Recent Website Changes

SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M

This is going to be a simple rundown of the changes I make as and when I make them. The topic will be closed, please feel free to post a new discussion or join an existing one about any issues you have.

• Fixed quote colours (for the moment anyway)
  • Added advanced search options (I believe the plugin needs a little updating as some features don't work)
  • Added post number to each post which acts as a permalink to that post (I will fix old post redirects next) - The post date is also a permalink to that exact post.
  • Added users post counts to the user block on each post
Simon

Comments

• SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    • Add New Members box
    • Updated some styling
    Simon
    Simon
    edited March 2021
    • Fixed redirects from old Post urls to new Post URLs. If anyone has linked to a specific post in another post the link will now take you to the right place.
      • I will look into changing them in the database so we don't need the redirect
    • Tidied up footer styles
    Simon
    • Added last post date on discussions list after 'Last post by xxx'
    Simon
    • Updated styles to make it clearer when new content you haven't read is available.
    • Added an asterisk next to topics you have participated in.

Simon
    • Fixed 'edited' appearing in posts meta data even though the post hasn't been edited.

Simon
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

That's very helpful, thanks SiCo.

• Added page numbers under post title for quicker navigation to posts first and last pages.
    Simon
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,416Chief of Staff
    edited March 2021

All good moving forward 👍🏻

@SiCo Bet you will be glad when you can disappear again 🤣

YNWA 97
    edited March 2021
    • Toned down signatures
    • Enabled signatures (it appears this wasn't working)
    • Toned down the user information at the top of a post
    • Imported all old avatars if a new one had not been uploaded
    Simon
    • Fixed old avatars after initial import went wrong
    • Fixed post number count as it was showing incorrectly
    Simon
    edited November 2021
    • Updates to styles of new / unread posts in discussion & category displays. - Still not sure!
    • Highlight date of newest posts in lists.
    • Emphasised user name on posts.
    • Fixed smiley / emoji icon colour in editor (was grey all the time, now it's black like the rest).
    • Fixed quotes colouring in the editor (everything was pale grey), now they are black but italic.
    • Updated logo to include subtle gun barrel sequence, inspired by Dr. No and No Time to Die!
    Simon
    • Fixed contrast in Private Messages (Conversations) 'To' form box so the users are now darker grey and not so light.
    • Fixed clarity in login popup so the text is a darker grey.
    Simon
    • Added button in Private Messages / Conversations to create a New Message, previously this was hidden in the menu.
    Simon
    • Fixed the import of old Private Messages, all of the messages to you should now be in your Inbox. Please note that the old system had no concept of 'Private Discussions' like the new site so all the messages are single messages with no relationship to each other so I can't link them together in the new interface.
    Simon
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

As ever, thanks SiCo for all your hard work.