How would you feel about past Bond actors playing new role in 26? "NTTD spoilers enclosed'

John from CorkJohn from Cork Posts: 111MI6 Agent
edited April 2022 in Bond 26

We never thought we'd see the day that Bond would die or that they'd reuse/recycle all the time in the world so how would you feel if DC played the villain in Bond 26 or if George Lazenby played Q ?

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent

No thank you. That's just stunt casting, but worst of all it would encourage the "code name" theory crowd.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

I agree with Number24, and add that it would distract attention away from whoever is the new Bond.

• RevelatorRevelator Posts: 558MI6 Agent

I'm generally opposed to the idea but would make one exception: I wouldn't mind seeing Dalton play a villain. Three reasons why: (1) He'd be very good at it. (2) He deserves to appear in more than two Bond films. (3) It's a new continuity, so anything goes.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    edited April 2022

I think new movies will reference the old movies indirectly in the sense that we may see places, objects, lines and situations that remind us of the old movies. Maybe we'll see aircraft like Little Nellie, Bahamas used as a location, hear "We have a saying too, and you're full of it" again etc.

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent

No way.