Bond Alumni: Tributes and Updates

Comments

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,177MI6 Agent
    Just deleted a duplicate post. Sorry. It has been a while since I was here....
  • Xfire2k15Xfire2k15 Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Thank you so much Sir Sean :( :x
  • Cam008Cam008 Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    You sure lived a life, Sir Sean... May you rest in peace.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    My favorite Bond, and a terrific actor. He will be missed. -{
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    The only Angel to have a jet pack instead of wings! -{

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uao5V1G-akY
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 462MI6 Agent
    Geoffrey Palmer, the Admiral in Tomorrow Never Dies, has died aged 93:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54838209
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Rafer Johnson has died.He was an athlete,before he went into acting. One of the films he was in,was Licence To Kill. He played the part of Mullens, a DEA agent seen in the PTS working with Leiter to help capture Sanchez and bring him to justice.

Robert Davi tweeted the news of his passing. RIP,Rafer.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Jeremy Bulloch has died. He played Smithers in FYEO and OP, but he's better known as Boba Fett in the original Star Wars Trilogy.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Silhouette Man Has just posted that Bond veteran Peter Lamont has passed.
    RIP Peter Lamont.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Oh, that's sad. Unnecessary to mention it, of course, but this has been a bad year.
    This is really sad to hear. His work on Die Another Day is the high point of the film.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    And another passes away :#

RIP Peter Lamont -{
    YNWA 97
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    RIP Peter Lamont, a lovely man and a great veteran of the series, another massive loss to 2020, RIP.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    RIP Peter Lamont. I highly recommend his book, The Man with the Golden Eye: Designing the James Bond Films,
    by Marcus Hearn and Peter Lamont. Reading his own words about his long involvement in the Bond Series, he was a genuinely humble man who was really grateful for finding work in the Bond films in the 60's and how he was tapped again and again in varying roles up to CR. What a career, being involved in so many notable films outside the Bond canon like Fiddler on the Roof, True Lies, Aliens and Titanic and he got to work with all the Bond actors to date!

He finally joins his wife, Ann, who preceded him in death in 2015 and in his book he recounts such a lovely portrait of a no-frills marriage including times when Ann spent months away with Peter during location shoots like in LTK. Another terrible loss for Bond fans and the world during 2020, but in a way I count them blessed to finally rest from the present situation we're all in now.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    RIP Tanya Roberts. Only 65. This year hasn't been any better yet.
    Sad to hear that, and at only 65.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sad news indeed, RIP Tanya Roberts
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Damn, RIP Tanya :( It really hasn't been a good period for Bond alumni.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,703MI6 Agent
    Sad news. Tanya Roberts was stunningly beautiful in AVTAK and very funny in That 70's Show.
  • Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    Not exactly the greatest Bond lady ever ("JAMES!! OOOOooooohhh JAMES!! EEEEeeeee!!!") but she sounded like a genuinely nice person and 65 seems so shockingly young still. Allegedly she had some kind of seizure and collapse after walking her dogs.... :( :#
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
    So TMZ (not exactly top tier journalism) are now reporting Robert’s rep has said she is still alive? Confused ?:)

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/04/tanya-roberts-still-alive-rep-saying-shes-dead-70s-show-bond-girl/
    JTM wrote:
    So TMZ (not exactly top tier journalism) are now reporting Robert’s rep has said she is still alive? Confused ?:)

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/04/tanya-roberts-still-alive-rep-saying-shes-dead-70s-show-bond-girl/

And apparently, it was Tanya's husband that told the rep she was dead in the first place...you would think he'd know what's actually going on :s
  • eng2ajdeng2ajd Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Doesn’t really add up to be honest, but at least she is still with us, though she doesn’t sound very well at all. Fingers crossed she makes a full recovery. No time to die, Tanya.
    The latest from the publication that has been keeping us abreast of her situation says that she died last night.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/05/tanya-roberts-dead-dies-65-bond-girl-70s-show-premature-announcement/
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    As sad as her death is sometimes people die relative young , even Bond stars
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Tanya Roberts is the only notable celebrity I knew I shared the same birthday on, Oct 15 and she was just a day apart with Roger who was Oct 14.

What's even sadder for me is that I actually liked her in A View To a Kill, she gave the movie a nice vibe I enjoyed till the end and also while she did appear a little naive about the production of the movie back then according to Lois Maxwell with her shipping make up to the thing...from everything I've seen she was a genuinely nice person. I'm not old enough to have seen her in Charlie's Angels but that must suck even more for some of you. I do remember her quite vividly from that 70s show too, was basically what got me to watching the reruns years ago.

It's a big blow to the Bond alumni imo. Just 65. Big shame. I think I have to rewatch AVTAK one of these days; was one of my favorite 80s Bonds for a long time. Probably kinda need it.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    I was really sorry to hear about both Sir Sean Connery and Peter Lamont. Connery was my introduction to James Bond when my father let watch Dr. No on VHS when I was young. He quickly become one of my all time favorite actors thanks his vast body of work from Bond to The Man Who Would Be King, A Bridge Too Far, Highlander, The Untouchable's, Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade, The Hunt For Red October, The Rock, Dragonheart, Entrapment and Finding Forester. He really did make any movie he was in enjoyable even if the script was not always the best one around.

Peter Lamont like Ken Adam before him was a truly talented artist in the production design field, starting his work as a Draughtsman on Goldfinger and later working up to his post as Production Designer. I always looked forward to seeing his sets on film during his time with the series. May they both RIP.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Director Michael Apted has died.

Tributes from Barbara Broccoli.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55597263
    RIP, Mr Apted. I've loved TWINE since the moment I saw it.
    I’m saddened to hear of Apted’s death. I think he’s the most talented director of the Brosnan era and got such an excellent performance from Brosnan. He seemed to know what he was doing with Bond, and it’s a shame he only did one. TWINE was able to introduce new ideas to the Bond films that have been present ever since, but the classic Bond feel is always there. He would have been great with Craig.