Coronavirus

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited March 2021

We‘ll see how this plays out.

According to a UK spokeswoman, UK are expecting millions of doses from Halix in the coming week.

The feeling grows here, that AZ and the UK government are taking us for a ride!

Incompetence would be more on AZ side. They promised 120 million doses for the EU and supplied 30 million.

In my opinion it‘s high time that the EU show some teeth.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

Matt Hancock confirmed today why AZ is prioritising the UK over Europe. He said that the UK had an exclusivity deal and the EU had a 'best efforts' deal.

Interesting developments over the past couple of days. Both Merkel and Macron apologising and the EU issuing a joint statement with UK. The EU seem to be finally accepting they have dropped the ball with this one and were in serious danger of doing major repetitional damage.

'British production sites are manufacturing for Britain and the United States is not exporting, so we are reliant on what we can make in Europe,' Merkel said.

I was looking at Israel's stats this morning and they are phenomenal. Vaccines work.

edited March 2021

As Merkel apologizing, you may have gotten something out of context.

He apology was to the german people and it was nothing about vaccinations.

Interesting what Hancock says.

And even more interesting what he hasn‘t said.

I am sure that this is not the end and wouldn‘t be surprised if in the end both the Uk government and AZ are found out later for massive cheating to the detriment of the EU - but that will be too late then.

Watch this space.

• Ens007Ens007 EnglandPosts: 863MI6 Agent

Let's just face it - it's all apparently the UK's fault & the dear old EU are absolutely heaven sent with everything 😴

In the interest of variety, is there any chance of focusing on any positives to have now emerged with this situation??

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,172MI6 Agent
    edited March 2021

Liver disease might have taken a downturn...

Agh, I'm being too petty.

I had my AZ jab on Tuesday and am currently struggling with awful flu-like side-effects. Much worse than I get with the annual influenza vaccine. If this is what Covid's like I seriously don't want it.

Very sorry to hear you’re not too well Chrisno1 ... fingers crossed for a very speedy recovery.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    edited March 2021

I think Denmark and Norway are the only countries left in Europe not distributing AZ vaccines and that may change in the next few days.

It was suppose "not distributing" in the above post, of course. Is there a function i New AJB for fixing posts that I don't know of?

Next to Post 1498 of 1497 is a little wheel.

Press it and you can edit your post

Thanks. 👌

Quite.

I'm just glad we seem to have finally got our act together at last.

I'm pretty concerned now of the fact my friend has just had a jacuzzi installed in her garden and is planning a get together in the garden when we're allowed.

Let's just say I'm not swim suit ready after a year in lockdown!!

As for a decrease in liver disease? I doubt it. 😂 😉

edited March 2021

So, after weeks of "AZ does not prefer the UK" "The AZ UK produced doses are for the UK and the EU produced doses are not" and recently the

Quote Lady Rose : >>Turns out that non of those 29 million vaccines where headed to the UK after all <<

it turned all out to be lies - as expected!

So the UK have a preferred contract edge over the EU?

Let's see the contracts! I don't believe a single word from AZ * and BOJO has a record of taking every opportunity to cheat for his own benefit - particularly as he’s totally desperate in the eye of how he has managed Covid so far (talking about incompetence....)!

Now rant about Macron if that makes you feel better!

As for the "best efforts" clause - we'll see how that will be interpreted at a later point of time as there are very different positions about it if it's really like that in the contracts at all!

As for Quote Sir Miles: >>After Germany deciding to pause the use of the vaccine there has been an exponential rise in cases again 🙈<<

AZ has a contract to deliver 120 million doses until 31. March and they have supplied 30.

That is one of the main reasons why the rise is exponentially and thousands of people are dying because of this!

*and none of the EU officials do for quite some time!

Now Norway and Denmark has decided to extend the pause of the AZ vaccinations.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,416Chief of Staff

It’s amazing how the EU complain about possible side effects of the AZ vaccine but then decide to pause using it anyway 🙄

It’s extremely clear that the EU messed up - amazing how it’s everyone else’s fault but theirs...kinda reminds me of someone that 🤔👀

YNWA 97
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,416Chief of Staff

Really? Was I not cryptic enough 👀🤣🤗

YNWA 97

Are there any EU countries other than Denmark that's pausing the AZ vaccinations today?

edited March 2021

As many as half of the people offered a vaccine this week (at least in some places) didn't show up for the vaccination. Why? They needed to stay at their cabin during Easter. This makes perfect sense because saying in the cabin for Easter is very important for Norwegians, perhaps even more important than reading and watching crime fiction during Easter. So we're not strange at all, you see.

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Yes, when you put it that way, it makes perfect sense...

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Yes, without me contectualizing it could have sounded crazy. 😜

I had Pfizer and also had a sore arm but that's no different to the one I have every year when I have my flu vaccine.

America seems to be getting their jabs done now.

• You Know My Name007You Know My Name007 Posts: 91MI6 Agent

Typical Germans cant get any thing done at the moment ( so called european savers )

whats the country coming to going to the dogs since 2015

the usa and uk are well infront of them ( i have family in both lands so i do know whats going on )

by the way not anti german ( wife is one and i live here )

just want tell it like it is

edited March 2021

Very subtile and differentiated analysis 😂😂

2015 - refugee crisis!

I guess that you are not a big humanitarian?

Let them all drown in the Med, heh?😒

Why don‘t you move back to the UK when it‘s so much better?

Fact:

Today 126.000 Covid deaths in the UK and 76000 in Germany ( not that that is really good)

And germans can‘t get anything done...

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

That's enough of that, both of you. Keep matters impersonal or take it to PMs.

• You Know My Name007You Know My Name007 Posts: 91MI6 Agent
    edited March 2021

[Edited by Barbel. Did you not read my post above?

Choose your next post carefully, You Know My Name007. It may be your last.]

edited March 2021

Canada has suspended using AZ for women below 55 of age.

Some german counties are doing this since yesterday, as well the famous Charite in Berlin.

So far, 33 cases of brain bloodclots habe been reported in Germany alone.

That's fine. Just stop whining about it. Use it or don't.

Leave AZ alone and just take any of the other vaccines that are now available and give it to countries that will use it. It's safe and it's cheap because it's produced at cost so it's available for poorer countries.

Germany and Canada can do what they want even though it's not based on anything at all and all the health organisations have repeatedly said there is no evidence to back it up. The medical consensus also seems to be it's more dangerous not to vaccinate.

There's probably more chance of you getting blood clots from using a contraceptive pill but that doesn't stop millions of women taking it without giving it a thought.

We'll carry on vaccinating and watch our numbers plummet.

edited March 2021

Not sure who was whining - I certainly wasn‘t

It‘s a bit more complex. I am 56 and male, my risk of getting Covid is significantly higher than getting a brain bloodclot from the vaccination.

That assessment may be totally different with a 25 year old nurse.

It was a general stop whining. Use the vaccine or don't.

I'll bet money that a 25 year old female nurse will have been on a contraceptive pill or been on a plane and not thought twice about blood clots and I'd bet further money that the risk of blood clots from either of those is higher than the AZ jab.

This discussion has been closed.