The Scooby Gang after NTTD

Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
edited May 2021 in The James Bond Films

I wonder what happens to M, Q, Moneypenny, Tanner and Felix Leiter after Craig's tenure? Personally I like the current Scooby Gang cast, especially Naomi Harris and Ben Whishaw. My only problem with this cast is their fame outside the franchise, leading to more screen time for them. Still I'd like them to stay on.

What do you think?

And who would you like to see in those roles if EON decide to re-cast? My suggestions are Hugh Grant as M and Toby Jones as Q. Of course especially Grant is famous, so the problem of a too famous supporting cast would remain.

Comments

• chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,178MI6 Agent

I like the cast. Fiennes was always a good shout for M. Whishaw has more than impressed too. The others and their involvement I can leave aside. What I'd really like is a film where they DON'T play a prominent role. One hero is plenty. Bond doesn't even thwart the villain's plan anymore.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent

Yes. I'd like to see more of them, but only if I see less of them.

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,119MI6 Agent

I like them all too, but couldn't agree more N24👍️

"Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent

Changing that part of the cast seems unneccesary at this point, but it's still fun to speculate who they could use instead. Moneypenny is a difficult one. I used to want Honeysuckle Weeks in the role, but now I don't know. Any ideas?

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021

That's the paradox and I agree with that. It's important to remember that it's meant to be James Bond and not Scooby Doo. The 'Old Firm' need to remain where they belong - in the offices of MI6 and leave Bond to do his thing in the field. He's more than capable of working solo without the need for any "Scooby Gang".

She's got a Bond girl name already so she has that going for her... 😉

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).