NTTD Official Music Video Release!! (Possible Spoilers)

JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
What did everyone thinks? I like what appears to be some new shots/scene footage. Did anything stick out to you all?
"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

Comments

• BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    This bit right here (https://i.imgur.com/j43mMTB.png), my god. I need to see this film right now.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    it has a really depressed mood and I like that, I think this is a very interesting colour in a Bond-Movie. The action-sequences feel a bit out of place in my eyes (I have to admit that they need to put those sequences in it because of marketing) but the scenes with Bond and Madeleine to that titlesong? just great! beside of that it was a good choice to go for black and white / pale colours
    the song seems to perfectly capture the mood of the film, the faded love, disappointment...
    first time I feel sorry for Bond, would say this is intenionally and thats a great decision from the producers, ah need to see that movie in a theatre
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    BlindManBaldwin, I will check what you posted when I am not at work. I am not allowed to access that whilst at work.

I love the input Noi. I think the color of the music video seems intentional. I mean, of course they made it how they wanted, but I think you hit the mark on capturing the mood. I too feel sorry for Bond. I hope, in the end, that changes.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
    JTullock23 wrote:
    BlindManBaldwin, I will check what you posted when I am not at work. I am not allowed to access that whilst at work.

I love the input Noi. I think the color of the music video seems intentional. I mean, of course they made it how they wanted, but I think you hit the mark on capturing the mood. I too feel sorry for Bond. I hope, in the end, that changes.

Yeah, the coloring is very atmospheric and moody. Depressing. Very dark — I figure this is what the film will begin as, dark. Then crescendo up to light in the end.
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    This bit right here (https://i.imgur.com/j43mMTB.png), my god. I need to see this film right now.
    ditto
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Loved this bit, Madeleine terrified as the Aston gets shot up while Bond is naturally calm and cool.
    8-A48-AD5-D-195-E-459-E-A17-C-87-A17-DEB9-FFC-1.jpg
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    All signs are NTTD will be one of those movies that stays with you for life.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    I think the music video looks great and the song sounds great! I can' t wait to experience the title sequence at the cinema together with the rest of the movie :007)
    All signs are NTTD will be one of those movies that stays with you for life.

I could have my egg on my face next month, but based on what we know and what we've seen I have a sneaking suspicion NTTD will end up being my favorite Bond and just one of my favorite pictures ever.
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    Nice to finally see the video so long after the release of the song. I'd imagine it was filmed towards the beginning of the year but its release was delayed along with that of the film.

The new shots are interesting, and I am now even more intrigued by the Bond-Swann storyline in this film...it looks like it is shaping up nicely.
  • MarkOOMarkMarkOOMark Posts: 91MI6 Agent
    Love it!... Great video and I think the song is superb. I hadn't listened to it for months, and coming back to it today I think it sounds very dark and moody and sets the vibe for the film really well. I think this is going to be a dark and lush Bond and a great finale for DC.... I have everything crossed that this may eclipse CR as my best Bond ever.

Just a pity I may not get to see it for a long while if it's a theatre only release.
  • You Know My Name007You Know My Name007 Posts: 91MI6 Agent
    this is going to be one moody dark bad bond film cant wait
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    on my face next month, but based on what we know and what we've seen I have a sneaking suspicion NTTD will end up being my favorite Bond and just one of my favorite pictures ever.

ye the film definitely has the potential to do so, the Craig era already stands out cinematographically but this film seems to top these level again. I also think that Bond films do not have to reproduce themselves in all things and take the risk of stagnating, in addition to the emotional vulnerability of Bond, I also welcome characters like Nomi (of course you have to see the finished film first) but I generally welcome such fresh ideas. dealing with this kind of things makes Bond even more masculine in my eyes

Craig's Bond has saved and brought the film character into the 21st century. In retrospect and in terms of film history that will be the great merit of Craig and the reason for this, among other things, is the exploration of the tragic and dark side of Bond which NTTD seems to focuses on.
    if I remember correctly Eilish wrote the melancholic ballade after she saw the movie which gives me hope that the producers have really focused on the tragic side of the character(s), dark and moody atmosphere can be very beautiful, see the Eilish song.
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,965MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    I like the video a lot and the song has grown on me. The video gives Billie Eilish a look like a young Lea Seydoux, juxtaposing their images. This works well with an emo-friendly theme left over from SP: Madeleine's troubled past and issues with older men (her criminal father, Mr White, and her lover, Bond). Given the video's association with a postponed movie, it's reassuring that Billie's/ Lea's coalescent persona seems to call back to what is already known about Madeleine's characterisation, as well as trailing what's still to come...
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.