Coronavirus

Comments

• 00730073 COPPosts: 977MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I see the situation in Oslo as serious, but not out of control. All the districts of the capital have more than 20 infected per 100 000 inhabitants and threee districts have more than 100 infected per 100 000 people. But the number of new cases has dropped by a third since Thursday to Sunday from 68 to 22. Compared to many other countries and cities this is mild.

Seems to be going in better direction. Finland had yesterday 66 new registered cases. Greater Helsinki area is now at 19,3/100K where as in the central Finland, Jyväskylä area it's 41,9/100K.
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I loved how Dr. Fauci gave Rand Paul a well deserved spanking yesterday!
    You‘d better get your facts straight before criticizing Dr. Fauci ;)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Dr. Fauci gave Rand Paul

Dr. Fauchi for president! :D

Joking aside: the US is very fortunate to have Dr. Fauchi in this difficult time.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/09/23/revealed-sir-patrick-vallance-has-600000-shareholding-firm-contracted/

Revealed: Sir Patrick Vallance has £600,000 shareholding in firm contracted to develop vaccines :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    I was mightily annoyed to find the toilet roll aisle at my local supermarket complete stripped of all stock yesterday.. Seriously..!! X-(
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    I wonder if any of the members here or their families are infected by Covid-19? I hope not, and if they are ill I wish them a speedy recovery :)
    What is all the panic over toilet rolls ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Yes ... how exactly do they think the infection spreads? :o
  • The Spy Who Never DiesThe Spy Who Never Dies UKPosts: 644MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

Yes ... how exactly do they think the infection spreads? :o

When we first had the panic shopping back in March, our local Tesco ran out of washing up liquid! Not a bottle to be found!
    What are British people doing with all that washing up liquid and toilet paper ?
    I feel a conspiracy or constipation coming on ;)
    Flour was like gold dust too. Smaller shops were putting the prices up for flour and some were overcharging for toilet rolls.

And what does toilet roll, washing up liquid and flour make?? Paper mache :)) :))

Should we be worried?
    The ultimate horror an amateur Arts and Crafts fair ;)
    No Amateur fair me thinks! Amateurs (like me) use old newspapers and tap water with cheap flour.

Maybe it is a conspiracy and they are making masks, so when our regular ones run out, we will be forced to buy up market paper mache ones :))
    In a shop today I saw a lady wearing one of those face shields on a pair of glasses frames, as
    she talked to the sales guy she pushed the frames on top of her head, so turning her Mask in
    to a Hat ..... Yes, That's going to be effective I thought. :D
    :)) :)) :))

I'm so glad I wasn't drinking when I read that! It wouldn't have been pretty :)) Oh dear, my sides ache!
    The ultimate horror an amateur Arts and Crafts fair ;)

Maybe they are Bond fans, and they intend to play act the carnival scene from Moonraker!
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    Donald Trump has announced that he‘s caught the flu

I hope it isn't Covid-19, but ifit is I expect he'll learn what Bolsonaro in Brazil did when he caught it - nothing at all.
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I hope it isn't Covid-19, but ifit is I expect he'll learn what Bolsonaro in Brazil did when he caught it - nothing at all.
    a trend set by Britain! 8-)
    I just read Donald Trump and the first lady are infected by Covid-19. I wish them both a speedy recovery.
    Hopefully Both President Trump and the First Lady will will make a speedy recovery, and that
    all AJBers can stay safe too.
    Number24 wrote:
    do you have any sources when you say there won't be any vaccine for at least 18 months?
    The statements I've seen from experts say a vaccine is axpected some time this winter. of course that's when it becomes awailabe, it will take time producing and distributing the vaccine.

That depends pretty much on what we are talking about here: are we talking about identifying a suitable molecule and completing clinical trials on the safety and efficacy, planning and start of production or distribution to the wider populace? If last, even with the most optimistic time frame; we're talking summer -21 here.

So 18 mo to-go, is not that unrealistic. Even though WH just blocked the FDA safety guidelines on vaccine emergency approval. The guidelines would have required the test subjects to go through 8 week monitoring period after the last taken shot in the trial.

The administration is clearly grasping at straws to get an announcement of break through before election.

EDIT: I put this here, it was originally in the B25 Spoiler news.
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    Almost every estimate I've seen says the first half of 2020 for start of large scale prosuction, but a vaccine for everyone who wants it is obviously further into the future.
    Number24 wrote:
    Almost every estimate I've seen says the first half of 2020 for start of large scale prosuction, but a vaccine for everyone who wants it is obviously further into the future.

I think you meant to say "first half of 2021".... Otherwise I'll start to suspect you have been having chats with "Donny" :)) :)) :))
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    No! I never mistype ... ever. That's why I never correct my own posts :))
    Number24 wrote:
    No! I never mistype ... ever. That's why I never correct my own posts :))

Is that so? Then pray tell what is "prosuction"? Or should it be "Pro-suction" - something that Stormy D. provided Donny T. with.... allegedly... :p
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    It wasn't "prosecution" :D
    you really can‘t make this up.....

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/trump-defeats-covid.htm

HISTORIC MOMENTS IN HISTORY COIN: PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP DEFEATS COVID WITH ICONS OF HIS ENTIRE FIRST TERM! LIMITED EDITION, GIANNINI SERIES AS SEEN WORLDWIDE, EDGE NUMBERED EDITION, PRE-ORDER SHIPS NOV 14, 2020

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    https://gbdeclaration.org/
    The Great Barrington Declaration ( Just posting as a point of interest )
This discussion has been closed.