Timothy Dalton in GoldenEye - Deepfake

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021

It's upsetting to hear Brosnan's voice coming out of "Dalton". I can only imagine how shocking this video will be to watch for our Higgins and I fear a heart attack if he ever watched it.

I strongly suggest, nay urge you, to put a personalized warning in the thread title! ⛔

Personally I thought it was a blast! 😁

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

Thanks for sharing, that’s a lot of fun!

Shame his face doesn’t quite fit on Pierce’s bonce- it looks too high somehow 😄

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Has anyone seen Higgins since this tread started to check if he's okay?

New members may not understand how traumatic this must be to him 😏

• kristopherm3kristopherm3 Posts: 156MI6 Agent

Ahoy Number24, I've had an account on this forum for... Must be around a decade at this point but I was always a bit of an anti-social bastard (an occasional 'lurker', if you will).

So I was wondering if you might explain why this Higgins would be so disturbed by such a sight? I take it he's a staunch Pierce advocate?

You're very welcome to post much more frequently in this decade. 👨‍💻

Higgins has his set and strong views about Dalton, to the point were he claims Dalton always cries. Some will say Higgins is even better known for his anti-Dalton views than his enthusiastic partipitation in political threads (a thing of the past now) and his hideous green trainers. We like him in spite of, or possibly because of, all of this. 😃

How curious... I had no inkling Dalton had a reputation for being a serial weeper, but I have it on good authority he is a sensitive soul and a devoted horticulturist who likes to watch Gardener's World with his Friday curry, so it makes sense.

That said, I'm not sure I trust a man who declares himself a Dalton decrier (a different sort of 'cry'). And isn't Dunlop Green Flash a bit PASTICHE now?

Higgins claims the movies are cleverly cut just seconds before the water works starts, he can see it in Dalton's eyes. 😒

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,698MI6 Agent

I know its Daltons face, but all I see is Brosnan, and it's because it his voice, his hair and all his mannerisms as Bond. Perhaps one day technology will allow Daltons voice and mannerisms to be used.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

thats a good point.

What makes Dalton Dalton is his overacting and his booming stage actor voice. Brosnan underplays it, reading many of his lines under his breath with much less range. To make this deepfake truly complete we need a good Dalton voice impersonator to overdub.

I agree on the voice impersonator, having Brosnan's voice coming out of "Dalton's" face was very odd. But Dalton uses the full range of his voice, not only his blooming stage actot's voice". Listen when he says "Why me?" in TLD to mention one example. Dalton has a dreper, more sonerous voice than Brosnan. PB was a good Bond in many ways, but his nasal, mid-Atlantic delivery places him at thebottom of the list when comparing the Bonds' voices.

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

theres still the mannerisms. Dalton waves his arms around more, and grimaces and glowers and fumes (as well as weeping). Brosnan's much too cool to do any of these things.

But overdubbing a Dalton style voice oughta be easier than superimposing his face, its the obvious next step!

edited June 2021

I can agree there are traces of his theatre background in Dalton's performances, but I still rank him as a better actor than Brosnan. But Brosnan has a slicker, cooler style. This is perhaps more important than acting range when being Bond.

I suggest this talented chap for Dalton impersonator: https://youtu.be/gEkLaOiX8dg

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021

All this tells me is that the biggest difference between the two actors is hair gel!

"...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent

I think that’s a good observation, yeah. Brosnan also knew to give Bond plenty of self-confidence.

That’s not bad at all! 😄

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

Perfect analysis of why Dalton just gives such a pathetic performance! 🍻

Free lifetime membership in the Weepy Eyes Fan Club granted to you!

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

why thank you Higgins! it is an honour to join your fine organization

(sssh nobody tell Higgins I think Daltons overacting is a good thing! I've successfully infiltrated his organization! heh heh heh)

But.... but Dalton is a great actor!

(good job! Now you can do what we talked about - think Russian hackers and the US or DaltonBond in Sanchez' organisation 😉)

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,736MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021

I like Dalton's Bond very much. I like Brosnan's Bond portrayal as well. Totally different style's of Bond, but Bond no less. I don't see Dalton as "weepy" Bond but more "annoyed" or "cranky" Bond. Brosnan was definitely "cool" Bond but in a bit more of a Frat Boy way than Connery who was the coolest but in a colder, harder, way....like the indifference of a tiger stalking its prey and then making a dark joke after consuming it.