Daniel Craig's Sunglasses

Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent

This lot from the Prop Store memorabilia auction later this month intrigues me. I love this pair of shades. Comes with a COA.

How many pairs do you think were lent to the production?

Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!

Comments

• AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent

I recall allegedly screen-used (& worn by DC) Tom Ford 108‘s pop up every single year in a big live auction….so they must‘ve shipped 200 pairs to production and DC had a busy afternoon putting them all on… :D

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited June 2022

There were loads as sunglasses are easily damaged and get makeup and fingerprints on them. Makeup is a nightmare to clean off as it smears and needs a solvent to remove it, which requires time. It’s easier to hand the actor another pair of clean glasses than it is to stop the shoot and clean them. I think SKYFALL had around 25-30 pairs on hand, and you hardly see them. So QoS must have had much more. But you can tell easily if the glasses were used during production as the makeup that gets into the inside edges of the frame around the lens near the nose, the arms and nose pads goes quite hard over time and is really difficult to move. On all the screen used ones I’ve seen, the nose pads are discoloured quite badly due to the make up. The Quantum ones are even worse due to the sun tan lotion Craig was constantly using. That stained them permanently. So I guess they must have bought an absolute shed load of the QoS TF‘s for that film because of that issue.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............