Coronavirus

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited January 2021
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited December 2020
    According to Boris Johnson, the new Covid mutation that started in the South of London is to 70% higher infecting compared to the known stems.

That could, also explain the steady rise of numbers during our „soft closedown“ in Germany which is in effect since end of October.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent
    He said the new virus is perhaps as much as 70% more infectious, but it sounds scary.
    edited January 2021
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Covid-19.5 or Covid-19a2? Possibly Covid-19 II?
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    According to Boris Johnson, the new Covid mutation that started in the South of London is to 70% higher infecting compared to the known stems.

That could, also explain the steady rise of numbers during our „soft closedown“ in Germany which is in effect since end of October.

Is it known if you'll be immune if you had Covid-19? If you get the C-19 vaccine, could you have partial immunity? I'm guessing its to early to tell?
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Yes, too early to tell.

But the outlook on that it may be so much more infectious and probably will mutate even more aggressively is not comforting.

Netherlands have already stopped all flights coming from the UK - not sure if that works as that mutation apparently has been already found in Germany and if may be related to the Danish mink virus stem.

Everybody stay safe and careful!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent
    As of yesterday there are only 87 active covid cases in Cebu City, but a spike is expected with the mass attendances at religious sites in the lead up to Christmas. These should have been stopped in my opinion. All the good work and sacrifices everyone has made up to now could all be ruined :#
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    The pandemic was already hitting the UK hard, now several countries are closing their borders to Britain because of the new strain of Covid-19 and it looks like there will be a no-deal Brexit after the new year. It looks like the start of 2021 will be very rough for the UK :(
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:

This new strain is likely to cause less serious symptoms...but I still wouldn’t want to catch it.
    YNWA 97
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    The pandemic was already hitting the UK hard, now several countries are closing their borders to Britain because of the new strain of Covid-19 and it looks like there will be a no-deal Brexit after the new year. It looks like the start of 2021 will be very rough for the UK :(

The pandemic is hitting a lot of countries hard, not just the UK...

As for a hard-Brexit…? Did anyone expect something different?
    The world economy is going down he pan - people/countries will trade where they can, when they can.
    YNWA 97
    The new Covid-19 was in Britain first, leading to countries completely shutting their borders to the UK. That's bad news for the UK. The no deal Brexit comes on top of that. Yes, everyone wants to trade with everyone so trade between Britain and the UK will work out eventually, but until that happens British businesses will struggle.
    edited January 2021
    Like it has been doing for the last week or so?
    edited January 2021
    And Norway too! Our two countries have agreed to keep using the old trade agreement until a new one is in place. If all else fails people in Britain (and the UK) can drive around in between meals of fish! :D
    I hope you're right about things going well for the British in the coming months, but I have doubts.
    It looks like Higgins is sleeping :))
    edited January 2021
    Wise man, this Kananga. Some day he'll become something Big.

I'm watching The Nutcracker on TV because it makes me feel like a real man. Also, a friend of my niece is playing the key role if "green marsipan" :D
    edited January 2021
    One of Sweden's top officials in their anti-corona effort (such as they are) was caught on camera on his way to the Canary Islands this Christmas. The agency he is heading has urged Swedes not to travel abroad during the pandemic..
    edited January 2021
    Today the Norwegian authorities implemented the strongest anti-corona measures so far. It's said only Finland has control of the pandemic here in Europe, while Norway has partial control. Let's hope these measures work!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Similarly, Scotland goes into complete lockdown tonight.
    Sad, even though it probably won't change your concerts :v :D
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    What concerts? :#
    Thankfully we don't have a full lockdown here yet. I think most businesses will stay open (no serving of alcohol, so bars and such will close) and kindergardens and schools for seventh grade will remain open.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
    Lockdown in Norway...

iu-2.jpg
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    No smalahove, no skis - but a gun? No way!
    Number24 wrote:
    One of Sweden's top officials in their anti-corona effort (such as they are) was caught on camera on his way to the Canary Islands this Christmas. The agency he is heading has urged Swedes not to travel abroad during the pandemic..

The Canary Islands tourist has resigned. Good!
This discussion has been closed.