Nomi or Madeleine?

tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 212MI6 Agent

Nomi or Madeleine? Who's storyline are you more intrigued by as we inch ever so closer to the release of No Time To Die?

Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
https://sistraininggear.com

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent

Probably Nomi. Hopefully Bond is 007 at the end of NTTD and I wonder how they solve that problem.

• tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 212MI6 Agent

Yeah, I'm really excited to see how that all plays out.

Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
    https://sistraininggear.com
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

Yes agreed: I think they’re both interesting stories and we don’t really know where either are going, but before seeing the film it’s Nomi’s story which intrigues me more.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent

That being said I'm looking forward to see if they manage to develop Madeleine and her relationship to Bond in a more intreaging way and how her story ends.

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent

Nomi. Wasn't sold on the Madeleine relationship, which seemed to happen "just because".

"Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • fire and icefire and ice EarthPosts: 149MI6 Agent

Madeleine for me and what ever dark secret that is being implied in the trailers, I think I already know what it is.

'...exceptionally fine shot...'
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent

Care to share? You can put it in spoiler tags if you like.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

Not sure how to do spoilers, though I suspect we may get a reworking of the Renard and Electra relationship with Safin and Madeline... or she is a clone lol

Interesting! I've thought she is a clone since the footage of the filming of the child on the ice came out.

The hand gesture that Bond makes when stood in front of Madeline made me think she was a clone, the tone of the movie will dictate this for sure and how outlandish they go with NTTD. My gut feeling is NTTD will be a great film, and if it is outlandish I will be happy.

I think the secret she's holding is that she's a clone. Not only is she a clone, she's a clone that wasn't supposed to survive. I have a feeling that either Safin is the cloning project creator, or he took over the project from someone else (maybe his Dad, Dr. Julius No?). The clones are created for drug testing and genetic testing to create the "perfect human." When something didn't go right with the testing on the infant Madeline, she was ordered to be disposed of. Mr. White was ordered to dispose of her. Mr. White couldn't do that to a child so he rescues her and raises her as his own. Nobody knew this for years. When its discovered a clone survived and escaped, Safin wants her killed. Safin doesn't want Blofeld to find out what kind or project SPECTRE is actually funding. When Blofeld finds out what the cloning project is really doing, he tells Bond everything he knows about Safin to help Bond defeat Safin and hopefully get the project shut down. Just my opinion on the plot.

Certainly a possibility, Mr. White adopting Madeline makes sense. Blofeld though I would expect to go along with any madcap scheme, ultimately what ever role he has in the film will surely lead to him plotting his own escape and regaining power.

Blofeld will help MI6 if it serves his ultimate goal.

I really hope they completely ignore Blofeld is Bonds step brother arc 😂

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited September 2021

I'm looking forward to the dynamic between Bond and his replacement as 007...and I'm reasonably certain that Bond's bad luck with regard to significant others will persist through to the end of NTTD, with Madeleine shuffling off this mortal coil. I think the casting of Lashana Lynch was inspired...but I also think that her prospects for survival of the narrative are marginal. Not spoilers, by any stretch, as I know zero; just a casual guess/prediction.

Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM