Random Chat!!! (All Welcome!)

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,703MI6 Agent

It's an ulefone Armor 8, and I dislike your asumption that Rambo and the Terminator can't design a good-looking phone! πŸ˜†

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,645MI6 Agent

Sorry if my comment came across as critical of how your phone looked. That wasn't my intention. I think it looks nice. I was thinking more of the protective cover than the phone itself. My old phone had a heavy duty cover like that too. As I said, I prefer the phone to be well protected from damage above how it looks aesthetically with the cover added.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent

Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5 review. The eighties Alfa icon with the best sounding V6 ever?

What makes you think this is my first time?
    edited September 2021

I was making fun of the phone's design myself, so that's perfectly allright.

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,645MI6 Agent
    edited June 2021

Ah, good. I think it looks perfectly fine myself. My current phone has a less heavy duty cover but it seems to be protecting it well enough so far. Fingers crossed.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent

Happy to report that Mrs. Higgins and myself have received our J&J Covid shots today.

So far no issues of side effects.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff

Glad to hear that, and glad to see you.

Congratulations! I'm getting my second Pfizer shot Wednesday next week.

Ps: make sure you're mentally ready before watching the Dalton in GF deepfake in another thread... and a heart starter kit and someone you haven't discussed politics with standing nearby. 😏

Thanks, Barbel!

I have lost a bit interest as the new forum software is a pain to find new posts and quotation is just nuts!

If you expect me going ballistic and search all over the forum for it - nice try - but try harder 😁😁

edited June 2021

I just worry about your mental and physical health, Higgins . I have been since I saw your sneakers and your posts about Dalton "crying". 😁

• caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,907MI6 Agent

welcome back Higgins!

Higgins said:

the new forum software is a pain to find new posts and quotation is just nuts!

is the reason its been so quiet lately because the new forum software is difficult to use?

our competition at "the other place" uses the same software, and is even less user friendly. At least here we have a more complex Search tool and the latest page number (and date) appears for each thread whether we're logged in or not. and the dark palette is easier on the eyes

Just checking in to see if Barbel is sober again after the glorious tie from yesterday

*I know that he‘s zero interested in football

Today my sixteen year old nephew went on a short hike and a "dådyr" (European fallow deer, according to Google) calf came out of the forrest and followed him for about 100 meters. The animal wasn't just the size of a cat, it behaved like one too. It even snuggled up to his feet. 😊

I'm only vaguely aware that there's some sort of football thing going on! It hasn't affected my alcohol intake in any way at all.

edited June 2021

Don't worry, Barbel. We know your consumption is as high as ever, not letting that boring football affect it att all. πŸ˜‰

Yes, thanks N24! You're quite right. I'm just waiting for M to send me to Shrublands.

🀣

edited June 2021

TV is so boring now while this sports competition is going on πŸ˜’

edited June 2021

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

He's looking out for the camera. Lesson learned there. πŸ˜‰

Where those pics from a surveillance camera?

edited July 2021

Yes, apparently it came from the leaked footage of a CCTV camera, presumably one in the room itself. The footage was then uploaded on YouTube by the British tabloid The Sun and made their front page headline the other day.

As you may have heard, Matt Hancock resigned earlier today as his position as Health Secretary had become untenable. He was replaced by former Chancellor of the Exchequer, Sajid Javid.

Earlier tonight when I visited Sajid Javid's page on Wikipedia I saw that someone had had a bit of fun with the editing feature on the site just before it was changed back again:

That's very good! 😁😁😁

The next second I looked it was gone again. Managed to get a screenshot of it before it disappeared! πŸ˜€

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,030MI6 Agent

England 2-0 Germany.

Well done England! And well worth staying up into the early hours to watch it 🍻

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.