Joe Rogan claims Daniel Craig is the best and toughest James Bond

On the Joe Rogan experience the other day he said Craig is not only best but would most likely win a fight.

https://youtu.be/cRqjLMNvNE4

There's my reaction video. For starters I think Connery in his prime would have destroyed Craig in a street fight and I explained why but there's a lot more factors involved in that.

Please share your thoughts with me regards Iceferg.

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Rogan was clearly sloshed and his only criteria for best Bond was who was the toughest -no consideration for any other factors such as suaveness, sex appeal, wit, let alone who was in the better films. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion but his increasing tendency to drunkenly shout everyone else down if they didn’t agree with him that Craig was the best bar none was embarrassing...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • IcefergIceferg Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Rogan was clearly sloshed and his only criteria for best Bond was who was the toughest -no consideration for any other factors such as suaveness, sex appeal, wit, let alone who was in the better films. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion but his increasing tendency to drunkenly shout everyone else down if they didn’t agree with him that Craig was the best bar none was embarrassing...
    Well said mate. Personally my argument is if you look into the history and statistics of both men Connery wins a street fight in his prime.

I'm not hating on Craig but I don't like him as much as Connery for a few reasons.

I know some don't like Dalton but I thought his two Bond films were great and if you look up for me he had a big impact over the atmosphere of those films. I'm not sure any other actor to play Bond has had that much impact. He pretty much insisted that they made a harder grittier version of Bond than what they had in the Moore era.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Being able to win in a boxing ring isn’t always key to winning a fight. If that was the criteria for being the best Bond, Dave Bautista would have been Bond.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    edited April 2021

Sean Connery’s Bond deftly dispatched a mob of Kobe dockworkers as we saw him progress past them on a rooftop from a birdseye view, but that’s not what people remember the most about what made him a great Bond.

I remember Craig’s Bond in CR being compared to the Terminator, but I wouldn’t conclude that’s what defines Bond as a superior agent operative. Gleaning the films and books what we can count as his fundamental traits and abilities are his excellent fighting skills, his marksmanship, driving abilities, intelligence, persuasion skills esp. with females, and as M has surmised, “the Nelson touch.” But I think focusing on fighting savagery as the singular quality that determines whether a Bond portrayal is good, is a reflection on contemporary values, which IMO is not flattering.

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    edited April 2021

Don’t forget Lazenby was a natural fighter too and loved getting into a scrap. His choice of pubs in Aus had him brawling all the time growing up. His cocky attitude and love of fighting would have had Craig on the floor in seconds. Possibly Connery too.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

They're all just actors though. Debating which is toughest is like debating which milk float is fastest 😄

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,177MI6 Agent

"They're all just actors though. Debating which is toughest is like debating which milk float is fastest"

That'd be Ernie's, emtiem 😁😁

Good point! 😂

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,033MI6 Agent

Am I the only one who thinks, “ who the hell is Joe Rogan?” Never heard of him 🤣🤣🤣

Lazenby would have floored any of the other Bond actors, he decked Oliver Reed in a bar during the filming of OHMSS when he wound Lazenby up about an Aussie playing Bond.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    edited April 2021

I think Connery would have given Lazenby a run for his money, CHB. Decking Oliver Reed (a big guy, but usually intoxicated) is one thig - but taking on an Edinburgh street gang of six is another:

https://boredomtherapy.com/s/jacket-sean-connery?as=799&bdk=0

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent

"just actors"

Bruce Lee , Hwang Jang Lee , Michael Chan , Bruce Liang begs to differ

I don't think any of them played James Bond 😄