Tom Ford Quantum Of Solace Ties Special Order - Ties in production, despatch imminent

Comments

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the update! -{
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Morning all
    Ive been receiving quite a few pm's so just want to clarify where we are at...
    With Covid interrupting the project, Luigi and the design team needed to effectively restart the fabric id process. Several manufacturers had ceased production and certain yarns were just gone.
    We are about there but still waiting to nail down the London tie.
    This is what will happen next (but I cant give a definutive timescale as its out of my hands).
    And promise I will update this thread immediately as I get developments.

To happen-
    Final confirmation will be received of all tie designs.
    Luigi and I will pull together the qos booklet.
    I will send Luigi everyones email and expected ties reqd.
    Luigi will email out the booklet and order process.

Be patient guys. It takes time. Now more than ever.

It is going to happen as both me, Luigi and Tom Ford have invested significant time, effort and money to get to this point.

M
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Mr_JonesMr_Jones SloughPosts: 15MI6 Agent
    Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I would like to thank 007JBDCMWR efforts in actively pursuing the recreation of the TF ties in QOS with Luigi and the Team over at TF. Unquestionably, for me the best suiting to grace the screen thus far for DC era of Bond.

I have an open question which I am sure someone on the forum could kindly answer.

During the theatrical run of QOS, Sony showcased a Sony Bravia ad staring DC (it appeared before the movie). The suit (and more specifically the tie) to me appear to be the same as that seen attending Greene’s party.

Is this true? Or is it a totally different tie?

Many thanks in advance to any would be verifiers.

Kind regards,

Zafran

Sony-Bond-05-1140x760.jpg
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Hi Zaf,

Yes it's the same tie as in post 231 above, the navy suit and blue/silver Greene Party tie. Somewhere I have a close up poster from the Sony/O2 (I think) launch in 2008, if I can find it I'll post a pic.

-{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Mr_JonesMr_Jones SloughPosts: 15MI6 Agent
    Hi Charmed & Dangerous,

Thank you so much for your quick response. I always suspected it was same tie and suit, but one can never be too sure with Bond clothing (details are not always picked up on camera - even a full HD Bravia ad!).

Many thanks for confirming.

I recall a guy in the cinema exclaiming "that is a nice suit" in the row in front of me as the ad played back in 2008 - I believe that still rings true today.

Hope you have a great weekend,

Zaf

Hi Zaf,

Yes it's the same tie as in post 231 above, the navy suit and blue/silver Greene Party tie. Somewhere I have a close up poster from the Sony/O2 (I think) launch in 2008, if I can find it I'll post a pic.

-{
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Just curious, since it’s been about a month now, is everything ok with Luigi?
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Yes
    Tf closes down virtually all of August
    So they are just back
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Yes
    Tf closes down virtually all of August
    So they are just back

Good to hear. Not wanting to sound impatient, just concerned about him while things are crazy. :) -{
    No it's fine didn't come across that way.

Great reminder as being meaning to email -{

• jakob1402jakob1402 Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Good evening,

I’m in for:
    2 * Bolivia
    3 * Kazan

Thank you.

DM further if anything needed.

In case we have difficulties filling up enough, I can chip in for what’s needed.

Kind regards,
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    jakob1402 wrote:
    Good evening,

I’m in for:
    2 * Bolivia
    3 * Kazan

Thank you.

In case we have difficulties filling up enough, I can chip in for what’s needed.

Kind regards,

I know we've got enough interest to move forward with all the ties but you should send a PM to 007JBDCMWR to advise him of what ties you're interested in.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • jakob1402jakob1402 Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    jakob1402 wrote:
    Good evening,

I’m in for:
    2 * Bolivia
    3 * Kazan

Thank you.

Kind regards,

I know we've got enough interest to move forward with all the ties but you should send a PM to 007JBDCMWR to advise him of what ties you're interested in.

Thank you! I just PMed him.
  • DexDex Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    Good evening gents .Have all the orders gone in on this or is there still time to get on board?
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Dex wrote:
    Good evening gents .Have all the orders gone in on this or is there still time to get on board?

As far as I know the #'s for each tie have been communicated to Luigi at Tom Ford but you'd want to PM 007JBDCMWR. I also know that Italy was hammered with COVID cases coupled with the factory closing down for all of August that all projects are on the back burner and they're focusing on items they currently sell. I know M will let us know when to the orders are going in so you should be ok.
    I know where you keep your gun!
    Hi all

Sorry for the silence, I've been away a bit as my wee son was in hospital... All well now thankfully.

Re ties.

Due to covid the TF factory / stores / teams are working on minimum numbers. As such Luigi informed me that anything over and above basic operations is on the back burner for now. So projects are on hold (but Def not ccld).

But there is a further issue, the fabric supplies. So before the first covid wave we were all set to launch the 5 ties, then covid hit, some of the suppliers went out of business, which meant the tf team needed to start the search from scratch again. It's likely the second wave will have similar implications.

So for those that have asked re timing. This will definitely go ahead as too much time and ££££'s invested. But it's not imminent now as we are in the hands of the pandemic.

I built the final list but it's not sent, so anyone wanting to join still can (Jakob / Darren you are both added).

I will, when I get the next update, add info on this thread as soon as I have it. So keep eyes in here!

Cheers
    M

• The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the update. The pandemic has has ripples everywhere. Glad that the project is still on, albeit on the back burner for now.

Thanks, once again, for all your work.

Cheers,

Blair
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Hi all

Sorry for the silence, I've been away a bit as my wee son was in hospital... All well now thankfully.

Re ties.

Due to covid the TF factory / stores / teams are working on minimum numbers. As such Luigi informed me that anything over and above basic operations is on the back burner for now. So projects are on hold (but Def not ccld).

But there is a further issue, the fabric supplies. So before the first covid wave we were all set to launch the 5 ties, then covid hit, some of the suppliers went out of business, which meant the tf team needed to start the search from scratch again. It's likely the second wave will have similar implications.

So for those that have asked re timing. This will definitely go ahead as too much time and ££££'s invested. But it's not imminent now as we are in the hands of the pandemic.

I built the final list but it's not sent, so anyone wanting to join still can (Jakob / Darren you are both added).

I will, when I get the next update, add info on this thread as soon as I have it. So keep eyes in here!

Cheers
    M
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Hi all

Re ties.

Cheers
    M

Wonderful news a happy outcome for your son.
  • rikbondrikbond Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    On what is a very bleak 007 day....

The only good news is the revised qos tie samples are done and will be with me soon

M

I would be very interested to buy the Kazan Tie if that is still available.
    Rik Bond
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    rikbond wrote:
    007JBDCMWR

PM your info to 007JBDCMWR along with the tie you are interested in.

very sadly Italy getting the worst of it again now. I hope Luigi and team are all doing well.

Hi everyone.

Just a brief update.

I am arranging a video conference with Luigi and the TF design team to get the project completed and at a point of order placing. Watch this space.

Mark

• GaryD_007GaryD_007 Near the Bonnie BanksPosts: 579MI6 Agent

Fantastic, Mark!

TY

• StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent

Great news Mark. Thanks for the update.👍️

I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me

Magnifique!

• JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent

Watching with baited breath! Thank you!

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

It's alive! It's alive!!

In all seriousness, thank you (plus Luigi & team) for your perseverance and hard work on this project.

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent

Very curious if any of the ties' accuracy will be affected by the events of the last year. From what I recall, only one was 99% and the rest were 100% accurate?

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

Just about. Luigi is currently chasing up all previous suppliers to check availability.

Kazan, London and Greene Party were spot on.

Bolivia and PTS would be Recreations as one yarn in each had a slight reflective colour variation. Only noticeable in certain lights / angles if next to an original. I was unaware of the complexity before I got involved with the tf team. It's not just colour, but sheen and light reflection %, then add direction of the fabric grain etc etc. Tf don't keep details of exact manufacturing process for each tie they produce, so replication 100% is nigh on impossible.

Where we get will the absolute best option though, Luigi won't go ahead with anything less.

Once final samples are agreed I will post pictures, and I have clearly asked that any difference will be clearly stated in the order brochure Luigi will send to everyone.

Here's a little taster, sorry for picture quality, I over exposed it to show some detail vetter...

Dismiss London Option 1, that was an experimental design quickly dismissed as this mauve design was originally supplied but not used by costume