Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

The Queens statement says one thing of note ... 'While some recollections may vary' is very loaded. It's a very polite British way of calling them liars.

On a side note, Piers Morgan has left GMB following him walking of air this morning when a colleague called him diabolical during a heated discussion about Harry and Meghan. The Fallout is reaching far and wide ....

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    edited March 2021

The phrase "and heads will roll" comes to mind. Quite appropriate really as it concerns the Royal Family...

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent

I have problems with some of what Harry and Meghan have said and done. Still, it's clear the couple, and especially Meghan, has had a difficult time.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent

Granted, and something that has already been confirmed in the 61 word statement issued this evening by HM The Queen.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Something has gone terribly wrong and to be honest, I've always blamed Harry. He obviously didn't help prepare her and he more than anyone knew what he was bringing her into.

edited March 2021

It all went wrong for Prince Harry when he wore that Nazi armband at that friend's fancy dress party back in 2005. Of course he apologised for that after it was splashed all over the UK press. He's always had a habit of bringing bad press upon himself and by extension the monarchy as an institution. I've never been keen on him since that time (no harm meant to him) and I feel that Prince William is a much safer pair of hands. As a monarchist I'm relieved that William is now much further up the line of succession than Harry, thanks to having had three children with Kate.

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

I‘ve not watched the interview in full but to me, it looks that Meghan for long time ago totally took over control in that relationship and that he basically does what she wants and tht‘s it.

I see another divorce upcoming in the Royal Family in some years when he comes to his senses.

That aside Piers Morgan ( who is imo a pathetic prick) resigned after having constantly slammed Meghan for years now after his recent fallout with his colleagues over Meghan.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

Don't worry about Piers. There's a new news channel starting here called GB News owned by one Rupert Murdoch. A Fox News lite. Andrew Neil is running the show.

The smart money is that they have been chasing Piers and he's decided to go for it.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,059Chief of Staff

I feel a new Imaginary Conversation coming on, where Denise Richards wonders what Piers Brosnan will do, now he's quit his TV show.

My first reaction on hearing that Piers Morgan had walked out of his job was to suggest we put the hat round and have a collection for the poor chap. I'm sure he must be short of a bob or two and every little helps. You don't know the relief it is to read that he's going to be OK employment wise. ;)

My first rereaction on hearing that Piers Morgan had walked out of his job today was to suggest we put the hat round and have a collection for the poor chap. I'm sure he must be short of a bob or two and every little helps. You don't know the relief it is to read that he's going to be OK employment wise. ;)

edited March 2021

My first reaction on hearing that Piers Morgan had walked out of his job was to suggest that we put the hat round and have a collection for the poor chap. I'm sure he must be short of a bob or two and every little helps. You don't know the relief it is to read that he's going to be OK employment-wise. ;)

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,178MI6 Agent

Yes. Lady Rose, you have hit it on the nail. It was stunning to think he never even mentioned to Meghan she would need to courtsy to the Queen. How dense is that? To be fair to her, it does sound as if she had no appreciation of Harry's previous difficulties either. Perhaps the two of them, despite being intelligent and capable, are too insular and a little dense because of it. I found the protocol detail quite astonishing and can only imagine how restricting it must have felt. Still, I dont think the pair are handling the situation well at all. Either you want a quiet life or you dont and this is not quiet.

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    edited March 2021

I was going to reply to this yesterday and then got called away. I now find I can't delete it. Anyone have any clues?

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent

We've all had to haven't we ? I certainly did, as we all just got random default pics 🤷

It was either that.....or the priesthood
    edited March 2021

Yes, and interestingly my avatar from MI6 Community showed up here as soon as the site changed over to the new software. I think it must be because both forums use the same Vanilla software and that avatar was therefore my placeholder. As I have a different username over there I changed my avatar here back to the one I've had for years. It also hopefully helps to avoid confusion between the two Bond forum memberships.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent

My sympathies were with Harry and Meghan mostly because, well, I think they came up against the British State. It's the courtiers that do it, but there's the sense that Wills and Kate were prepared to throw them under the bus to the media, almost like they were there to draw fire. The media seemed to be going for the pair because they wouldn't go for the heirs, they wanted that story to run for the next century. The whole 'Ah, Kate made her cry so let's instead say it was Meghan who did it' is typical of the petty counterclaim stuff you get from State operatives. You just want out from that sort of thing, it's toxic, it's a gilded cage.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

I just listened to a podcast where the Harry and Meghan interview was discussed. Was that interview the ultimate clash between Hollywood and Buckingham palace? Between a culture of duty to the institution keeping quiet about private life on one hand, and a very individualistic culture where sharing your private life is almost the core of the culture.

I still haven't seen most of the interview, but I understand Megan and Opera Winfrey gasped in horror when Meghan shared that she had to curtsey to the queen.

The podcast also mentioned something a Norwegian-Pakistan wrote in a newspaper. He compared the royal family with the clan system in Pakistan. In the clans the family is the most important institution that requiers a lot of loyalty and the person marrying into a clan must conform. I imagine the clan system in Pakistan is often medieval in nature and the roots of royalty in Europe are also medieval, so I found the comparison relevant.

That sounds about right @Number24.

This will probably come across wrong but American just don't get the idea of a Royal Family. It is an anathema to them

Europe has had RF's for over a thousand of years. The first King of England was in the 9th century so it's not something to just shrug off.

Take the incident that Meghan made Kate cry. Meghan now claims that that is not true and it was the other way around. She cannot understand why it was never corrected by the palace. What Meghan doesn't get is that the palace would [i]never[/i] correct something they would regard as so trivial and insignificant. The RF never explains itself especially in regards to the internal goings on with family members. Even the people of the UK would not have expected the Palace to comment on that but Meghan has obviously felt seriously aggrieved and all these small things have led to much bigger problems.

Yes, the royal family's refusal to comment on most things is a part of it. In modern culture we comment on everything in public and displaying our emotions in public is seen as natural and a right. The royals rarely do this, and quite rightly. If they started doing this they will become common celebrities. I don't think Opera or Meghan understands this. I'm not saying one view is wrong and the other is right, I'm just sying they're different.

I just watched a talk show where actress, model, TV presenter and fashion designer Jenny Skavlan revealed she screen tested for a Bond girl in London "many years ago". The host asked if she screentested with Pierce Brosnan, and she replied "no, no". Skavlan was seventeen when DAD was released and she did her first role as an adult in 2008, so we can assume she screentested for one of Craig's Bonds and simply said "no" to be nice to the host. She also called her English "strange". I don't recall ever hearing her speak English, but let's believe her and assume she has an accent. It's likely she screentested for SPECTRE. EON was looking for a Scandinavian actress before they cast Lea Seydoux. Jenny Skavlan was 28-29 at the time and she had done some popular Norwegian movies. I believe it was said eight Scandinavian actresses screentested for the role in London. In that case we probably know of two of them: Synnøve Macody Lund and Jenny Skavlan.

She is no great character actress, having been in comedies, several horror and horror/comedies and two car racing movies. But she is really funny and strikingly beautiful.

Google her name on Google Images and enjoy your evening 😁

Actually she speaks English and does action in the short film "Justice is served", so if anyone is interested (you never know) you can google "Jenny Skavlan" + "Justice is served".

Daniel Craig is reprising his Bond role for UKs comic relief, he is once again teaming up with Comedian Catherine Tait for a sketch featuring Bond being interrogated by the foul mouthed Gran ! BBC1 tomorrow evening.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

ooh I hope this circulates online and I get a chance to see it. I liked Craig's SNL skits, from a year ago now (!)

he may now have done more non-canonical Bond appearances outside the films than any previous Bond. These should all be compiled one day, either officially by EON, or as a fanmade bootleg if EON cant/wont do it.

Do you mean Catherine Tate (sp) from Doctor Who? her season was my favourite of the 21st century Doctor Who's , she should have a good comic rapport with the grim glowering Craig

If it's anything like the last one he did I'm sure it'll be hilarious. 🙄

Yes that's her, she did a comic relief sketch before with DC where they were dating and she ditched him for being too needy 🤣 this one sees her as one of her best known characters the foul mouthed Gran

😂😂😂

• Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent

Woah things have really changed around here Q

a reasonable rate of return