No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    You handled that more generously than I would have, MrE.

+2
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    I wouldn't do that anyway. Not my style 

Of course you’d never rip someone off MrE...or is it MickeyMouse...I can never keep track of that 8-)
  • SevenSeven Posts: 346MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:

Oh, I´m sure anyone can "handle" things here how he pleases.

But so far, MY shipment is trackable on the way, while I notified MrE over 8 hours ago, that the tracking number provided shows no results.
    Again, no response so far.

So, why don´t we wait and see, how this whole swap is successfully "handled" in the end, yes?

And P. S.:
    I have also been reliably buying, trading and selling items here before (please compare: AJB recommended sellers resource).
    And have always kept my tone polite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2021
    Seven wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

But so far, MY shipment is trackable on the way, while I notified MrE over 8 hours ago, that the tracking number provided shows no results.

So, why don´t we wait and see, how this whole swap is successfully "handled" in the end, yes?

And P. S.:
    I have also been reliably buying, trading and selling items here before (please compare: AJB recommended sellers resource).

The tracking number didn't work? I used GXG (Global Express Guaranteed) Try using USPS website. But the service is technically FedEx so I thought it would work on their site. If that doesn't work, let me know. They gave me 2 sets of numbers.

Once you receive the shirt Seven, I hope you post pictures -{
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    It can take 24plus hours for tracking to go live. Things are running much slower due to C19.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    I think honestly we have all been there, in Sevens position... But trust / patience needed.

You do a deal, send the funds (or post precious items in this case), then when alls quiet from the other party your mind starts to work overtime.... telling you something is amiss ....

But trust is key, especially with members on this great forum. And patience remembering there are time differences as well as work / family / life that means we are all not just sat refreshing ajb....

As some know I recently struck a deal outside of eBay for a menlo situated in the US (I'm UK)... After many emails I decided to trust human nature... Sent a significant sum through paypal. Then for 8 long hours started to worry when nothing. But kept telling myself 99.99% of 007 fans are good people. Sure enough the chap replied and 3 days later it arrived...

In human goodness trust

Even more so the longstanding members on here
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    I think honestly we have all been there, in Sevens position... But trust / patience needed.

You do a deal, send the funds (or post precious items in this case), then when alls quiet from the other party your mind starts to work overtime.... telling you something is amiss ....

But trust is key, especially with members on this great forum. And patience remembering there are time differences as well as work / family / life that means we are all not just sat refreshing ajb....

As some know I recently struck a deal outside of eBay for a menlo situated in the US (I'm UK)... After many emails I decided to trust human nature... Sent a significant sum through paypal. Then for 8 long hours started to worry when nothing. But kept telling myself 99.99% of 007 fans are good people. Sure enough the chap replied and 3 days later it arrived...

In human goodness trust

Even more so the longstanding members on here

Thank you for the balanced evaluation.
    Kind regards,
    MrE wrote:
    Seven wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

And P. S.:

The tracking number didn't work? I used GXG (Global Express Guaranteed) Try using USPS website. But the service is technically FedEx so I thought it would work on their site. If that doesn't work, let me know. They gave me 2 sets of numbers.

Once you receive the shirt Seven, I hope you post pictures -{

Thank you, MrE, for the additional information and clarification.
    Tracking is now showing the shipment.
    Part of my doubts was about your turning away from using UPS, as we agreed.
    I know, you described your reasons.
    However, that way I‘ll probably not be able to pay import charges online - and fast.
    Instead, shipment will probably end with the local mail service undergoing - lengthy - customs procedures.
    Hopefully, we both receive our shirts successfully and are happy with them.
    I put a minor addition in my package as appreciation of our swap.
    Best regards,
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    I'm gonna chime in here with a remarkably similar story of my own about dealing with MrE.

In August last year MrE and I arranged a similar trade, My Brnuello belt for his TF tie.
    After many days of communication back and fourth, during which time MrE was very responsive to my emails, we finally agreed on a date and time to post our items. To be clear, we agreed to post our items on the same day.

When the day eventually rolls around, I promptly post the belt and send MrE the tracking details right then and there.
    It then takes 5 days for MrE to get around to posting the tie, radio silence in the meantime.
    The pathetic lie I got was that he "forgot" to send me tracking details. And yes, I know it was a lie because when I checked the tracking details he eventually sent me, the shipment history clearly stated when it had been originally sent, 5 days after the agreed date.

What kept me from getting a scare like 7 was knowing I could come here and there would always be some recourse to take.

I think its important you guys are aware of this just to broaden the context here. I know for a fact MrE has p*ssed off more than just me and 7 as well.
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    Update on Léa's outfit worn on the rocky beach. The belt is a brown faux crocodile '& Other Stories' piece with curved buckle and metal loop, both in a gold tone.
    Surprisingly, at this link (https://www.stories.com/en_eur/accessories/belts/product.croco-leather-belt-brown.0394988008.html) some sizes of the model are still available and at a bargain price for a ''Bond brand'', only 39 euros. So given Valentine's day is just the next week it could be the perfect gift for your Bond girl (sorry for the promo-style statement, but couldn't resist :)) )

20210204-181936.jpg

lea-seydoux-james-bond-no-time-to-die-set-in-southern-italy-09-26-2019-9.jpg

Back on track...

Good find as always Mattia, this is a nice Bond girl item indeed!
    -{
  • LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    Do we think the abundance of henleys in this film was a direct result of Cary Fukunaga? I seem to see pictures of him wearing the same white one Daniel wears over the years

5YkfBTM_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

and here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bom8_L7H8x6/
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    two Heineken Commercials we haven't seen so far, I uploaded them here because maybe someone is interested in the blue denim jacket or glasses (the one in in the 2nd spot with the tux seems to be TF) that DC wears
    https://vimeo.com/502213209
    https://vimeo.com/502213233
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    two Heineken Commercials we haven't seen so far, I uploaded them here because maybe someone is interested in the blue denim jacket or glasses (the one in in the 2nd spot with the tux seems to be TF) that DC wears
    https://vimeo.com/502213209
    https://vimeo.com/502213233
    The denim jacket is DC's personal Helmut Lang denim jacket. Not sure on the glasses or the pants/sneakers.
  • Are you sure you want to go there Bond_Ambitions? There was a delay in your shipment, let's not make mountains out of mole hills.
    By the way, the belt he sent me was damaged. I can take photos and upload them if he likes. I asked him repeatedly to tell me if it had any damage, and all he mentioned were wrinkles in the belt, not the multiple places (2) where the weave had come undone and the glue.

I didn't make a huge deal of it, because I'm not petty.
    I'll let others decide what's worse, a shipping delay, or not getting an item as described.

And Seven...The only reason I didn't use UPS is because the newbie kept reading your address back to me wrong. I could have left your package in his uncapable hands, but I instead I decided to treat you as I would want to be treated. Both of our items are scheduled to arrive on the same day. So God-willing, everything will go well from this point. No harm, no foul.
  • Has the white short sleeve henley been identified yet?
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    It then takes 5 days for MrE to get around to posting the tie, radio silence in the meantime.

Yeah. That's not cool. And I'm someone with a high threshold. I'm currently pretty pissed off about a $700 purchase I made here. The item was slow to ship, arrived in significantly worse condition than described, and I've been waiting literally *weeks* between replies. And I still haven't called him out publicly yet because I'm holding out hope that things can be resolved (really at my wire's end tho). Point being, going dark for nearly a week isn't cool when buying/selling is on the honor system. It invites resentment, anger, and worry.

If I had my druthers I'd make it forum policy to disallow "Friends & Family" sales. After everything goes through smoothly the buyer should just Paypal the additional 2% or whatever the seller paid in fees. Or add it on at purchase.
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    I won't pay anymore with Paypal "F&F" here....I have been scammed once by a member that's enough. I prefer to add the 3.5% Paypal fees and if the seller declines, I will buy elsewhere....
    JTM wrote:
    MrE wrote:
    I wouldn't do that anyway. Not my style 

Of course you’d never rip someone off MrE...or is it MickeyMouse...I can never keep track of that 8-)

Classic J
    Forgot about that !!!

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    See, I do pay here with “f and f” and frequently. I think it’s like someone else mentioned it comes down to trust in the community and if I ever was scammed, which I’ve not been to date, I would post it high and wide on the forum to let others know.

I suppose it’s also common sense: if you get a new member with a sale as his first listing then I’d be less inclined to pay “f and f”, perhaps even buy at all. I’d like to believe though that most members here are straight with one another and if they were going to rip someone off would be deterred from doing so, not least because of it being broadcast in the forum.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    See, I do pay here with “f and f” and frequently. I think it’s like someone else mentioned it comes down to trust in the community and if I ever was scammed, which I’ve not been to date, I would post it high and wide on the forum to let others know.

I suppose it’s also common sense: if you get a new member with a sale as his first listing then I’d be less inclined to pay “f and f”, perhaps even buy at all. I’d like to believe though that most members here are straight with one another and if they were going to rip someone off would be deterred from doing so, not least because of it being broadcast in the forum.
    Absolutely agree
    How I have judged my purchases and sales and so far not had any issues.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    I’ve been scammed here once but got my money back by doing some investigative work on the erstwhile AJBer and discovered his name, address, college, and place of employment (even his father’s name!). My threats were more implied than anything, but it’s amazing how quickly people will seek to make amends when you strip away their anonymity.

BTW this was a member with some history here and enough transactions for me to let my guard down when I knew better.

I wish the Trusted Seller thread worked as intended, but even that is imperfect. Some decent people have gone off the rails here during my time on the forum. I refuse to do f&f unless it’s someone I’ve dealt with in the past (JTM, I’ve bought enough of your stuff to trust you with a virtual handshake).

You can’t be too careful, alas.
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Personally, I am shocked at the lack of patience here considering many others on here defending companies failing to send items as promised - in my case, Connolly took around 9 months to send a garment bag and extra buttons after I initially receiving their Matera jacket. In many countries we have been in lockdown making any commitments near impossible. If a fellow member rips someone off, then they should absolutely be outed. However, in this recent case I think we should wait and see before tarnishing reputations IMO.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent
    Please moderate your language, there is no need for personal insults - Sir Miles

Yeah I think I do want to go there.
    You're going to blame me for a shipping delay during a global pandemic? nice one
    As for your comments about the condition of the belt, such an obvious attempt to obfuscate your poor conduct and desperately save face. Quite sad really. You can post pics if you like, but unless you have degraded the condition further, they'll show exactly what you saw in the pics I sent you. You were duly informed about the condition of the belt prior to trade. If you had any leg to stand on here you would have made these concerns known to me some 6 months ago.

By the way, I wonder what user MickeyMouse has to say about all this? ...silence is deafening
    MrE wrote:
    Are you sure you want to go there Bond_Ambitions? There was a delay in your shipment, let's not make mountains out of mole hills.
    By the way, the belt he sent me was damaged. I can take photos and upload them if he likes. I asked him repeatedly to tell me if it had any damage, and all he mentioned were wrinkles in the belt, not the multiple places (2) where the weave had come undone and the glue.

I didn't make a huge deal of it, because I'm not petty.
    I'll let others decide what's worse, a shipping delay, or not getting an item as described.

And Seven...The only reason I didn't use UPS is because the newbie kept reading your address back to me wrong. I could have left your package in his uncapable hands, but I instead I decided to treat you as I would want to be treated. Both of our items are scheduled to arrive on the same day. So God-willing, everything will go well from this point. No harm, no foul.
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    Has the white short sleeve henley been identified yet?

What a great question, and so appropriate given this is the NTTD wardrobe thread.

To my knowledge this hasn't been positively identified, but it's a pretty generic item. My guess is rag and bone but I have no idea honestly!
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    Maybe a little better version of the video should help (and the lighting too) but in the 'inside pocket' video Daniel should wear a pair of TF 5379. Judging from the thick sides and the clearer colour of the bottom half, it should be the 005 model

Then they're listed as 2017 collection, so the ad being shot in 2018...

tom-ford-5379-005-nero-altro-image-a-1100x1100w.png
    Video-Capture-20210205-221759.jpg
  • JellyfishJellyfish EnglandPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    Update on Léa's outfit worn on the rocky beach. The belt is a brown faux crocodile '& Other Stories' piece with curved buckle and metal loop, both in a gold tone.
    Surprisingly, at this link (https://www.stories.com/en_eur/accessories/belts/product.croco-leather-belt-brown.0394988008.html) some sizes of the model are still available and at a bargain price for a ''Bond brand'', only 39 euros. So given Valentine's day is just the next week it could be the perfect gift for your Bond girl (sorry for the promo-style statement, but couldn't resist :)) )

20210204-181936.jpg

lea-seydoux-james-bond-no-time-to-die-set-in-southern-italy-09-26-2019-9.jpg

Mattia, I'm always really impressed with how you find all these items. How do you do it? Do you search for the items yourself until you find them or do you have contacts in the Bond films? I'm not asking you to give away any secrets that you don't want to but it's fascinating how you manage to provide us with all these discoveries.
    If only I had a contact in the production I'd have some questions to ask :))
    No, jokes aside is the result of a very hard work: search for pics and details then look for them on the net. Like other people who have done it previously and still do it. But I confess it could take weeks if not months and the majorityof time is close, but no cigar.

It's all in the tiny little details. No tricks my friend!
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited February 2021
    Maybe a little better version of the video should help (and the lighting too) but in the 'inside pocket' video Daniel should wear a pair of TF 5379. Judging from the thick sides and the clearer colour of the bottom half, it should be the 005 model

nice
    I was also looking for the glasses, but I didn't come across the TF 5379, in terms of details, it's the closest model I've seen so far

PS the model reminds me of the glasses Colin Firth wears in A Single Man which is directed by Tom Ford himself, a great movie if you haven't seen it yet
    I remember that Firth also wears a tab collar shirt with a tie bar and pocket square in that movie
    ASMTF.jpg
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

if that's what they are it's pretty funny! Those are my reading glasses! :D

Tom-Ford-Reading-Glasses-TF5379.jpg

Tom-Ford-Reading-Glasses-Code.jpg

Jeez, they need a good cleaning! :o

Here's a slightly different angle (more front on). Not much better in terms of lighting or clarity unfortunately

Daniel-Craig-Beer-Commercial-TF-5379-005-Glasses.jpg
    Noi wrote:

nice
    I was also looking for the glasses, but I didn't come across the TF 5379, in terms of details, it's the closest model I've seen so far

PS the model reminds me of the glasses Colin Firth wears in A Single Man which is directed by Tom Ford himself, a great movie if you haven't seen it yet
    I remember that Firth also wears a tab collar shirt with a tie bar and pocket square in that movie
    ASMTF.jpg

Yes, I've come across them too. I'll follow your advise, it's on my list, but haven't found the time so far.

Thanks John for the detailed pic. For me they're the closest look I've seen so far