Favorite non-Bond Clothing Brands

What are some of your favorites? I know we have people from all over the world here so some of the brands may vary. For me, I love James Perse. Almost anything from JP I am into. I have about 20 pieces of clothing from JP from t-shirts, they have some great ones, to polo shirts and some pants. Never bought anything full price, but have bought many of the items brand new.

Let me know some of your favorites. Feel free to name the brand and they type of clothing you like from them. This can be from budget items to high end ones.
"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    For active wear, I am completely hooked on ThruDark. Founded by a few U.K. ex-Special Forces guys (SBS and SAS), their stuff is the best I've ever used regardless of weather or activity. I also love how they look (which isn't always the case with this type of thing!). In my job, I've owned and been loaned a lot of great kit, but these guys have refined it to a fine art. I have a few of their jackets, the fleece, hoodie etc and love them all. Given their roots in the SBS, I'd love to see Bond wear some of this stuff in the next film. www.thrudark.com
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Mainline Zegna and Isaia are my go-to work suits. Love, love, love Zegna. Mostly because the Mila cut fits me like bespoke off the rack. Isaia has the best soft shoulder on the market but they're significantly more expensive than Zegna (even on clearance) so I only have a couple in rotation.
  • Y-3Y-3 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    @The Domino Effect

Thanks so much for opening my eyes to Thrudark!

This kit is amazing going to put an order in.

Thanks again for sharing.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I'm a big fan of Paul Stuart. Their suits have very much a classic Bond look, with similarities to Anthony Sinclair, Dimi Major and Doug Hayward's suits.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    Vuori is great! Best workout shorts I've ever owned. Also, the best liner in a short I've ever worn.
    Gymkata wrote:
    business casual wear:
    - Eleventy. Their shoes are particularly good. Many brands use the same last (like DiBianco, Common Projects, and others) but I think the construction for this brand is particularly good.
    - Isaia. Great stuff although overpriced. I buy their stuff when it's on sale.

athleisure wear:
    - Vuori. Well constructed and extremely comfortable. Perhaps a tad overpriced but they are so good that I feel the price is ok. Rhone is also good.

daily wear:
    - Belstaff. A personal favorite. Great jackets.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
    The best I can recall, I've only tried on Zegna once. It was the same trip to Vegas that I tried on Tom Ford for the first time as well. TF felt a bit more like armor as David Zaritsky has mentioned in his videos. Zegna felt like the most luxurious fabrics and construction that felt like a second skin. Zegna was much more comfortable to me.
    frommeyer wrote:
    Mainline Zegna and Isaia are my go-to work suits. Love, love, love Zegna. Mostly because the Mila cut fits me like bespoke off the rack. Isaia has the best soft shoulder on the market but they're significantly more expensive than Zegna (even on clearance) so I only have a couple in rotation.

Matt, I haven't found that PS fits me well though I am not built like Bond is of course. I definitely like the look of PS garments, however.
    Matt S wrote:
    I'm a big fan of Paul Stuart. Their suits have very much a classic Bond look, with similarities to Anthony Sinclair, Dimi Major and Doug Hayward's suits.

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    JTullock23 wrote:
    Matt, I haven't found that PS fits me well though I am not built like Bond is of course. I definitely like the look of PS garments, however.
    Matt S wrote:

They have a few different fits, some with a more classic American fit.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    That is great to know. I will look into that.
    Matt S wrote:
    JTullock23 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

They have a few different fits, some with a more classic American fit.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Y-3 wrote:
    @The Domino Effect

Thanks so much for opening my eyes to Thrudark!

This kit is amazing going to put an order in.

Thanks again for sharing.

Glad to be of help! Thanks to them I am homeless...but very well dressed! :D
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    I like the clean lines and style of Ermenegildo Zegna and Salvatore Ferragamo.

British brands I like include Udeshi, Peregrine, Belstaff
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    I hate IG and generally refuse to use it but for this thread I threw up some of my non-Bond/Zegna fits:

https://www.instagram.com/jimfrommeyer/
    You aren't kidding. They fit you well. I am jealous.
    frommeyer wrote:
    I hate IG and generally refuse to use it but for this thread I threw up some of my non-Bond/Zegna fits:

https://www.instagram.com/jimfrommeyer/

• Agent EternalAgent Eternal Athens, GreecePosts: 157MI6 Agent
    Pini Parma is on top of my list.

Only problem with them is that their stock goes out within days so you need to be fast.
  • dandyliondandylion Posts: 4MI6 Agent

Tough question. Patagonia, canali and zegna come to mind for me

Great choices! I’ve really gotten into Rag & Bone. I know they are now a Bond brand, but they have amazing items!

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent

I've got a few, most prominent is probably Reis and Belstaff, I know Moneypenny wore a Belstaff in Skyfall but that doesn't make it a Bond brand does it ? Anyway, I've had a Belstaff trialmaster since about 2008, bases on the Will Smith I am legend jacket, also had a mix rubberised jacket for many years too. Recently added a lot more jackets and knitwear items too. Reis is my go to Smart casual retailer, and I mix it up with Rag and Bone, scotch and soda along with the bond brands and some budget stuff too.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

I have never tried Scotch and Soda. I did just get a pair of Allsaints jeans. Can't wait to have them tailored and wear them.

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent

Id say 80% of my jeans are scotch and soda, I really like them, I also have a few other bits, t shirts, cardigans of theirs too. I have some all saints cords and I like their Henley's 👌

It was either that.....or the priesthood

Would you say that S&S is similar to R&B? To my knowledge, I don't think I have ever seen any S&S items in person.

• cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent

Belstaff (and Matchless, but we are talking NON-Bond brand) for the daily and outerwear.

For outdoors I stick with Arc'teryx and Triple Aught Design

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff

Personally I think R&B are better than S&S - even though I have more S&S clothing…but that’s mainly due to the fact that it’s easier to get S&S clothing in the UK...my fave brand of jeans has to be PRPS though 🍸

YNWA 97
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent

I think Valstar do some very nice suede jackets. I own one and the quality is amazing but they are very expensive, around £900-1,100. I could definitely see Bond wearing one of their jackets. Thye have even done a polo shirt similar in style to the Tom Ford one, around the same price point of £500!!

• IanDIanD Posts: 2MI6 Agent

Pretty much the same as me. I love the Matchless Craig and Osborne jackets. Got a fair few belstaff with favorite being a brown 'tanker' jacket from last years collection. Triple Aught Design do some great stuff and most of my casual trousers/jeans come from them. Their travel bag is also the best piece of luggage I have ever purchased. I bought the Bennet Winch SC holdall and but it will be hard to not use the TAD transport case

• MFisherMFisher Posts: 745MI6 Agent

James Perse for casual t-shirts. Orvis has some great sweaters and tweed pieces.

I have about 10-12 James Perse t-shirts. A couple pair of shorts too. Love it all.

edited April 2021

DIdn't want to start a new thread and I figure someone in here might have an idea. I got an Isaia tuxedo in dark blue (not quite midnight but I like it anyway) and the lapel facing is grosgrain blue. What bow tie should I wear? My black grosgrain? Or do I need to find a dark blue grosgrain tie?

https://i.imgur.com/oyx7UpI.jpg

Sorry my friend. Just seeing this. Did you find something that worked for you?

I did - I went with a navy grosgrain. $20 from Tie Bar. Why not.