Does anyone use the Categories on the right?

Does anyone use the Categories list (i.e. the forums) to the right on the discussions and post pages?

They are designed to navigate anywhere from anywhere, however in my opinion it's a bit of a mess, I can either tidy it up or remove it. Your thoughts...

Simon

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    edited March 2021

I've clicked on them a few times but they only show up on the PC version of the site, not on the mobile version. You could tidy them up a bit if you like. I use the mobile version of the site more often these days.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff

No, I’ve never used them...and doubt I ever will...certainly not in the current format anyway.

YNWA 97
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent

Nope haven't used them.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Haven't used them.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

I havent used them yet, but now that you mention it they're right there no matter where you are, it saves going back up to the top of the "directory structure" and back down again. Can just click directly from one subforum to another. one less click or two is always good!

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

I like the idea of being able to very quickly navigate to a specific forum via the categories list on the right of the screen, however I don't use it all that much so I wouldn't consider it an essential feature and wouldn't have any problem with it being removed.

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

I've been using "Recent Discussions," which is pretty easy to navigate. The trouble with "Categories" is you aren't shown if there's anything new or a reason to go anywhere in them.

Vox clamantis in deserto
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,177MI6 Agent

I have used them and find them useful, but I could also do without them. Recent Discussions is fine as it tends to have what is most recent on the opening page. As I am logging in almost every day ATM Recent Discussions is okay for me.