Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Comments

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

I think it’s mostly down to sales being relatively low, and there not being that many out there. Once the film has been out for a few months and they have sold thousands of them, the more you’ll see them on the second hand market. And once that happens, the prices will start dropping.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent

I’d be interested if anyone has a V1 Bracelet to sell and would cover the costs of a replacement version 2.

• jacekalanjacekalan GdyniaPosts: 73MI6 Agent

Is there any chance to order V1Bracelet from anywhere? I suppose Omega is no longer offering V1 bracelet for sale. I was in no hurry to buy the watch, but the change in the design of the bracelet ruined my plans :D That is why I was thinking about buying the bracelet separately and purchase the NATO version of the watch at a later date.

• PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent

I know screen accuracy is important but take it from me, the v1 is a flawed design. I had mine separate after 9 months.

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent

Can you share more details? We've seen a handful of pictures passed around from (before you) unknown sources, and I'm curious about the context of the separation.

I am on my 3rd NTTD watch and my second bracelet. The Lume was very weak with the first watch. I waited nearly 4 months for a replacement. The replacement had some defect that made the minute hand spin. The 3rd one works fine. Same Bracelet on all 3, have had it sine July of 2020. The watch was been in the Atlantic ocean, Gulf of Mexico, Snorkeling in Jamaica and I wear it a lot.

I walked into my house a couple of weeks ago and it was dangling from my wrist. I don't remember hitting anything or any reason it would split like it did, but it completely spit on one side. Really glad it didn't happen in a place where the watch would be lost.

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

Was that the first version of the bracelet, Paperbill? I’m glad you got a good one in the end! 😄

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent

Ouch!

I have to wear mine tight or slack as inbetween holes. I have a V2

Instagram - bondclothes007

I've had version 1 all along until now. They would replace the watch buy but the bracelet

• JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent

Scary stuff! Glad it happened in a safe environment where you caught it right away instead of snorkeling!

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent

Paperbill, or anybodyin the states and uk would you be able to help me get the v1 strap from your dealer ? im in indonesia and the dealers only have access to the v2 strap. i have a cousin in washington0 and london if ur able to help in the strap hehe hope to hear from you soon

Yes i did ride the CAT

It’s a total guess but I don’t think any dealer will sell the V1 strap even if they had any: I would imagine it could potentially leave them liable to pay for repairs to any damage to a watch caused by falling off the wrist due to the faulty strap.

edited May 2021

What do you mean? Only a few of them turn up faulty and the straps break and the customer service is appalling and they might lose your watch in the mail and offer you an inferior alternative. Otherwise they’re great! 😄

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Bad experiences will be the loudest and most passed around. They're not excusable, of course, but the perceived ratio of good to bad experiences is a little off due to the noise level; we don't tend to run in here and talk about experiences that go off without incident. (I myself am guilty of this with a recent N Peal ordeal.)

For balance, I am at least seven experiences in with my local Omega boutique, and every one of them has been fantastic. My '57 anniversary 300 recently had an issue, was out of warranty, and they nevertheless serviced it as under warranty, communicating each step and turning it around in a timely fashion.

My NTTD bracelet hasn't broken yet, but I'll keep you all posted...

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Hi I’m considering getting this watch. I’d appreciate views from those who’ve bought one.I’ve got the SF PO LE which I love. I’ve read positive and negative reports.

I’ve waxed and waned on it early on not that sold on the colour. I actually liked the look of the new SM 300 in blue, black or grey.

But recently the look has grown on me as being pretty unique and cool.

I should say I’m not troubled about whether it’s a good investment or not .

I expect in the end I’ll make a decision on an emotional basis after seeing the film thanks

Anthony
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent

Sometimes there’s just No Time to Delay 😍

Yes. Considerably!

Congrats!

• ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    Yes. Considerably!

That fits you very well!

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Received my Omega great service. It’s a fantastic watch ( a lot lighter than my PO Skyfall LE

Anthony
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    edited October 2021

Congratulations - I’ve had mine for over a year now; worn it every day and absolutely love it!

Yes. Considerably.

Congrats @007Downunder 👍️

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Out of interest. Did the Nato make it into the film e.g Nomi?

I didnt spot it at all

Ah thought so - thanks!

Guess all about Omega model variation

I thought it made a brief appearance but no action or screen time;

It does irk me though that Bond's watch is arguably supposed to be the same watch as his old original military issue and has aged over years of service in the field, yet the young 00 Nomi is wearing an identical watch. It's all just marketing I know, I know..

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Much like those Palladium shoes...

• QuantumofSolangeQuantumofSolange UKPosts: 133MI6 Agent

Hi all,

I've been umming and ahing about this watch. Whilst in previous Bonds I've never paid attention to the watches, the design caught my eye this time because of the milanese strap and vintage look. Although I am disappointed there is no date and the 007 logo on the back does irk me. That aside, I did go in to try it on at the Omega Boutique near Liverpool St Station, I liked it but it's still close to £8k, and would be nice if they threw in the NATO strap for that much.

However, some of the comments and experiences in here have given me pause, and while conceding to the quote from a member's earlier post "the worst experiences shout the loudest" (ah found it, credit to HalfMonk HalfHitman), I'm still uneasy about making the plunge.

When speaking to the sales consultant about the bracelet breaking he'd said it was the first he'd heard of it, that if it did happen it would be covered by brand warranty and in order to break it "it would be quite a challenge given it's grade 2 titanium, the hardest steel used in watches". I've also been told that the watch is a "limited production" and if want one I should buy one soon as they're in "high demand".

These statements if anything are pushing me away from buying and towards waiting to purchase a second hand one at a later date. I do have an instinctive distrust of sales people or anyone trying to push a sale so perhaps I'm being unfairly harsh or cynical here but I'd appreciate any feedback from current watch owners who've had both good and bad experiences.

QoS

Yes but my martini's still dry.

There are strong rumours that it will be discontinued next year. And they upgraded the bracelet so no worries on it failing now.

This watch has been an anomaly. I may have to eat humble pie here and re-assess my statement that it will be available at lower prices in the future as people sell. It’s been two years now and that’s not been the case. Second hand examples have been selling for more. Which is just mad. Omega seem to have struck the right note with this watch and the lower price preowned watches probably won’t happen if the last two years are anything to go by. And expect another price hike too. It’s already happened on 1st Dec for most of the other lines. Just a matter of time. I predict a black dial, black bezel non faux lume version of this watch next year. With a more Speedmaster style bracelet. That will be a game changer for Omega, if you ignore the fact that the NTTD Seamaster was already.