A View to a Kill - Audio Drama of 1985 Film

DavidJonesDavidJones BermondseyPosts: 253MI6 Agent
edited April 2021 in General James Bond Chat

Does anyone know where I can find a new audio drama of A View to a Kill?

A snippet of it was included in the James Bond and Friends podcast episode 'Watchalong with A View to a Kill'.

It sounds great and I'd love to hear the whole thing!

The snippet can be heard at the beginning of the pod - link here:

https://www.thejamesbonddossier.com/podcast/james-bond-friends/james-bond-friends-episode-0062-watchalong-with-a-view-to-a-kill.htm

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    edited April 2021

Sounds like it's probably from one of those old 'turn the page now' storybooks with audiotapes they used to do in the 80s. I didn't even know they did one for AVTAK!

I used to have an Airwolf one 😊

• DavidJonesDavidJones BermondseyPosts: 253MI6 Agent
    edited April 2021

That's exactly what it is! Thank you for your help :)

No problem @DavidJones 😊

Looks like they got Michael Shannon as Bond from the cover image 😁

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

From another podcast that featured Mark Edlitz I learned that they did one of those for Moonraker as well. Mark played an excerpt from it on the podcast. I remember having a few of those types of tapes as a child with a read along book but unfortunately I never had a Bond one!

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

It sounds like they really skipped the best bits though!

I would have been fun if they'd done a full-on Fleming adaptation though. "Bond's testicles were being beaten to a pulp: turn the cassette over now" :D

• GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent

They should've had Bowie voice Zorin on that cassette , that would've been interesting (but his fee would be astronomic though)

• DavidJonesDavidJones BermondseyPosts: 253MI6 Agent

Is that YouTube video just an edited-down clip of the audio or is it the full thing? I can't quite tell.

Pretty sure it's the whole thing. They weren't long books and were mainly pictures!