fit of my rgt No Time To die - AJB members input on the

Hey guys, hope i can get all your inputs, this is me in a RGT jacket in Large, was wondering what you guys think how it looks on me in terms of fit.

cause if it looks to big on me, i am planning to get an M

if it looks good on me , im just planning to shorten the arm length so i dont need to fold the cuffs inward and wont need to buy an M and sell the L hehe

Hope to hear from you guys soon

cheers in advance for the input guys. im in the jacket starting miute 13 of the video

hope i can get input on what you guys think on the length, arm size, and how it looks on me

cheers again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA5YiZQ2kKg&t=1053s

Yes i did ride the CAT

Comments

• This is the first time I've seen someone wearing this jacket when they didn't look like it was uncomfortably tight on them. I've heard it is a very stiff jacket. You could probably pull off a medium, but keep in mind, you will most likely be sacrificing some freedom of movement. If you want a snug, tailored look, go down a size, otherwise, I say enjoy the large.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent

The large looks good to me my friend. Just a little arm length shortening required as you say. I think the medium would look and feel too tight on you. Enjoy the jacket!

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent

Yes I think that looks like a good size. Nothing worse than getting a jacket that's too small even though it feels like a perfect fit when you try it on in the shop.

• Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent

thanks Mr E Red King and emtiem, thats good to hear, i did want a tigght fit but i also thought of when i use it in clioder climates i want to put a sweater underneath it, so need the space. the team at RGT also recommended the Large at first - so maybe ill just shorten the arm length (that is if i can find a good tailor here in indonesia that can do it hehe)

any advice from those that have already tailored the jacket ?

Yes i did ride the CAT
  • Out of curiosity, what is the armpit to armpit measurement of the size large and the shoulder to cuff measurement?

• GaryorangeGaryorange Posts: 160MI6 Agent

I’ve had the same issue. In the end I’ve gone for the tighter fitted medium. A large was doable though. I think I was concerned that as it breaks in it would become too loose. You are looking good though.🤓👍

• SauceBossSauceBoss Posts: 37MI6 Agent

This is a trucker jacket which is a style of jacket meant to have a "boxy" fit rather than the slim fit that is more common nowadays. That sort of threw me off too when I first got and I was questioning the fit on me. I was in a similar situation that you are in now, but I am very pleased after just tailoring the sleeve length. I too went with large, but of course everyone is different. My initial impression is that it is a good fit and you look good. But it is hard to truly analyze when not in person.

I recommend checking out this video and going over each point that he makes while you are wearing yours. If it matches, then you got nothing to be concerned about for sure. If some things are off, it will give you some tailoring options aside from sleeve length (unless it's shoulders/chest). If too many things are off, perhaps size down.

How A Men's Trucker Jacket Should Fit/How A Denim Jacket Should Fit/How To Buy A Trucker Jacket - YouTube The actual breakdown starts at 1:45.

But with all that said, I am 5'10", 185lbs, 41 chest, and 33 waist (178cm tall, 84kg, 104cm chest, 83cm waist) and the fit is near perfect for me.

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

Agree with the comments here. I think it's really great through the torso, and if there's even a chance you might want to layer, then you've definitely got the right size. For years I've bought jackets that have been on the slimmer side of where they should be. I'd love to try the RGT one day too.

All the best,

S.

...a brother from Sydney
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent

thanks guys for the inputs , i will reply the pit to pit next week and also shoulder to cuff for you Mr E

Yes i did ride the CAT