Barbour Graham Jacket-Will they reissue?

Comments

• GaryorangeGaryorange Posts: 160MI6 Agent

I wondered that too! Is the reissue but somehow it’s been botched? I mean ‘covert ‘ is a bit of spy type word isn’t it!?

Tried to get in touch with woodhouse but they won’t talk about this item . Very odd!

Not in the same league as the covert but the price is tempting...

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

Jumped the shark is a phrase that comes to mind.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

No....I won’t be buying that one. 😂

• biesnacksbiesnacks Posts: 85MI6 Agent

looks really close, i hope it hits the wider market soon. I had a washed version and i sold it, fit wasnt right. What was this one priced at before they pulled it?

£230 but a 15% voucher was in play for first time buyers.

• I have a screen accurate barbour graham unlined in size Medium that is new with tags attached. I can wear the medium but would be willing to trade for a size Small if someone has the same jacket and wants to go up a size. It's not the washed version nor would I be interested in a trade for the washed version.

• Also, I was able to buy the Barbour Covert in size small right before wood house pulled the listing.

As one who owns the graham and now the covert, I can tell you that both jackets are exactly the same, the new covert jacket even has the same snaps on the collar as the graham...the only difference is that the snaps on the collar of the covert are only punched through the underside of the collar whereas the graham is punched through both sides of the fabric...I actually like the covert more. In my opinion, both the graham and the covert are leaps and bounds better than the washed version. I had the washed version at one point but sold it, it was heavier and oily, didn't like the discoloration and the "been through the wash and dryer one too many times" look.

• ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent

I thought the Covert doesn’t have the poachers pocket at the rear of the jacket?

Yes. Considerably!
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent

Maybe it's just the pictures, but the collar on the Covert looks a LOT smaller than the collar on the Graham.

Hi there Mr E. is the sizing similar? There are only mediums left which are advertised as for 38 chests which would be perfect for me. However the small in the washed version (completely agree with all you comments about it) was very big.

to be honest this burning a hole in my pocket now so I might just buy and see how it goes.

Thank you

• biesnacksbiesnacks Posts: 85MI6 Agent

would you be interested in selling the covert?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2021

Garyorange,

If the Graham didn't fit you, the covert won't either! They have the exact same massive fit. The covert small is not for a size 38 chest, wood house is using a "universal" measuring system and inaccurate at that. I have a size 40 chest, and the size small still gives me a little wiggle room. Actually, I can measure the armpit to armpit right now for the small and the medium...

medium Graham unlined jacket armpit to armpit: 23 inches

small Covert jacket armpit to armpit: 22.5 inches

(baffles me that they don't make this jacket or the Graham in a XS)

ichaice,

The covert DOES have the screen accurate pockets in the back. It doesn't look like it in the pictures at woodhouse, probably because they tucked the fabric and pinned it on the dummy to make it look more tailored. All details are there.

Cheverian,

I can measure the collar if you like, the covert collar might be a little smaller but I wouldn't say by much. The only other nit-picky thing I noticed is that the covert might be a slightly darker shade of navy but not by much. (Just so you know the picture you posted is of the washed version which might have a bigger collar than the screen accurate graham)

biesnacks,

If someone ends up trading me a small for a medium in the screen accurate graham, I would consider selling the covert. I really do like it a little more than the graham though, so not in a rush to sell. I can keep you in mind though if I do.

Thanks MrE . The medium would be huge on me! I definitely need a small. Thanks for the info.

The marketing here just really confuses me. The demand has got to be there but this gets sneaked out on a another companies website. I’m really confused. Why not put out on the main Barbour site and make more of it?

• Correction...

You are right Cheverian, the collar is quite a bit smaller on the covert compared to the Graham.

And as far as different shades of navy, I think my eyes were playing tricks on me, the color seems to be the same.

So not available anywhere now? What do we make of this? Is that last we’ll see of the covert jacket!?

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent

It’ll be everywhere come September. Don’t worry.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Had this reply from Barbour.

Dear Gary,

Thank you for your stock availability request. I can confirm that there are no immediate plans to replenish the Barbour Covert on www.barbour.com. I have checked all sources available within Barbour and there are none that have this item available.

I have also checked our main online stockists and they are showing that they are out of stock in that particular style.

If you wish to continue your search online, please feel free to use our 'Counterfeit Education' page on our website, simply type into the search bar the website address of the site you're browsing and it will tell you immediately if that particular site is an authorised stockist. You will also be able to report any unauthorised stockists you come across - http://www.barbour.com/counterfeit-education

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Kind regards

Rachael

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021

ofc... exactly the same customer service told me that the Graham doesn't even appear in the movie 🙄

• One thing to keep in mind is that the "covert" might not even be the reissue at all, but just a coincidentally very close look-a-like.

Like Asp9mm said, I wouldn't worry. And I'm not saying that because I have the graham and the covert. Look at how prolific Barbour has been with the skyfall jacket. They are not going to miss an opportunity to cash in on the final Daniel Craig Bond film. They are probably just trying to time the release of the reissue to coincide with the release of the movie.

I agree. I hate mysteries though. It just seems really odd that a jacket should pop up for a week and disappear!

• Asp9mm usually seems to have a pretty good inside scoop on these matters, so if he is saying the covert is the reissue and will be back in September, then it probably will be.

Barbour might have seen wood house selling the jacket prematurely and had them yank it for legal purposes. I guess only time will tell.

That sounds pretty plausible to me.

• shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent

I was in Barbour yesterday in Edinburgh and was told the jacket is called the Cohort and will be out around the time of the move costing around £230, they are going to call me on the day its out.

• AussiebondguyAussiebondguy Posts: 18MI6 Agent

That's great news, cant wait for it to be released

• 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent

Great news thanks

Anthony

• I think they must have meant to say "covert" it was released momentarily on woodhouse clothing's site, but they pulled the listing because it's not supposed to be released until the movie comes. Unfortunately, the reissue is not 100% screen accurate, but no surprise there. Most reissues are not.