BR Bond coat latest version

Hi chaps

Thinking of getting one of these. Before I do, I wanted to ask if anyone has the latest one which I think may be version 3? I seem to remember there was a 80/20 blend at one point. The current ones are 75/25.

Does anyone know the differences between the coats compared to the original. Any experience or comments welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent
    I'd be curious to try on the new blend as it they state is allows for "more movement".. Mine feels very stiff so the more relaxed feel may be a huge plus. As an aside, over time I would seek some kind of treatment for the calfskin details so it does not dry out and crack- as mine looks to be doing just that. I need to research what would be the best leather dressing to keep that preserved well.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 481MI6 Agent
    Per BR's site, the coat now has a more relaxed fit as well. That should be good news for bigger guys because I feel like the slim fit may have somewhat limited the coat's market.

MFisher, I've been using Lexol's brown-bottle lanolin leather conditioner on my wearable leathers for decades with good effect. A little goes a long way and it doesn't leave a greasy or sticky finish. As with all leather treatments, it may slightly darken lighter colored leathers temporarily or permanently.
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • XE-SXE-S Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the replies.

I'm ok with a slightly looser fit but concerned it might have that boxy look and in some photos the arms appear baggy
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:
    I'd be curious to try on the new blend as it they state is allows for "more movement".. Mine feels very stiff so the more relaxed feel may be a huge plus. As an aside, over time I would seek some kind of treatment for the calfskin details so it does not dry out and crack- as mine looks to be doing just that. I need to research what would be the best leather dressing to keep that preserved well.

Try "Pecard Leather Dressing" products, they make great stuff used to restore old leather jackets and many more....
    I sent an email to BR requesting measuremens of the coats. Here is what they sent me

Here are the measurements for a Small--

Shoulders: 17.6in/43.6cm
    Chest: 41.9in/106.4cm
    Waist: 37.9in/96.4cm
    Length: 30.7in/78.1cm

Here are the measurements for a size medium--

Shoulders: 17.91in/45.5cm
    Chest: 44.9in/114cm
    Waist: 40.9in/104cm
    Length: 31.5in/80cm

Measurements of my lined peacoat is

Shoulder 45cm
    Chest 106cm
    Waist 100cm
    Length 82cm

What struck me immediately is this new BR coats seems long! My peacoat is on the longer side, I would have said about 10cm too long. Length of BR is only 2cm-4cm shorter. Unless I measured it wrong. I measured from the neck seam.

I'm a 39-40" chest and wear a 38UK suit.

What do you think gents?
  • Jeff LynneJeff Lynne Washington DCPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    I'd try to find a previous season in a Medium if I were you. I have the first round of blended that came out in Medium and the measurements are as follows:

Chest: 53.5cm (so ~107cm)
    Shoulders: 45.5cm (between 45.5 and 46)
    Back Length: 73cm

Given the measurements you provided for yourself and your current peacoat I'd stay away from the newer relaxed cut.

Don't be afraid of secondhand/used. Plenty of good sellers here, just make an inquiry on the Buy/Sell forum. I'd also check other resources such as Grailed and eBay.
    Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet and I don't think I will. I'm not liking the chest measurement and length of this new version. Your coat seems to match mine (which fits me really well) and if that was still available I wouldn't hesitate to order a medium
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Hmm.. based on your medium measurements, I may have to try on a large in the new version.. may sell mine on here if I like it more.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    I'm curious does anyone have a photo or a link to the jacket? I have no idea what this jacket looks like or from what film it was in. Thanks! -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    I'm curious does anyone have a photo or a link to the jacket? I have no idea what this jacket looks like or from what film it was in. Thanks! -{

Here is the link....

https://www.billyreid.com/collections/mens-jackets-outerwear/products/bond-peacoat?variant=33995072667692

The peacoat was worn in the Shanghai portion of Skyfall where 007 is tasked with tailing Patrice to his target. Bond ends up fighting Patrice after he kills a guy looking at a painting and he ends up falling to his death.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Ahh. the Billy Reid coat. Thanks.

I don't know why I was thinking Banana Republic lol. I was going nuts thinking he wore a coat from them lol.
    MikeG77 wrote:

Here is the link....

https://www.billyreid.com/collections/mens-jackets-outerwear/products/bond-peacoat?variant=33995072667692

The peacoat was worn in the Shanghai portion of Skyfall where 007 is tasked with tailing Patrice to his target. Bond ends up fighting Patrice after he kills a guy looking at a painting and he ends up falling to his death.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    With regards to fit, I bought the latest version of the BR jacket in medium. I'm on the small side of the medium bell curve and the coat isn't a perfect screen fit. Personally I'm ok with this - if I'm wearing a peacoat it's because it's cold outside and I'll want room to layer. But if screen accuracy is your primary concern I'd recommend going down one if you're between sizes.