Can you help me locate a Paris one-take scooter b+w clip?

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
A decade or so ago a movie mag offered a free DVD with cool car chases such as the one from Bullitt on it.

One clip wasn't of a chase but of a scooter in Paris - prob 1960s - and a pov shot of it travelling from central Paris all the way along the streets and up to the Sacra Coeur. It was like you were riding the scooter.

No music on it, quite chic in black and white, and probably filmed at dawn for very early to avoid too much traffic.

As it reached Sacra Coeur a woman appeared to greet the bike rider and the clip ended. It lasted a few minutes in total, if that.

Maybe I'll find that DVD somewhere but I doubt it. I can't find the clip on YouTube.

Does anyone have any ideas where I might find it or what it was? It seemed to be a famous clip of sorts. I also recall it turning up on ajb007.co.uk - I may even have posted it but others knew of it - yet I can't find it now.
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    Sounds more like Rendezvous by Claude Lelouch, but it’s in color and not b/w. It was filmed exclusively from the driver’s POV, but technically from the car’s hood because you can’t see even the hood and allegedly it was from the hood of a Ferrari; but I read somewhere it was actually a Mercedes that was used. If memory serves, it’s from 1977 and it ends at Sacre Couer and the woman who runs up from steps was Lelouch’s wife.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    edited January 2021
    I believe this is the DVD you're looking for, Nap. It was originally free with Top Gear Magazine:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Greatest-Movie-Chases-Ever-DVD/254841505502?hash=item3b55bcc6de:g:ieYAAOSwYaNfyNpj

And looking at the back cover of that DVD this sounds like the film you're looking for, as superado says above:

Rendezvous (1976)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169173/

From IMDb:

Storyline

In a flaming early morning of a Parisian August where the night's dimming lights battle with a new day, a mighty mechanical roar breaks the silence. Undoubtedly, this is the clear sound of a Ferrari 275GTB's V-12 engine revving and shifting up gears, as it furiously enters the tunnel at Porte Dauphine. Likewise, as it exits flat out up on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées, the driver aims for the Place de la Concorde and the Palais Garnier, down-shifting in a mad dash inside the centre's heart. As the car enters in squealing tyres the narrow and cobbled slippery roads--scattering pigeons and petrified pedestrians across the way with its mighty noise--clearly, this heart-pounding, nerve-wracking ride continues its course towards the Place Pigalle. With the final destination being at the Basilique du Sacré-Coeur and with a last blind hairpin remaining that could turn one's hair grey, the intrepid driver reaches the end of this high-adrenaline ride. But, who is waiting at the finish line?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    edited January 2021
    Found the full thing on YouTube actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-LZfQIdag

Enjoy! :)

Here's a 'Making Of' which may be of interest too (although it's in French):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOrlgu-Qkpg
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,238MI6 Agent
    superado wrote:
    Sounds more like Rendezvous by Claude Lelouch, but it’s in color and not b/w. It was filmed exclusively from the driver’s POV, but technically from the car’s hood because you can’t see even the hood and allegedly it was from the hood of a Ferrari; but I read somewhere it was actually a Mercedes that was used. If memory serves, it’s from 1977 and it ends at Sacre Couer and the woman who runs up from steps was Lelouch’s wife.

What as No 1 in the hit parade at the time? :))

Seriously, you two, that's brilliant, I knew AJB wouldn't let me down!

I will show this to my 92 year old Dad later who rues that he can't drive any more! I wanted to take him to see Le Mans 66 at the cinema but lockdown hit and the opportunity was lost.

Will have another look for that DVD but if not I may snap it up on eBay.. some other good stuff on there.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017