jacket is still available anywhere in size xs?