SKYFALL GPS Tracker look-a-like Prop

pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent

I'd like to canvas you guys to gauge interest in the SKYFALL GPS Tracker Radio look a like static Prop I've developed. It started out as a personal item I wanted to make for my own collection given you can't get these. I'm told the internal workings of the original make this a virtual non starter as far as a mass producing a genuine working copy is concerned. The cost to develop this and make it would have cost me the same whether I made one or 45 so I decided to make a run of 45 blanks. After CNC cutting the rest is finished by hand, which in itself is time consuming, not to mention the number of hours and re runs to achieve the rough dimensions to mirror the original. I've run a test batch of 5 for myself, that need some refining, but before deciding whether or not to continue further I'd like to gauge if there is any interest. At this stage I'm still waiting for the final costs to come in so can't give a price at the moment. Its not my intention to profit from this but just to recover my costs. But first I'd like to know A) is there interest and B) which design would you choose. One will be less costly than the other.

Pic 2 is a basic unit as seen when Q hands the unit to Bond and as seen in the gun case. Only moving part is the slider switch. In Pic 1 a fixed antenna is attached and a working LED fitted that will require a 3v button battery (not supplied) taped to the rear. These are only meant for static display, no moving parts except the slider switch. I anticipate making some available by the end of May. I'll post here if there is interest. I appreciate not knowing how much these will be at this stage may be relevant but for now I'd just like to gauge interest and whether you would choose A or B. Link to short video https://youtu.be/5hR0necycLU

Comments

• Danny WildeDanny Wilde Posts: 20MI6 Agent

Hello can you put me on your list please I'm happy with both designs

• texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,346MI6 Agent

Looking good - I am interested. Thanks

• Tato007Tato007 France Posts: 369MI6 Agent

I’m interested, but I don’t know if I prefer the model A or B πŸ˜…

• pwalsh9012pwalsh9012 UKPosts: 189MI6 Agent

I'm getting a number of messages showing interest, and I note the interest above. Will keep you posted. Thanks all.

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent

Looking good! It’s definitely a challenge to make these πŸ‘

'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit Γ  la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,844MI6 Agent

That looks great, Paul!!! Put me on the list!!!  --Ed

Thanks mate, appreciate your kind comments. Just wish I had the correct measurements prior to going to machining but I'm not far off, for now. Did you make the working 6...I was hibernating for 3 years lol.

UPDATE: based on some constructive feedback I've now added the antenna top to the units. The job just got harder... πŸ˜„

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Looks great, definitely interested in one of these when you compile your list, cheers.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

Cheers matey appreciate it. Please send me a message it'll be easier to trace people on a first come basis when I go live.

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Will do!

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    edited May 2022

Price update. I've now received the invoice for the design, CNC cutting, 3D printing, additional parts such as LED and brass, detailing and hand finishing. So for the basic looking prop seen in pic 2 above the cost per unit is £40.00 plus postage. Once they are gone they are gone. Remember they are look alike props for display only. If you want to order one please message me. Those who have already messaged me, I'll be in touch. Shipping will begin towards the end of the month as I'll be on holiday next week.

• B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

I would be interested in one of each please. They look fantastic.

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

• Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent

Hello. I’d like one if that’d be okay please?

"NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming

Can you message me please so I can keep track of orders and I'll give you instructions on how to order. Cheers.

Paul.

Can you message me please so I can keep track of orders and I'll give you instructions on how to order. Cheers.

Paul

Just a reminder folks I'm on holiday from tomorrow 13th May to Friday 20th May. My access to email will be very limited so if you send me a message and don't hear back you'll know why. Remember if you are interested in a unit please message me. All orders will be processed on my return.

Paul.

I'm now back from my holiday and will go through the messages people have sent me over the weekend, so please bare with me. For those who have already paid for a Tracker, these will be sent out on Monday as promised.

To all those who purchased one of the Skyfall Trackers thank you. I hope you are pleased with the item. I'm overwhelmed by the positive feedback I've received. It filled a gap and I hope you all appreciate the efforts that went into each and everyone that was hand made. As I mentioned in the beginning there would only be a limited number available. I am deliberately holding back the final 10 which means you will have 1of only 25 distributed.

• loader10569loader10569 Posts: 49MI6 Agent

Arrived today, very fast delivery and looks great, will add to my collection nicely

• B549WUUB549WUU Posts: 196MI6 Agent

Received mine and think its a brilliant piece of work - thank you for sharing!

Her Majesty’s loyal terrier, defender of the so called faith.

Thanks Guys πŸ‘οΈ