Coronavirus

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff

And the EMA says that none of those 13 CSVT’s can be linked to AZ vaccine 🀷🏻‍♂️

Did your Mr Karl Lauterbach also say that? πŸ‘€πŸ€”πŸ€£

YNWA 97
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent

Dad got his first shot of the Pfizer vaccine today. Hurray! He ran into a former neighbour and classmate of mine who got the first shot earlier this week because of pure luck. The vaccination station had four vaccines left at the end of the day that had to be used then or thrown away the next day. She worked just accross the street, soo... 😊

She said she had to stay in bed the next day due to side-effects, and she is middle aged and as far as I know she has no pre-existing conditions. Not surpriseing (but tragic) that very old people died because if this in January.

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited March 2021

I know how you love to splitting hairs, Sir Miles.

Lauterbach said, that 10 cases can be connected to AZ vaccination -yes.

He also said, that there is no 100% evidence but the circumstances show a direct connection and because of that he‘s sure that those are directly connected to AZ.

Apologies when I have shortened his statements earlier - it will turn out later that he was right - and EMA will confirm this at a later point of time!

At the same time, Lauterbach endorsed AZ because the benefits outweight the risk and he also expressed his disagreement to temporarily suspend AZ in Germany and parts in Europe.

He also said, that he‘d take an AZ jab any day and I am sure that he will when it‘s his turn.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

The EU lets the AZ vaccinations continue, Norway doesn't, - at least not yet. I understand the EU calculates there will be more damage if people don't get the AZ vaccine than if they don’t. I guess that's cold, but correct.

I guess the last word in the above post should be "true" instead of "correct"?

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent

Penicillin can be lethal to some people but I don't think anyone can deny it has been a miraculous in the amount of lives it saves and has saved, it's a shame that coronavirus vaccines have become political footballs for some. Last I heard which was yesterday the Oxford az had not been linked to the blood clots, and the whole "it's dangerous for the elderly" accusations have been debunked.

It was either that.....or the priesthood
    edited March 2021

Actually, nobody said that AZ is dangerous for the elderly.

It has been always pointed out, that there are not enough data for the use of AZ with elderly patients.

Same applies AZ linked to blood clots.

For days now, it‘s pinpointed that the rare brain bloodclots are observed more than expected.

Normal bloodclots (which are less lethal and severe) there is no increase observed for the use of AZ - there is no dispute about that!

I think the 23 people at senior homes here in Norway who died in January after Pfizer vaccines were around a hundred years old and their health was frigile. I don't get the impression most old people have anything to fear from the vaccine.

Dangerous as in it was stated to be "quasi effective" for people over 65 and therefore the danger lies in vaccinated people still having high risk of contracting covid.

edited March 2021

How long are you intending to ride on that genuine mistake by Guardian/Handelsblatt which has been corrected and communicated clearly after a couple of hours?

Your accusation was „it's dangerous for the elderly" accusations have been debunked.“ and not the hesitance of older people getting vaccinated because of that wrong information.

Germany will be picking up vaccinating AZ from tomorrow and so do many European States.

Information material will be amended and the potential risk of the rare brain blood clotting will be communicated in the disclaimers.

First time I've commented on it so I've not been riding that at all tbh

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

And was it a genuine mistake by Macron spreading incorrect information based on nothing but a political grievance?

Macron did more damage than any of the anti-vaxxers.

From how I understand it, Macron pumped millions of Euros into the French vaccine that the EU were mostly going to rely on, but that vaccine was abandoned.

edited March 2021

EU pumped 400 Million $ into AZ in 2020.

Sanofi announced Mid December 2020 that their vaccine doesn‘t work, at a time when AZ was not even approved by the EMA.

So why would Macron burn AZ well knowing that he doesn‘t get Sanofi as an alternative.

This is all rubbish released by certain circles in the UK - I‘ll not speculate about the reasons.

A pattern of populists is always that they are create an atmosphere that they are being victimized and attacked by someone from „outside“

No, not splitting hairs at all...was more like trying to pull your leg about this Karl fella getting it wrong - or not proven at best...especially with EMA (along with many others) saying the AZ vaccine is safe...

After Germany deciding to pause the use of the vaccine there has been an exponential rise in cases again πŸ™ˆ

YNWA 97
    edited March 2021

Rubbish,

The exponential rise * because of the pausing will be seen in 2 weeks.

Numbers are up because the states insisted on opening everything up 2 weeks ago while having been warned by most of the scientists - including Karl Lauterbach.

And I don‘t find it funny gleeing about rising numbers.

How would you feel if I‘d have done that

*if any - AZ vaccinations are relatively low here because AZ supplies low against the contract that they have with us while fully supplying the UK still.

A guy I talked to last night has found the ultimate self-isolating sceme. Today he's checking into a hotel for testing and quaratene. Then he's going on the island of Jan Mayen in the Svalbard/Spitsbergen islands in the Arctic with a couple of dozen people on a metherogical/surveilance station - for six months! Obviously no corona restrictions aply there. That's extreme measures!

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

That’s crazy. I think I’d rather get Corona again.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

He's been there before, he even spent time in the research station in Antarctica. I was "a bit" inaccurate in my previous post.

Jan Mayen is not a part of Svalbard. The island is roughly midway between Norway and Grenland, or midway between Iceland and Svalbard. There are 18 people station ed there for six months at the time. Most work for the Meterological Institute, but a few work for the Cyber Defence.

Glee in rising numbers?

Who are you aiming that at?

Obviously not me because I clearly didn’t, anyone can see that.

YNWA 97
    edited March 2021

So why posting πŸ™ˆ

Perhaps the two of you should enter sone kind of quaratine for a while? πŸ€”

Your post makes no sense 🀷🏻‍♂️

I understand that’s usual though πŸ‘€

YNWA 97

Quarantine for what exactly? 🀷🏻‍♂️

YNWA 97

Maybe I overreacted, but it sounded like the two of you needed a cooling down period. Perhaps I've just gotten too jumpy?

I think you did - certainly from my point of view anyway 🀷🏻‍♂️

I’m perfectly fine...and I’m not even arguing, or even being contradictory...πŸ™ˆ

Im just perplexed as to why Higgins accused me of taking glee in rising coronavirus numbers - when it’s obvious I clearly didn’t πŸ™„ I assumed we were having a grown up conversation 🀷🏻‍♂️

YNWA 97
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

The UK managed a record breaking day of vaccines administered yesterday. 844,285 in one day.

That means nearly 27 million people in the UK have been vaccinated.

When I went for mine the organisation was phenomenal.

I concur on the organisation...It was less than 5 mins from going in to going out after the vaccination πŸ‘πŸ»

YNWA 97
    edited March 2021

You are perplexed?

Well, you are just ignorant enough to realize that adding that πŸ™ˆ emoji turned your post into the direction of glee and schadenfreude which was totally inappropriate!

Not that I have expected that you reflect for one second that you could have done something wrong!

So much about the „grown up conversation“.

And just incase that Barbel says „ all too personal - guys“ - Sir Miles is not able to stop picking on and on when he thinks that he has something where he can put a lever on.

This discussion has been closed.