James Leasor & Ian Fleming

I have important findings on James Leasor, Ian Fleming and Cord

Please contact me via email

Kimbolton19

Comments

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

why not post your important findings so all can see? I know a few here would be interested.

a couple of earlier threads on the Leasor/Fleming connection:

James Leasor's Dr Jason Love novels

James Leasor and the James Bond Continuation Authorship in the 1960s?

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent

As the author of one of those threads posted above I'd be very interested in hearing more about this. It is an area I am researching, especially the little known fact that James Leasor was asked to continue the Bond novels after the death of Ian Fleming.

Could you provide your email address or would you rather correspond by PM? It would be good if you could share what you feel you can here too.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Anthony66058Anthony66058 Posts: 3MI6 Agent

I would also appreciate if you post them here or create your own thread. I will support you there.

Thanks in advance!

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

what I forgot to say is most important of all...

Welcome new member!

We need more hardcore scholarly Bond fans who wish to discuss such things as potential continuation authors who turned down the chance. That may seem an esoteric corner of Bond-fandom, but believe me there are many here who obsess over such things and wish to learn more.

Please come introduce yourself to the rest of the gang at the Welcome & Comings & Goings thread! you too Anthony!

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021

Yes, indeed. I'm forgetting my manners! 😳

A warm welcome aboard AJB to both @Kimbolton19 and @Anthony66058! I hope you both enjoy your time here.

I'm also in agreement with @caractacus potts that we are always in need of more hardcore literary Bond fans here. One of my special interests is the literary Bond and within that the history of the Bond continuation. Although as you say it's a rather esoteric corner of Bondology it's one I'm very interested in. Especially this James Leasor stuff as it's so rare to find out anything about it. In fact it only seemed to come to light at all when Mr Leasor died back in 2007 and his obituary was published in The Times. Hopefully we can learn some more about Leasor's connections to the literary Bond world in the time ahead!

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).