The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent

Wow, I've heard some poor chat up lines before, but that's remarkable ! ๐Ÿคฃ

It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,702MI6 Agent

Really? I thought it was 007 level sauveness ๐Ÿ˜

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

Ignore Chriscoop ... he doesn't appreciate your suaveness.

I think everyone is so bored and fed up with lockdowns we can't even be bothered to come the virtual pub anymore!

I'm genuinely concerned if I'll ever be able to interact with a human being face to face ever again ๐Ÿ˜‚

In fact we may become so socially akward we'll all wear masks to hide our shyness!

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Well it's only two weeks until we can go back back to the pub here in the U.K., so this is the perfect place to get some practice in. As it's Sunday morning, could I have a large coffee please and a full English breakfast?

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Better make that two, if it's not too late.

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent

It’s never too late!

Here you go, I’m having the same meself.

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

Thanks, TB2, how are you doing?

Hi, TB2 and Barbel. Are you interested in a Where Eagles Dare watchalong? It's happening next month.

I'm still interested, N24. A favourite film, looking forward to seeing it again. And I totally adore the score by Ron Goodwin.

Broadsword calling Danny Boy....

That's right, You've already said you're interested and I've experiencing early symptoms of senility for the last fourty years or so.

This was an early salvo of promotion for the watchalong, later to become as unreasonably numerous and uninterupted as shots from Clint Eastwood's submachine gun.

Fun fact- Eastwood and Burton came to an agreement early on that Burton would do most of the talking, Eastwood would do most of the shooting. Can't remember the exact quote but it makes sense.

edited March 2021

It makes a lot of sense. Eastwood does silence better than most, and I think he remove most of his lines from the spagetti western scripts too.

Yes, it's a great score. I recently bought a copy of the FSM edition (with the full soundtrack) on eBay - expensive but highly enjoyable.

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

It’s nice to see a few people in the SABS at last, a Long Island Ice Tea, please.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

As long as we sit outside in groups of no more than six it's ok, CHB. Fortunately from the SABS balcony, we have an excellent view of the other threads down below. From what I can see, the audiobook threads are going like a Mexican wave again; discussions about Pierce Brosnan's collar dimensions have finally died down; and there's an uneasy truce in the Coronavirus thread - I don't like it, it's giving me the creeps, something's going on...

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters

Very nice! Somehow I've listened to the complete score before but sadly I don't own the FSM soundtrack release - I don't remember what dastardly piratical act I committed to access it. However I do have a vinyl LP copy which I enjoy playing every now and again, and I think it has most of the key score cues. One bit that I enjoy on the expanded release is I think called 'Sting on Castle' - a really nice statement of the main title theme.

The funny thing about the Where Eagles Dare main title theme is that when I first watched the film I recognised the theme as a bit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I don't recall who scored that film, but they 'borrowed' a bit of Goodwin's Where Eagles Dare at one point in the movie.

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I'll have a pint of shandy with a macallan 12 year chaser please ! Lovely weather in my part of the world today, though a bit warm for the work I've been doing !

I didn't come here last night and order several stiff drinks, though perhaps I should have. Might do that later.

In the meantime, I'd like the full breakfast please with unlimited coffee refills and plenty of toast.

"The problem always is", [Bond] explained to Vesper, "not how to get enough breakfast but enough toast to go with it".

Of course he was really talking about caviar, but close enough.

Ah yes, your Coronavirus thread is going very well I see ๐Ÿคฃ possibly best to replace it with something like a "other film scores inspired by the music of the James Bond Films" a full British breakfast sounds tempting, but I had one each morning over the Easter weekend, with some fried bread and plenty of rounds of toast! ( I always like a bit of tiptrees on a bit of a toast after the main event !

Enjoy your meal โ˜•

edited April 2021

I just saw Trump is a man of great and sophisticated taste when it comes to beverages. Let's raise a glas (of Coke Zeroin my case) to all Coke products! ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿ˜Š

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent
    edited April 2021

A dram of your finest single malt please barman to raise a glass to the Duke.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

To the Duke!

edited April 2021

To the Duke!

(since he was a Fleming-reading Bond fan like us I think we should keep an eye on the membership activity. If a member stops posting yesterday and then never posts again...... Phillip! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ)

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Morning! I'll raise a glass in a toast to the Duke too - may he rest in peace - and to the imaginary premieres. Those were fun to do!

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

In memory of the Duke! He was one of our own. ๐Ÿฅƒ

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Happy Monday everyone, I'll have a pint of beer please,delivered to the outside table I pre booked please ๐Ÿ˜

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent

Sorry for the long Silence Barbel, I have been so busy of late though work, spent most of my spare time sleeping! Now lockdown is easing in Wales again, I am hoping to get out of the house more, esp at the weekends. Oh and I have had Vaccine Jab 1. That was interesting, to say the least!

Have I missed much in here?

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

I'm glad you have spent so much time sleeping, a fine activity! Hopefully we'll see you around more in the future.