Her Majesty's DBS: Final Paint Video

Hello Everyone,

Here is the latest and final video from Linear Blocking Tools and Customs.

I must say that I am thoroughly chuffed, and even a bit puffed this weekend.

She is everything that I have ever wanted her to be, after 50 years of loving, watching, and studying OHMSS.

Your dreams can come true, and with patience and loads of planning, hard work, and a spot of luck, my dream is now in lovely Olive.

It was of paramount importance that I formed a relationship with my painter, and the trip to freezing Wisconsin last week built a successful cooperation with Colten Davidson. We watched some scenes of OHMSS together, and got him in the muse, so to speak. I had sent numerous 8x10 glossy photos of various DBS cars and details, but there is no substitute for face to face meetings. I can say that being just a middle class chap has its advantages in a project such as this, as I am forced to be present with every aspect of the project, and vendor. I simply don't have the luxury of writing a check and waiting for the results. I can tell you that I enjoy something that I had my grubby hands on much more than a passive relationship to the project.

Well, hope you enjoy the video, and please notice the undercarriage work now that it is visible. I replicated Aston Martin's original finish, with rather inconsistent undercoating, patchy in some areas, heavier in others, with the Red Oxide under-primer peeking through, especially in the front square tubing sections.

She is South San Francisco bound next Saturday.

Thank you all for the replies and words of encouragement.

Cheers, Tom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvUkoNoMHIk

Comments

• Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent

Thank you,

That's what I said at 9 years old when I first saw her peeling out on tat windy road in Portugal on film.

Thank you for the kind comment,

Tom

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent

Shotgun!

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org

Haha, Minigeff,

Riding "Shotgun" in the DBS means that you are on the LH side, with an AR-7 sniper rifle with scope and prop silencer in the glovebox in front of you.

Brings new meaning to that term...

Cheers, Tom

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent
    edited April 2022

Fascinating stuff Tom and great video. Thanks again for keeping us updated.

I know it may not be in the spirit of originality, but are you going to apply PPF? Just the thought of stone chips and other crap out on the road blemishing that stunning original paintwork you've worked so hard to create😫

P.S. If Minigeff's called Shotgun, I'm calling rear gunner😊

"Any of the opposition around..?"

That's always tempting to do the new ceramic coats, etc.

The problem with those is that if you ever need to repair, they are a pain to remove, and eat up materials. You gave an accurate description of the road conditions, especially here in the broke SF Bay Area. However, I can fix whatever happens, knock wood that it won't. Most of the damage happens on our freeways- stone chips, etc. I plan to drive on some back roads to mitigate the rocks, debris, etc. Of course, the idiot in the Prius is always a hazard no matter where you are...

Cheer, Tom