Bond 25 SPOILER news

Comments

• ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,270MI6 Agent
    Here is a little thought for you to ponder on. If it is delayed until November 2021? then let us not forget that 2022 is the 60th Anniversary so it might be kinda cool to have a Bond movie in said Anniversary year especially if we are all vaccinated against the lurgies by then! :v
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,537MI6 Agent
    edited November 2020
    In a new interview, french singer Dalida confirmed a song of hers will be used in NTTD. The very strange thing is that in her Twitter account it says it will be released in a limited edition vinyl on November 13th, 2021
    https://twitter.com/Dalida_forever/status/1317016382861676544?s=20

Does it mean, and I wouldn't be surprise at all, the producers have already postponed the movie again?

At this point, with no certainty about whether you can release it or not in the fixed date, I begin to share the idea it would be better a VOD release with a big screening event in London or wherever when all this mess is out.

It would certainly be amazing if this Dalida was interviewed and has sung for NTTD considering the fact that she killed herself in 1987.
    https://www.thenationalnews.com/arts-culture/looking-back-at-the-troubled-life-of-legendary-egyptian-born-crossover-star-dalida-1.2038

Of course, the song could still be used. Do we think they will make Madeleine's mother French? Mr. White's nationality was always a bit suspect. They need to explain somehow why Madeleine is speaking French when we see her first in Spectre, and she has a French accent. Doesn't Bond say she went to the Sorbonne university in Paris when he meets her?

According to Google translate the song's title translate to 'In the sleeping city'. Is this why Safin is able to walk into Madeleine's house in Norway? Has the woman, we see apparently asleep in the house with Safin standing over her, fallen asleep while listening to this Dalida?
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    In fact it's a song she recorded in 1968 in a remixed version for the movie. If you search on You Tube you can easy find the black and white version and this one.
    https://youtu.be/bEZb2OpcJE8

Also it states it's meant to release on November 13th, 2020 (actually released November 6th). So probably there was mistake in the Twitter account
    edited November 2020
    0073 wrote:
    Jflynn2112 wrote:

The third act was a major concern throughout, a real shame.

Here's a quote from Entertainment Weekly: "Here’s question: Why is any of this happening?

Here’s an answer: It’s all in Bond’s head. Because he is dying on Blofeld’s operating table."

It's an article from 2015, you can find it here: https://ew.com/article/2015/11/10/spectre-ending/

It's not the best of articles, nor is it the worst, but it puts forward an interesting proposition and maybe even a missed chance to tie down B24 and B25: What if NTTD took of from where Spectre ended? Bond sans Madeline is in the Jamaica, because he is convalescent from the brain drilling?

....just a thought...

In an interview Fukunaga actually said he considered this.
    https://collider.com/no-time-to-die-inside-james-bonds-head-idea-cary-fukunaga/
    Someone wrote:
    According to Google translate the song's title translate to 'In the sleeping city'. Is this why Safin is able to walk into Madeleine's house in Norway? Has the woman, we see apparently asleep in the house with Safin standing over her, fallen asleep while listening to this Dalida?

I think it could be a plausible option. I had thought about the song playing while Bond and Madeleine have sex in their Matera's hotel room...
    edited November 2020
    Someone wrote:

I think it could be a plausible option. I had thought about the song playing while Bond and Madeleine have sex in their Matera's hotel room...

We know that a Wall Street Journal journalist was shown the PTS and they reported that there are a lot of subtitles in the Norway sequence. Looking at Fukunaga's past work, putting a French song into NTTD would not surprise me in the least. Due to his past work I am also expecting a lot of subtitles in NTTD.
  • SeanIsTheOnlyOneSeanIsTheOnlyOne Posts: 402MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Someone wrote:

We know that a Wall Street Journal journalist was shown the PTS and they reported that there are a lot of subtitles in the Norway sequence. Looking at Fukunaga's past work, putting a French song into NTTD would not surprise me in the latest. Due to his past work I am also expecting a lot of subtitles in NTTD.

In SF there was also a French song, « Boum ! » by Charles Trenet. You can here it on Silva’s island.
    In fact it's a song she recorded in 1968 in a remixed version for the movie. If you search on You Tube you can easy find the black and white version and this one.
    https://youtu.be/bEZb2OpcJE8

Also it states it's meant to release on November 13th, 2020 (actually released November 6th). So probably there was mistake in the Twitter account

I just Googled the French release date for NTTD and it was going to be November 11th.

That Twitter account is for the 'official' Dalida website which appears to be run by her brother.
    https://dalida.com/mentions-legales.html
    https://dalida.com/orlando.html

And the website links to an 'official' Youtube channel which has a very professional looking new video for that song which is done in the style of the Bond gun barrel and titles. A lyric video, didn't they do an official lyric video for Skyfall?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZb2OpcJE8

It's a very involved Dalida fan prank if that is all it is. Maybe you can produce a video like that on a Mac in your bedroom I don't know.
  • BlindManBaldwinBlindManBaldwin Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:
    Someone wrote:

We know that a Wall Street Journal journalist was shown the PTS and they reported that there are a lot of subtitles in the Norway sequence. Looking at Fukunaga's past work, putting a French song into NTTD would not surprise me in the least. Due to his past work I am also expecting a lot of subtitles in NTTD.

Haha, that's right. It will be something to see the reaction when people go into theaters for the first time in literal year(s) to see a Bond film and are greeted with a PTS entirely in French!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    edited November 2020
    Red_Snow wrote:

Maybe. They may just be repeating the 'official' Dalida website claim. Can anyone translate what he is saying?

I'm going to laugh my head off if American director Fukunaga has made the most Euro-cinema style Bond film ever.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Posts: 33MI6 Agent
    I'm theorising that this Dalida song will likely be used during either the love scene or some sort of death scene - maybe Madeleine's mother, or her reminiscing on it or even just hearing it and it triggers a flashback or something.
    An old friend and a beer...
    129030836-133073901725339-2354651574910866653-n.jpg
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:

I'd love that! It's possible the subtitles language is French and not Norwegian, but I like it when "foreigners" speak their own language and subtitles are used.
    Do you think it could be possible, or not a reliable source? I'm not that expert about foreign press...
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mgm-inks-cloud-computing-deal-with-amazon-in-search-for-new-revenue-opportunities?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    But the actress confirmed she's 007
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    But the actress confirmed she's 007

Did she actually though? Is there a quote?

I'm sure she is, and there's more to the 003 thing than we know, but I don't know what's going on.
    Gymkata wrote:
    Possible spoiler:

There's a new book out called THE 50 GREATEST BOND CARS. It features some cars from NTTD and the following image is in the book:

j8issn0d55g61.jpg

If true, we know who Nomi is.

Back in March 2020 the code name 003 surfaced in connection with the car we see Nomi in when she picks up Bond in Norway.
    https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/972555/#p972555

This article refers to a new Aston Martin car by the code 003.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/9085103/james-bond-aston-martin-003-red-bull-racing/#comments
    I guess that codename for the Valhalla might have lead to some confusion.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    If this is an officially licensed book, I have a hard time imagining how they could have gotten that wrong.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • mark3811mark3811 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    I think your right, my take on it is that the book was presumably due to be released after the movies release meaning the 003 "secret" would be out by now, however with the movie being delayed again I think this could be a slip up by somebody either in the publishing house or Eon, just a thought
    Talking of Lashana Lynch, way way back with the April 2019 Goldeneye live 'cast reveal' broadcast I got to see the TV channel Good Morning Britain (not America) interviews and was struck by something Lashana Lynch said. I couldn't find the interview on the internet afterwards but have now found a 16 May 2019 report by the UK tabloid The Sun which has the GMB interview I saw as part of a 1min 59s video from the Live Reveal event. You can find the video at the bottom of this article:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/9085103/james-bond-aston-martin-003-red-bull-racing/#comments

An interviewer is talking to Lashana, Cary and DC at 1min into the video and listen carefully to what Lashana says at 1 min 14sec, "It's not," in response to the interviewer saying it is DC's last Bond film.

Watch Fukunaga's face as she says it.
    Hm. I actually can't find where she says 'I am 007', but they ask her 'what do you think about the people outraged that you are 007", and she doesn't deny it.

Also In the spanish dubbed trailer, when Bond is on the phone, he says "I met your new cero, cero, siete."

So I am pretty sure she is 007. I think that coffee table book is a typo.
    edited February 2021
    mark3811 wrote:
    I think your right, my take on it is that the book was presumably due to be released after the movies release meaning the 003 "secret" would be out by now, however with the movie being delayed again I think this could be a slip up by somebody either in the publishing house or Eon, just a thought

007 is the secret. They spoiled it in november because its the only thing they had to create buzz for the next 4 months.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Is there any chance Bond gets back the 007 number without her dying and she becomes 003?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Hm. I actually can't find where she says 'I am 007', but they ask her 'what do you think about the people outraged that you are 007", and she doesn't deny it.

Well they say they say that, but we have to take their word for it. That she doesn't address it at all perhaps suggests that she may not have been responding to that question at all.
    Also In the spanish dubbed trailer, when Bond is on the phone, he says "I met your new cero, cero, siete."

So I am pretty sure she is 007. I think that coffee table book is a typo.

Yes I do think she is too; I don't see why a writer would introduce a new 00, when Bond has left the service, and not make her 007. Having him meet his replacement is just what you would do in this situation, it would be weird if she wasn't 007.

It'd be like Mallory taking over from Dench's M and saying "no no, call me Gareth". He's M, of course he is! :D
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    A fantastic article by production sound mixer Simon Hayes about the Norwegian leg of the shoot.

https://www.local695.com/magazine/no-time-to-die/
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    Far too technical for me, but sound carriers very well in winter landscapes. Footsteps in cold snow or on ice have a distinctive sound that fits tense thriller scenes. I look forward to watching this scene.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    three images from a japanese magazine

Screenshot-2021-02-15-notimetodie-Hashtag-auf-Instagram-Fotos-und-Videos-1.pngScreenshot-2021-02-15-notimetodie-Hashtag-auf-Instagram-Fotos-und-Videos.png
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    edited April 2021

Hey all,

Don't know if this is the right thread to post this in, but since it is almost six months until the premier of No Time To Die, I have used my image and satellite intelligence / investigations skills to identify a location as seen in the trailer. The location is the image of the London scenes of a building that is being infiltrated as seen in the film.

It got me thinking as a Londoner as to where that location is, it turns out from my research that the filming took part near where I used to work, and hence why I recognised where the location is.

So let's have a look at some of the stills from the film and with my annotations to identify key landmarks:

So from this assessment this building is on the north side of the River Thames and is close to the city of London, so let me overlay this with a map of London to help explain:

I have highlighted the area where the building is, one thing for sure is that the building is a computer generated image, and I have used another still to add to my conclusion that the red circled area is indeed the place where the building is located.

In the above still you can see that the Southbank Tower and One Blackfriars Building is in the background. So this got me thinking about looking where the street is, and I think I have found it (10 Temple Avenue, London), have a look at the still below, and the compare it with the google street view image:

Obviously there is a difference in the viewing angle, however, I do think that this is a potential if not exact match for the street view, and also confirms that the building is indeed computer generated.

Now the building itself whilst being computer generated is probably modeled on another building in the city of London, and the building at 2 St Mary's Axe, London does look similar:

Anyway, these are some of my thoughts, but would be interested to get your thoughts

For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day