Barbour Graham Jacket-Will they reissue?

Hi everyone

New to posting so I hope this in the right place.

Anybody know if Barbour will reissue the Graham. Really surprised it’s so hard to find. There must be some money to made surely? The Commander jacket is still going strong after all.

Anybody got any inside knowledge?

Comments

• k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    I spoke to a Lady at Barbour customer services about 3 weeks ago (who was extremely pleasant) reference the Barbour Graham Jacket re-runs. She laughed and said she "Couldn't answer that due to legal reasons". My take is that this is probably quite positive, no surprises that they are no doubt working on the re-release but I am guessing closer to the films release as they have missed the Autumn Winter window.

Garyorange wrote:
    Hi everyone

New to posting so I hope this in the right place.

Anybody know if Barbour will reissue the Graham. Really surprised it’s so hard to find. There must be some money to made surely? The Commander jacket is still going strong after all.

Anybody got any inside knowledge?
  • GaryorangeGaryorange Posts: 160MI6 Agent
    Hi there ! That is great news (although there is no confirmation) it’s really hard to imagine they would want to turn down all that cash! Hopefully it will be more screen accurate.

Thank you so much.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    Great news. Can I ask you if you have a direct contact to the costumer service? I ask because I've tried to reach them but received no answer yet. But, scrolling through the forum, I think is a general problem...
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I believe it will come but at present with Covid they are struggling to keep up with the standard ranges but it will come.
    I have a contact at Barbour since skyfall who is very helpful.
    Please have faith
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I hope if they do have a reissue they make the sizing a little more like the screen worn jacket rather than the previously released jacket. Don’t really want the added hassle of having to tailor it.
    Hopefully they will address the sizing!

Please let us know if you hear any more!

Still no issue or redesign.....will it ever come?

Anybody any ideas?

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

It’ll be part of the Autumn/Winter collection from September.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Hi there...

prediction or inside knowledge? 😂😉🤪

• The original was a collaboration. barbour x engineered garments. That's why they can't answer "due to legal reasons". Much like the Skyfall jacket which was also a collaboration, expect a reissue like the "dept. b" or "commander" jacket, where barbour basically copies the design but calls it something else, won't be 100% like the original.

As far as sizing goes, I noticed that Craig's tailors left the width of the waist on items like the tommy bahama, rogue territory, and barbour graham as is, but the TB was shortened, the barbour and RT were taken in at the chest, and the barbour's arms were slimmed down quite a bit. Moral of the story: Craig's screen worn gear is always heavily tailored. I wouldn't expect sizing to change much on the Graham.

Thanks for all that. The design is used a lot in there jackets anyway isn’t it in one way or another .

it’s really hard to see why it isn’t out now given the way the RT must be selling.

They know their jobs I guess !

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

I would love get one eventually. Who wants to get the ball rolling on a reissue? I think its been well established that a company will listen if enough of us speak up.

Great idea! What do we do?

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Hi I’d love to get one. Just hoping that Barbour issue it around time of the release of the film

Anthony
  • JDJD Posts: 27MI6 Agent

Anyone got an insight into below jacket?

Seems not to be the 'Washed' version but missing the screen accurate button on collar and the back pocket.

https://www.woodhouseclothing.com/en-gb/barbour-x-engineered-garments-covert-jacket-navy-aw21mca0749ny71.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-_bGw7aB8QIVVofVCh3kvQMrEAQYASABEgLN8_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Wow ! That looks from the pictures very very close!

Oh man my finger is hovering over the buy button!

• ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent

I had the washed Graham in navy and blue and sent them both back. That Covert version looks very nice. Can’t find any more info on it though apart from that one site.

Yes. Considerably!

It would be great to see it on but can’t find any joy there. Does anybody know how Barbour works? Do they produce items for sale outside of their own website? They don’t seem to have sold this themselves .

could this be the nearest we will get to the graham coming back?

• JDJD Posts: 27MI6 Agent

I'm close to biting the bullet and ordering but as you say, can't seem to find this on any other site.

15% is tempting too!

It’s killing me I haven’t pulled the trigger yet!

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

Looks like the jacket has been removed from their site now.

• 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent

Ok, I pulled the trigger, and the jacket has just been delivered

First impressions it looks slightly slimmer than the Graham when comparing to pictures. It does not have the washed look, and the fabric looks pretty spot on.

I ordered a small (36" chest), and it is not a bad fit, but I do need to get the shoulders taken up about 1.5 - 2", and see if they can bring in the jacket by a similar amount - nothing too major, but enough to make it a better fit.

The hood - so the jacket does have buttons for a detachable hood, the hood studs are under the collar and are like the Barbour Beaufort. On the Graham, they had two stud ends featured on the collar. Now on the covert jacket, you can feel where those studs are under the collar fabric, and they are in the right place, it is a matter of asking whether these studs ends can be exposed on the collar to make it look screen accurate.

I will need to take this to Barbour, probably on the weekend, as I want them to tailor it, and will ask if these adjustments ca be made.

On review, this is as close to a good alternative, and once all the alterations have been made it should be a close fit. I guess with the Graham there are some design details that they need to change as it was a limited edition.

Will try and take some pics once I have a window free (probably later this evening).

For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day

Hey,

Just an update, managed to take these photos whilst on my lunch break, I have tried to take as many to show some of the details, hope this helps:

I also tried to pair it with a black shirt, unfortunately my black shirt is slightly fading, but I hope it gives an idea of what it would look like with the Tommy Bahama black shirt

Back of the jacket:

Labels:

For England James?

I’m a 38 chest. Do you think I should get a small or medium ? Apart from the poacher pocket it looks a great match!

I would say a Small will fit well - I tried it on again and I could definitely take at least 3 inches from the sides to make it fit well. Happy to provide a pit to pit measurement if that helps.

I think it is a close match as well, the colour looks near spot on. I am hoping to get to a Barbour store in London to see about tailoring it down and the collar hood stubs, don't know about the last one, but they have done tailoring down for me for my other jackets. Will keep you posted!

For England James?

Please do! Glad someone’s bought one. I would have bought a medium without this update.

Hey

So the dimensions for the small are as follows:

Pit to Pit - 21"

body length - 27"

The fit is boxy, not slim, I am a 36" chest, and I can easily take it in by at least 2", and the sleeves are long so I am looking to take that up by 2-3".

Hope this helps :)

For England James?

Yep! Very much. It’s very very similar to the Graham! I would definitely buy a small now based on this. Thank you

woodhouse have taken it down for some reason though 😂

I need the discounts to justify getting it!

• That might be the reissue, perhaps woodhouse put it up for sale before they were supposed to and had to pull it.

And it wouldn't surprise me if they screwed up the metal snap on the collar detail; whenever there's a reissue or recreation, it seems they always miss some small detail, at least enough to keep the die-hard fans from getting a proper night's rest knowing their item is not 100% screen accurate.