The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

No, TB2, it's been very quiet recently.

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent

I have my first jab on Thursday night, I was hoping to get a weekend or Friday appointment as Mrs Coop was very tired after hers (she got hers early due to her profession) how were you TB2 after yours ?

It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,774MI6 Agent

Two days of intense muscle pain, Coop! Thumpling headaches dizzy, nausea and chills. All I cold do was sleep and sleep and sleep!

Then as quicly as it started, it all eased off again. I still have drained tired moments, but much better than I was. Don't regret getting it

done, far from it, but great minds.... - going to see if I can get Jab 2 on a Friday Afternoon to be on the safe side.

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

Your experience was very similar to my wife's then. I wasn't able to change my appointment so it's tonight and I have to be at work tomorrow so not looking forward to that at all, but you never know? Some just say they get a numb arm and that's it! I guess time will tell.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent

A woman who was in the same class as me and litterally the girl next door was bedridden the day after her vaccine. The next day she was fine though.

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

A pint of London Pride for me, please, to celebrate Saint George’s Day, and whatever anyone else would like whether you’re English or any other nationality 🍺🥃🍸🍹🍷

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff

You should take two paracetamol 2 hours before the jab and two more 2 hours after…then two more before bed.

When I had mine I was fine, not even a sore arm.

Hope it went well 🤞🏻

YNWA 97
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

I managed to go to work the next day after mine but was pretty groggy after a restless shivvery night.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Thats good advice, I did take some paracetamol yesterday morning, as I woke up feeling ever so slightly headachy and generally achy all over, managed fine at work yesterday but crashed last night so just went to bed, and other than a sore arm no probs this morning though I have slept for over 10 hours. I have to say that the whole procedure is very well done, I was in and out within 10 mins, very efficient and professional a total credit to the NHS 👍

Yeah groggy is a good way to describe it, I was at work following day too, was ok, just wanted the day to end though asap

Glad to hear you weren’t too ill…it’s strange how I had no side effects...not achy, sleepy, drained or a sore arm 🤷🏻‍♂️

The practice I went to was extremely efficient...they were running ahead of schedule and I was through in less than 5 mins - although no date given for my second vaccination...

YNWA 97

Perhaps it depends on the which vaccine you get ? I had AZ and was no where near as unwell as my wife who had Pfizer 🤷 also I suppose different people's immune systems behave differently, I know my own is very aggressive and I've never had flu in my life I don't think. I had heard that if youve had covid19 then you are more likely to feel unwell after the jab, but I don't know if there is any truth to this ?

edited April 2021

Def NOT Coop. I also had the Astra Zenica jab - seems it has a reputation for causing side effects!

Its well earned.

Not entirely surprised you sailed though it M. Re second dates, I asked the Nurse who gave Me Jab 1. Its all down to receiving a second letter.

At least it is here in Wales. My Dad who is still up in Scotland was told immediately when his Jab 2 is. Mind you he is over 70, so the priority status will be different. - Usually its 8 to 12 weeks after the first one.

Who is drinking what? Crikey nearly forgot! CHEEKS? Please activate the auto medic card sub programme of your scanner please.

Now people are getting their Jab 1, this will save mucking about with paper checks.

(C.H.E.E.K.S, makes a mild whirring noise, and her deep green cyclon eye cycles into a bluer shade of green. .. After a pause she says

"Vaccination card auto scan activated Thunderbird 2. Also Biotoxin and Virus Scan complete. The SABS is safe!" )

Thank You M'dear! Right NOW who is drinking what?

Take a guess...... 😃

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

It seems the older you are the less reaction you have.

All the people I know over 65 (65-85) that have received the AZ and Pfizer vaccine, had little or no reaction. All those I know between 45 and 55 have suffered for 24 hours.

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Under 65 (not by much), got the AZ a few weeks ago, no reaction whatsoever.

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

Barbel under 65 🤔🤭

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

I don't doubt Barbel. I the sense that I'm sure he feels 64..... 😏

(Produces a pint of Coke Zero)

The more things change, the more they stay the same! Nublix No 24!

Barbel - ignore them. It was my 46th Birthday the other day and I have been a Grumpy old man since I was 14!

I personally believe its a genetically ingrained trait in us Scots. 🥃 Cheers!

(drinks Coke while Googling "Nublix".)

-TB2, what is "nublix"?

Oh, every day of it- though I'm not there yet either!

I can't reveal my real age. Section 26, paragraph 6 - sure you understand

🤣🤣🤣

What was it Sean Connery said ? "When I was 25 I looked 45 " or something like that 🤣

Under 65 here too, by a slightly larger margin than yourself 👀 and had the AZ vaccine...all perfectly fine.

YNWA 97
    edited April 2021

So this is the Corona Thread corner if the bar, where refugees from that thread have found a home away from home after the thread was burned down. How bittersweet!

It reminds me of those Russian nobles who sat in Parisians restaurants, dreaming of the wonderful parties the czar used to throw. Shared interests and memories are so previous! 🤗

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Don't all gather here at once though! Do we need some kind of password or phrase?

Do you have AZ match?

I use a Pfizer.

Better still.

Until they go wrong...

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Clever 😎