Sales?

Comments

• frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    edited December 2020
    BlueBlud wrote:
    https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/product/tom-ford/clothing/slim-jeans/slim-fit-denim-jeans/10516758728876555

Can anyone confirm if these are the correct jeans? If so then it’s a good deal to grab if they have your size

They're the re-issue jeans (BVJ26). If you search the source code on Mr. Porter's listings you can find the product codes. Took a screenshot for you. The original run is BPJ26.

Screen-Shot-2020-12-27-at-11-54-26-AM.png

I own both the BVJ and the BPJ. A couple months ago I took these side-by-side to compare the two. There are some minor differences, mostly in shading (I can't remember which is which). You really see the difference in the back pockets. There's a lightness variance.

Neither were washed nor worn. So what you're seeing is from the factory.

IMS5ASc.jpg

mNAyXPM.jpg
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    BlueBlud wrote:
    https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/product/tom-ford/clothing/slim-jeans/slim-fit-denim-jeans/10516758728876555

Can anyone confirm if these are the correct jeans? If so then it’s a good deal to grab if they have your size

They're the re-issue jeans (BVJ26). If you search the source code on Mr. Porter's listings you can find the product codes. Took a screenshot for you. The original run is BPJ26.

Screen-Shot-2020-12-27-at-11-54-26-AM.png

I own both the BVJ and the BPJ. A couple months ago I took these side-by-side to compare the two. There are some minor differences, mostly in shading (I can't remember which is which). You really see the difference in the back pockets. There's a lightness variance.

Neither were washed nor worn. So what you're seeing is from the factory.

IMS5ASc.jpg

mNAyXPM.jpg

Probably close enough for some of us, given the sale price.

Frommeyer, did you find these to be true to size?
    The slim cut fits slim, imo. But stretches to the right size after some wears. If you're marginal (i.e. a "large" 32) I'd go up to a 33.

If you're getting the straight cut (not even being offered by Mr Porter) it fits true to size, no issues. I wish the BVJ were available in straight cut. It looks more screen accurate to me. But it's a very difference.
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    And which is BUJ26?

38-BAE20-B-E5-F7-4-FB6-A190-9-F9-B7012452-A.jpg
    BUJ26 is another run/reissue of the BPJ26 - I'm also aware of the BTJ26 which is what was coming directly from the TF store if you ordered via email this spring/summer/fall.

These codes all describe the tessuto/fabric. My limited understanding of the nature of denim is that, when doing large runs of the fabric, there's going to be small variations from batch to batch (like we see in the photos above). Is it basically the same thing? Yes. But it is just different enough to justify its own code. At least this is how I sort of understand the issue.

From what we know the movie's run of jeans was BPJ26. All these other runs are basically the same thing but with very, very subtle shading/hue differences.
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    The slim cut fits slim, imo. But stretches to the right size after some wears. If you're marginal (i.e. a "large" 32) I'd go up to a 33.

If you're getting the straight cut (not even being offered by Mr Porter) it fits true to size, no issues. I wish the BVJ were available in straight cut. It looks more screen accurate to me. But it's a very difference.

Definitely agree with this. I have a few pairs...paired like for like laid over each other with almost any other brand - scotch & soda, rag & bone, Levis, 7fam etc etc TF are up to a full inch smaller round the waist. Tom never wants you to forget you're letting yourself go - and that applies equally if you have a 20 inch or a 40inch waist! :))
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,114MI6 Agent
    Mr Porter (UK) have some Orlebar Brown 007 items in their January Sale...
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:

Definitely agree with this. I have a few pairs...paired like for like laid over each other with almost any other brand - scotch & soda, rag & bone, Levis, 7fam etc etc TF are up to a full inch smaller round the waist. Tom never wants you to forget you're letting yourself go - and that applies equally if you have a 20 inch or a 40inch waist! :))

I second this. Embarrassingly was unaware for quite some time of the classic “Vanity Sizing” that’s fairly common here in the U.S.
    Check your pants waist size, now go measure your actual waist. Kinda crazy
    Bodiley's has a few Bond C&J shoes in specific sizes on sale:

http://bodileys.cmail20.com/t/ViewEmail/i/183C19D1C1F364122540EF23F30FEDED/4F3B569BB6AA725E6E6039C17E42EE19

Even at regular price I *highly* recommend Bodileys for C&J shoes. Sarah is fantastic. I've also been lucky and not yet had to pay an import fee to the US via DHL.
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    Bodiley's has a few Bond C&J shoes in specific sizes on sale:

http://bodileys.cmail20.com/t/ViewEmail/i/183C19D1C1F364122540EF23F30FEDED/4F3B569BB6AA725E6E6039C17E42EE19

Even at regular price I *highly* recommend Bodileys for C&J shoes. Sarah is fantastic. I've also been lucky and not yet had to pay an import fee to the US via DHL.

That’s likely because all orders under $800 are duty free.

But second the comment above. Great customer service.
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    Crocket & Jones sale is on, you have to email the store and ask for a list tho, I picked up the Skye 3’s in brown for £405
  • Double Oh DearDouble Oh Dear Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi chaps,

First time poster, long time reader here.

Endclothing.com have the Barbour Beacon jacket for £225 if you use the discount code VIPSALE for 25% off.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    General inquiry: do you know if Mason & Sons will have some discounts?
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    Hi chaps,

Endclothing.com have the Barbour Beacon jacket for £225 if you use the discount code VIPSALE for 25% off.

I checked out the site and here is the link for US based members....

https://www.endclothing.com/us/barbour-beacon-sports-jacket-mwx0007ol71.html

Price ends up being $266.25 before tax and with free s/h!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Yep if you’re a customer you’ll get a card with I think 20%. I’m planning on getting a couple of suits and Elliot very kindly suggested I wait at the time I had a 15% voucher. Plus you also get “points “ for what you spend which you get off next order
    Anthony
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    Yep if you’re a customer you’ll get a card with I think 20%. I’m planning on getting a couple of suits and Elliot very kindly suggested I wait at the time I had a 15% voucher. Plus you also get “points “ for what you spend which you get off next order

Yes it's 20% valid through 31st Jan - they've done them the last few years. The points system is also very generous and soon piles up.
    Is it a standard 20% or something only subscribers receive? Cause I've subscribed, but only received the 10% off for my first purchase...
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Is it a standard 20% or something only subscribers receive? Cause I've subscribed, but only received the 10% off for my first purchase...
    Think it’s just a Xmas present to customers.
    Anthony
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    Hi chaps,

With this code I managed to bag myself a Barbour Lutz for £172 delivered!

Thank you! What a great 1st post. -{

Just a heads up, I've been thinking about acquiring a Navy Sunspel polo for the 1st time and found them at Printemps online for £54 plus £10 shipping to UK.

https://www.printemps.com/uk/en/sunspel-cotton-riviera-polo-shirt-blue-men-3979159?query=Sunspel+Riviera+&queryId=200e90fa778a3b06c26c0de177004e1e

Does anyone have any opinion on the current quality of the made in Portugal polos?
  • Matt NMatt N Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Hi chaps,

Just a heads up, I've been thinking about acquiring a Navy Sunspel polo for the 1st time and found them at Printemps online for £54 plus £10 shipping to UK.

https://www.printemps.com/uk/en/sunspel-cotton-riviera-polo-shirt-blue-men-3979159?query=Sunspel+Riviera+&queryId=200e90fa778a3b06c26c0de177004e1e

Does anyone have any opinion on the current quality of the made in Portugal polos?

I would say my most recent purchases have been similar quality and fit to the one I first purchased in 2009, although the cut seems to have varied quite a bit over the years. Aside from my newer Navy polo saying "Made in Portugal", the only real difference I can see is they now cost almost twice the price that I originally paid :))

Given we're no longer in Europe, it's worth double checking you aren't going to be hit with any additional customer charges, it's a good price otherwise, Sunspel almost never reduce the black and navy polo's...
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Hi chaps,

They are okay - i find the dark colours fade quickly after a few washes, which has not been a problem for me as i redye them dark navy. In terms of fit i do not find them anything like as fitted as seen on DC in CR. He must have a different fit on his - specially tailored for him. I find the arms seem to flare out and not hug the bicep. I have seen black ones go for £35 on The Rake website on sale. I am M in most stuff and i sized down to S to get a more fitted look.
    Thanks both, I actually have 1 item sunspel and had another but have been quite disappointed with the feel and fit of both after washing.

It's a cotton waffle henley and I know it's supposed to be light and airy but to me seems to lack structure and strength of other similar garments I own.
  • Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    Thanks both, I actually have 1 item sunspel and had another but have been quite disappointed with the feel and fit of both after washing.

It's a cotton waffle henley and I know it's supposed to be light and airy but to me seems to lack structure and strength of other similar garments I own.

I know how you feel... Over a decade ago when I used to collect Sunspel regularly, before their quality nosedived, I picked up quite a few henleys... All of them just felt so... lifeless and limp. I'd take a James Perse or R&B over that any day of the week...
  • JKingJKing LondonPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    Barbour Beacon Sports Jacket at £275 from an RRP of £399.

Stating the obvious, but to be clear- this is not the screen accurate To Ki To coat, but is made by the same company and in their words is 'inspired by the sought-after, limited edition To Ki To Sports Jacket. 007 is even in the product code..

https://www.charleshobson.co.uk/mens-c21/jackets-and-coats-c15/beacon-sports-wax-jacket-olive-green-p2632/s24949?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=barbour-beacon-sports-wax-jacket-olive-green-colour-green-size-extra-large-0006832404&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&cid=GBP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvqO3g-ad7gIVAbbtCh1TUw60EAQYAyABEgKoi_D_BwE

Note: Item ships from UK
    Further OB Bond Collection Reductions on Mr. Porter. Very limited stock by now, but up to 60% off being offered if you can find your size.

https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/search/007
    The Mr Porter site, under 007 sales, features a necklace too. Was it used in some movie?
    The Mr Porter site, under 007 sales, features a necklace too. Was it used in some movie?

0.07 carats of diamond in rhat necklace that's why I think it ended up under that 007 search.
    It makes sens. I had found that info too, but wasn't completely sure
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    30% off the MA Duster Coat Size 52 at Care of Carls

https://www.careofcarl.de/de/massimo-alba-cotton-corduroy-coat-light-green.html