Daniel's hairstyle as 007

2»

Comments

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    Quantum-of-Solace-0582.jpg
  • kristopherm3kristopherm3 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    Quantum-of-Solace-0582.jpg

Thanks, I will show this image to the barber when the government permits me to have a haircut again!
    I think it's mostly blond, but it does look a little red in the above photos.

At other points, it looks more brown in QOS mostly.

Quantum-of-Solace-2068.jpg
    Quantum-of-Solace-2084.jpg

Did anyone else think the quiff in CR was a little abrupt and square?

• bsantangelobsantangelo Posts: 18MI6 Agent

Yes. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

• 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent

Honestly think this is the best Craig hair by far. It makes him look younger and much smoother.

edited March 2021

A lot has to do with the angle. Sometimes it can look quite neat. Much like this deleted scene from CR

Personally, my favourite hair look in CR is this scene......

Daniel's Bond just doesn't suit the more refined classical look in CR. It's something he grew into with subsequent films. But in CR, he looked better when he was out in the field. His styling in the suits always felt a little off.....

• Highlander338Highlander338 Posts: 3MI6 Agent

I really like Daniel's hair in CR; it suits him that stage of the character. Theoretically he has spent a significant amount of time in the military and kept his hair fairy tight, much like what he's sporting in SF; so he's getting use to having a bit more length and what to do with it.

There are moments in CR where his look is perfect, one being when he's broken into M's apartment, the other when he and Vesper are having dinner following the card game.

His hair in SF is a one off, a return to his military roots; he may have just gotten tires of dealing with it and told his barber, 'get rid of it'.

I've always thought that there was a missed opportunity, and a misstep in the PTS of SF; rather than making age an issue, something that somewhat painted the series into a corner, they could have made disillusionment Bond's motivation for "enjoying death". One way that this could have been shown would have been to have Bond looking pretty much the same as he did in CR and QoS. Following his ""death" he would be seen with the tighter cut; perhaps he did it himself or had a local do it as part of shedding all of the trappings of his MI-6 identity.

His looks for SP and NTTD look like a natural progression from CR. I actually think a less polished look suits Craig more than a every-hair-in place look.

Last but not least, Bond is sporting something in NTTD that immensely improves his appearance, EYEBROWS! Lol. Craig's tend to bleach out.

I agree 100%.

Some parts of CR it looks amazing. It suits his edgy and rough Bond (eg; PTS, Madagascar, M's flat, Bahamas and Venice). It's just a portion of the film where he has to suit him that's a little dodgy. But I like the shorter look, it suits Craig's 'bad boy' edgy vibe.

I actually think the slightly rougher, less polished look suits Craig. For example, I always liked his look during the QOS promotional tour.