Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff

Oh, negative reviews are on there…it’s just if the seller complains to eBay - my review contained no swear words and was just a factual complaint…as in, seller refused to send item 🤷🏻‍♂️

YNWA 97
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    edited May 2021

Quoting Higgins…

If you are vaccinated, you still get infected but won't have sympthoms. But you can still transfer the virus to those that are not vaccinated.

This isn’t true at all 🙄 even IF you are vaccinated you can still catch the virus AND show symptoms…in most cases any symptoms shown should not lead to hospitalisation…but yes - you will be able to pass the virus on…remember the vaccine is NOT 100% effective…depending upon which one you have, it’s in region of 70%-90% - which is still far better than the flu vaccine.

YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited May 2021

Another prime example how riding on one (missing) word, Sir Miles destroys the valuable message of one of my posts.

I should have written: If you are vaccinated, you still can get infected but very likely won't have sympthoms.

But that was not my point:

• even if vaccinated, you can get infected and will pass the virus to others - who are vaccinated or not.
    • if you are not vaccinated, you will get infected because of this - no matter how well you protect yourself. And you will then suffer from the infection in the full range from no sympthoms to possible hospitalization and death

And I hope that Sir Miles can agree with this....

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent

Thank you for asking. No I did not get the job. It went to an ex police sergeant who was looking for a job after retirement. I am disappointed and am taking time to see if I have come to the end of my advancement with the company. If I feel this is the case I will start to apply for similar jobs with other companies.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent

Had to reply to my old friend.

Their loss Joshua, keep pushing forward, and I'm sure your potential will shine through. They say Good guys finish last, ....... but not always. I've changes jobs a few times, from working for myself to working for other people. I've done security and Door work, hotel reception and now I'm in high street retail. Given the state of play after Lockdown I could find myself looking for a new job myself.

So if your future lies with another company then go for it , you've no decision to make until offered another position. Keep your chin up

keep safe

"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

I completely agree with my old friend above. Just keep plugging, Joshua, the right man will find the right job. It took me years, but I got there and I'm sure you will too.

Thank you Thunderpussy and Barbel.

I have gone from security officer to supervisor in a relatively short period. It is not in my nature to 'stay still' in work. I wish the new manager well in his post and I hope he won't get too much of a shock when he realises he has swapped 'retirement' for a sixty hour week!

I must also say it is good to see Thunderpussy posting. AJB is an orphan without him! He must return to active duty soon!

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job Joshua, but echo the words of Barbel and TP. It sounds like you've already made up your mind and doing the right thing in actively pursuing a change of scene and new challenge. Wishing you the very best mate.

Agree with you 100% re. TP's return to active service. The site is poorer without him.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent

I would like to congratulate the Royal Norwegian People on this national day 🇧🇻 🎉

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

Happy Constitution Day N24, and all your fellow country folk.

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

That’s not good news, Joshua. The management are obviously shortsighted, it’s never good to bring someone in from the outside instead of promoting from within, it creates a negative impact. I’m sure something else will turn up soon more worthy of your talents.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent

TP your there !!! Is it really you ? Please say you're back

It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent

Better luck next time Joshua, I'm sure you find the position you deserve sooner or later 👌

It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent

Everything happens for a reason, Joshua. Keep your eyes and ears open and stay positive- something better will turn up. It will be their loss when you go. 🍸

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Thank you all for your messages of support, I really appreciate them

Thank you again my friends.

Barbel I posted the above message but pressed the 'new discussion' button by mistake. The message said the post will be shown after it has been approved. There is no need to approve it as I repeated it above!

Gotcha, Joshua. 😃

I was of course testing you. I could never make such a mistake!😉

You passed!

I don't want to make a new discussion for this one question so I'll post it here.

In Octopussy, when Bond steals the car and drives it to the US air base, what car is it?

I think the car in question is a great looking design.

Tomorrow Denmark opens up all corona restrictions except for nightclubs and bars. Congratulations and let's hope it goes well! 🇩🇰

• Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent

The car from Octopussy Joshua is the Alfa Romeo GTV6.

What makes you think this is my first time?

Thank you. I am going to have a look at some pictures of it on the internet now I know so I can examine it in more detail.

There are a few Alpha Romeo GTV6's for sale in the UK. They're all out of my grasp!

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1223236

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

My new T-shirt arrived today...😁

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Excellent! That looks fantastic, CHB.

Today Swedish authorities authorities decided to allow people from the other Nordic countries to enter the country. That's very sweet of them.

Iceland, Finland and Norway have less than a thousand Covid-19 deaths each. Denmark is harder hit with about 2500 dead. Sweden has about 14 500. The Swedish health authorities are trying to find out why this is, because it can't possibly be because the country put in place restrictions about ten months after the rest of Europe. 😟

This is my new phone. I will stop at nothing to get a macho reputation! 💪 (it's actually a gift)

Nice phone.

edited June 2021

It's at least twice the weight of my old phone, it's scratch and water resistant and it looks like Rambo and the Terminator designed a phone together. 😂

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

Well at least it'll be much more difficult to break or crack the screen then. It's functional rather than perhaps aesthetically pleasing and I know which one I prefer!

What make of phone is it by the way, @Number24?

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).