No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• 0000 Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    That was suppose to have a thumbs up emoji
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I'm sitting on like five different types Barbour baseball caps right now so that really hit home. Especially as I'm not convinced any of them is the correct model.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    I'm sitting on like five different types Barbour baseball caps right now so that really hit home. Especially as I'm not convinced any of them is the correct model.

Funny you should say that!

I bought the navy waxed cotton Barbour cap from Nordstrom in the US and from END in the UK, and there are subtle differences! The UK version is fully lined with Tartan and the profile seems closer to what Craig is wearing. But as you say, who knows? Both versions match the Graham nicely and I think that might be a key factor.

This also proves I am not immune from this particular obsession.
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

I bought the navy waxed cotton Barbour cap from Nordstrom in the US and from END in the UK, and there are subtle differences! The UK version is fully lined with Tartan and the profile seems closer to what Craig is wearing. But as you say, who knows? Both versions match the Graham nicely and I think that might be a key factor.

Can I ask how do Barbour baseball caps wear? I really want to give them a go, but my experience with waxed garments has made me skeptical of waxed cotton hat. When the mercury creeps up I find that waxed material makes me all clammy on my sleeves and body. Would a waxed baseball cap do the same to my noggin'?
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:

the backs all look wrong, don't they!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

I feel partially responsible for your cap obsessions by initially suggesting Barbour after we first saw casual sailor Bond in that trailer...my sincerest apologies :))
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    just out of curiosity and i apologise if already covered do we know if any what cufflinks DG wears in No time to die
    frommeyer wrote:

Honestly the picture is so blurry I’m not sure what it shows, a fastener, a shadow, his Croakies tucked up there, or something added by costuming to keep the cap on Craig’s head when filming.

I’m just going by Occam’s razor. Barbour said they supplied a couple of items. The cap and the jacket match up wonderfully. It has the profile of the Barbour cap. Odds are, it’s the Barbour cap.

But if not I have a couple of useful all weather caps (my dad doesn’t know he’s getting one for Christmas).
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

Can I ask how do Barbour baseball caps wear? I really want to give them a go, but my experience with waxed garments has made me skeptical of waxed cotton hat. When the mercury creeps up I find that waxed material makes me all clammy on my sleeves and body. Would a waxed baseball cap do the same to my noggin'?

The cap doesn’t feel any different to me, but it’s not really made to wear when it’s hot since it doesn’t breathe. It’s foul weather gear.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    just out of curiosity and i apologise if already covered do we know if any what cufflinks DG wears in No time to die

From what we've seen so far, he only wears shirts with cocktail (TF) or button cuffs (BC in Matera). Unless there's some other shirt, this time no cufflinks
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    Yet another piece to add to the collection. After a very stressful research finally i've managed to find Q's shirt in MI6 scenes and character poster.
    It's the YMC London 'Celso Check Dean' shirt in blue. Firstly seen on 2019 collection, this checked shirt is - as one would presume - not available anymore.
    The shirt is described as " This Dean Shirt from You Must Create features an attractive celso multi check fabric that has been woven in Italy. It has a button down collar, single chest pocket and corozo buttons together with a gentle curved hem. It is a regular fit."

56% viscose, 22% cotton, 22% polyester
    Multi check fabric woven in Italy
    Button down collar
    Single chest pocket
    Corozo buttons

Retail price for 198 euros (here's a link via Farfetch in case it comes back in stock: https://modesens.com/product/ymc-you-must-create-ymc-celso-check-dean-hemd-blau-blue-12387282/)

YMC-Celso-check-Dean-shirt.png
    BOND-Watermarked-Gallery-Portrait-0011-1-Optimised-1296x1920-blk-wht-TT-NTTD-BEN-1000x1451-1.jpg
    vlcsnap-2020-09-01-18h41m58s652.png

Also worth noticing that Daniel Craig himself wore some time ago a YMC shearling coat while in New York (courtesy of @whatsdaniel wearing: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_C3larJF5i/)

93059645-218892289367179-2623121994783488688-n.jpg
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Yet another piece to add to the collection. After a very stressful research finally i've managed to find Q's shirt in MI6 scenes and character poster.
    It's the YMC London 'Celso Check Dean' shirt in blue. Firstly seen on 2019 collection, this checked shirt is - as one would presume - not available anymore.
    The shirt is described as " This Dean Shirt from You Must Create features an attractive celso multi check fabric that has been woven in Italy. It has a button down collar, single chest pocket and corozo buttons together with a gentle curved hem. It is a regular fit."

56% viscose, 22% cotton, 22% polyester
    Multi check fabric woven in Italy
    Button down collar
    Single chest pocket
    Corozo buttons

Retail price for 198 euros (here's a link via Farfetch in case it comes back in stock: https://modesens.com/product/ymc-you-must-create-ymc-celso-check-dean-hemd-blau-blue-12387282/)

YMC-Celso-check-Dean-shirt.png
    BOND-Watermarked-Gallery-Portrait-0011-1-Optimised-1296x1920-blk-wht-TT-NTTD-BEN-1000x1451-1.jpg
    vlcsnap-2020-09-01-18h41m58s652.png

Also worth noticing that Daniel Craig himself wore some time ago a YMC shearling coat while in New York (courtesy of @whatsdaniel wearing: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_C3larJF5i/)

93059645-218892289367179-2623121994783488688-n.jpg

While Q's style is a bit "flamboyant" for my tastes, I love that you're finding this info. It would be interesting to hear from Suttirat (sp?) how these decisions were made for characters beside Bond.
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

Honestly the picture is so blurry I’m not sure what it shows, a fastener, a shadow, his Croakies tucked up there, or something added by costuming to keep the cap on Craig’s head when filming.

I’m just going by Occam’s razor. Barbour said they supplied a couple of items. The cap and the jacket match up wonderfully. It has the profile of the Barbour cap. Odds are, it’s the Barbour cap.

But if not I have a couple of useful all weather caps (my dad doesn’t know he’s getting one for Christmas).

I have the same take. The hat(s) match the jacket so perfectly it's hard to dismiss them despite the problematic back strap. That split second of movement isn't enough to say one way or another.
    If anyone is interested in the same pattern but in a jacket there is this. Size Large available

https://www.article-london.com/products/ymc-bowie-zip-shirt-blue

7075-EEE2-CC99-492-C-B5-C2-E801-FD69-F91-F.png

I don’t care much for the shirt, but do like the tie he wears with this outfit, impossible to find
    I’m sure!
    Am I going mad or do these look like *another* pair of sunglasses? They don't look round...

more-sunglasses.jpg
    frommeyer wrote:

I have the same take. The hat(s) match the jacket so perfectly it's hard to dismiss them despite the problematic back strap. That split second of movement isn't enough to say one way or another.

Yes, the waxed cap would seem like the perfect choice given the jacket. But the mouth at the back is too small and the strap too broad for any of the Barbour caps I could see. DC might have a funny shaped head or it could be a tailored Barbour...
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    Am I going mad or do these look like *another* pair of sunglasses? They don't look round...

more-sunglasses.jpg
    frommeyer wrote:

Yes, the waxed cap would seem like the perfect choice given the jacket. But the mouth at the back is too small and the strap too broad for any of the Barbour caps I could see. DC might have a funny shaped head or it could be a tailored Barbour...

the sunglasses (and the shirt) are still a mystery to me. On the production photos in Norway, it actually looks like the Vuarnet Edge 1613 (Gliders), but the glasses here look more like the Vuarnet 1615, I actually wanted to contact Vuarnet whether they provided the 1615 also, but I had always forgotten it
    Vuarnet.pngVuarnet2.jpg

They look much more suitable for everyday use than the 1613 in my eyes
    3.jpg
    Noi wrote:

more-sunglasses.jpg
    frommeyer wrote:

the sunglasses (and the shirt) are still a mystery to me. On the production photos in Norway, it actually looks like the Vuarnet Edge 1613 (Gliders), but the glasses here look more like the Vuarnet 1615, I actually wanted to contact Vuarnet whether they provided the 1615 also, but I had always forgotten it
    Vuarnet.pngVuarnet2.jpg

3.jpg

I'm pretty certain the shirt is the Connolly Finnamore.

In terms of the sunglasses, I decided to buy the 1615s after trying the round ones (which made me look ridiculous). The 1615s are simply badass. They have everything great about the 1613s but in a style you can actually wear. Only Bond obsessives will notice that they're "wrong." You'll probably look a lot better, though, than if you went with the round ones. Few faces can pull those off. Craig barely does IMO.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    Something I found notable about the boots in the garage pic.

If you zoom in, the eyelets look pretty shiny. We all know that lighting and filters affect images differently, but I thought it was worth noting toward our search for "the ones."
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Agree, I noticed what looks like metallic eyelets also.

Here is my thoughts, but before I start, nothing has been confirmed yet and everyone must use their judgment before they purchase anything. That being said this is just a friendly community discussion amongst enthusiasts

Characteristics of the boot I think are known
    palladium boot model
    confident their is a pull tag (watch Zappos video on palladium lux, tag sticks out with pants)
    Some variation of brown
    Metallic eyelet

Color: my research thus far has shown the following color options: mahogany, russet, sunshine, chocolate, sunshine/chocolate and bison. There is a Taupe color that has also been suggested.

Bought the mahogany (pic included), I like them a lot but unfortunately don’t feel confident it is the correct color way. All the other colors with the exception of chocolate and sunshine/chocolate look very unnatural to me and don’t feel they would match the outfit.

Chocolate/sunshine in my option look like they could be an option but are sold out everywhere

Two options in the chocolate palladium are “hi” ESS and palladium lux. The lux are waterproof just like the jacket (just saying) has metallic eyelets, and have brand labeling that can be removed (big plus for the costume designers).

Again, unless we have more pictures, perhaps brand customer service help, we won’t know for some time. I will purchase the chocolate pampa WP lux in the interest of research :) and report back.

BTW wore the entire look with the Mahogany palladium HI and the wife loved the look! It has become one of my favorite relaxed bond outfits!

Pictures are of mahogany with RT jacket and jeans, color enhanced image of boot, grayscale to show the pull tag, and a image of the chocolate color boot in natural light

Hope you all enjoyed the research
    0-DD57-FA1-E52-E-4-D07-B7-FC-6-D3-DC2-A5-FEB9.jpg

4902-C303-6-A55-45-D5-AAA6-ACB432-DF13-AC.jpg

7-B47-C3-D7-49-BC-493-B-A5-BE-44218332-BB0-D.png

82-C59218-529-D-4-E78-BB50-4295-FBC13-A40.jpg
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I just received my Pampa Cuff WP Lux in Taupe. Very comfortable boots and even if they aren't the SA colour it doesn't bother me. However after seeing them in person, I'm about 80% convinced they are the SA colour boots. -{

IMG-8181.jpg
    00 wrote:

Here is my thoughts, but before I start, nothing has been confirmed yet and everyone must use their judgment before they purchase anything. That being said this is just a friendly community discussion amongst enthusiasts

palladium boot model
    confident their is a pull tag (watch Zappos video on palladium lux, tag sticks out with pants)
    Some variation of brown
    Metallic eyelet

Color: my research thus far has shown the following color options: mahogany, russet, sunshine, chocolate, sunshine/chocolate and bison. There is a Taupe color that has also been suggested.

Bought the mahogany (pic included), I like them a lot but unfortunately don’t feel confident it is the correct color way. All the other colors with the exception of chocolate and sunshine/chocolate look very unnatural to me and don’t feel they would match the outfit.

Chocolate/sunshine in my option look like they could be an option but are sold out everywhere

Two options in the chocolate palladium are “hi” ESS and palladium lux. The lux are waterproof just like the jacket (just saying) has metallic eyelets, and have brand labeling that can be removed (big plus for the costume designers).

Again, unless we have more pictures, perhaps brand customer service help, we won’t know for some time. I will purchase the chocolate pampa WP lux in the interest of research :) and report back.

BTW wore the entire look with the Mahogany palladium HI and the wife loved the look! It has become one of my favorite relaxed bond outfits!

Pictures are of mahogany with RT jacket and jeans, color enhanced image of boot, grayscale to show the pull tag, and a image of the chocolate color boot in natural light

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • sw17sw17 Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    I'm no fashion expert, but I'm wondering if Cory's boots give any hints? What brand are these?
    EFO1-BTb-UYAAUu-Yv.jpg
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,367MI6 Agent
    Not sure about the taupe color...IMO, the contrast between the sole and the rest of the boot is too big.
    Very nice boots nevertheless!
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent
    I’m really liking the Pampa Cuff WP Lux in Taupe as our boot...wherever did you find them??
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    Nice boot Enjoying Death! Whilst I too am thinking our boot is the Pampa Cuff WP Lux I am leaning more towards the chocolate colour than taupe. But I do like them in the taupe so you never know!
    Would you have a picture with a turned up jean to show how the pull loop at the back sits on this model? Thank you

Here’s the same model in that chocolate:
    F04-CD8-CE-682-A-4-B75-960-C-F1369-E13405-D.jpg
    Murder | Employment.
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    00 wrote:

palladium boot model
    Some variation of brown
    Metallic eyelet

Great analysis 00.
    Have you found the Pampa WP Lux in chocolate anywhere?
    Murder | Employment.
  • Matt NMatt N Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    sw17 wrote:
    I'm no fashion expert, but I'm wondering if Cory's boots give any hints? What brand are these?
    EFO1-BTb-UYAAUu-Yv.jpg

I think those could well be a pair of Grenson Bradys, although they don't currently have anything at all similar to what Bond is wearing.
    Cheverian wrote:
    Noi wrote:

more-sunglasses.jpg

Vuarnet.pngVuarnet2.jpg

3.jpg

I'm pretty certain the shirt is the Connolly Finnamore.

In terms of the sunglasses, I decided to buy the 1615s after trying the round ones (which made me look ridiculous). The 1615s are simply badass. They have everything great about the 1613s but in a style you can actually wear. Only Bond obsessives will notice that they're "wrong." You'll probably look a lot better, though, than if you went with the round ones. Few faces can pull those off. Craig barely does IMO.

You're spot on re the 1615 v 13 face shape. I don't think either are what DC is chewing on though, they look like they have a single bridge. Confused by the second arm being folded up. But the eyeshade just seems very angular rather than rounded. We will wait and see.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    00 wrote:

palladium boot model
    Some variation of brown
    Metallic eyelet

How about the "Burnt Ochre" colour?

https://palladiumboots.com/products/73231-261-m?_pos=1&_sid=9e9d8fcc4&_ss=r

Paladium-Burnt-Ochre.png
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
    I bought the pampa lux chocolate on Zappos, sold out of 11.5, which I am so I sized up because I like to wear thicker socks and insoles. Amazon and palladium website also had them although the palladium website has a chocolate version but seemed very dark. Use your best guess at this point as nothing has been confirmed.
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Actually now my guess would be these:

https://palladiumboots.co.uk/collections/high-tops-mens/products/76887-257-m

As they are the "originals"

Pampa-Leather-Ess.png
    The name's Bond_James_Bond